Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Why bacon is a gateway drug for vegetarians

Too lazy to look up existing bacon thread and add this.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011...or-vegetarians
Old 01-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Simpson!

Homer(Simpson, not the other one!) Thanks, Ernest. The article makes good sense to me.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love bacon. I had some for breakfast today.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This vegetarian thinks bacon is one of the worst smelling meats of all the meats when it cooks. But i think bacon might be a gateway for those who have actually had meat in their lives. I have never had real meat so i wouldn't be tempted.
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This thread made me go out and buy thick-cut apple wood smoked bacon. Yeah, I'm not prone to suggestion one bit.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
This vegetarian thinks bacon is one of the worst smelling meats of all the meats when it cooks. But i think bacon might be a gateway for those who have actually had meat in their lives. I have never had real meat so i wouldn't be tempted.
Agreed. I can't stand the smell of bacon being cooked or of any smoked/grilled meat. Probably my least favorite food smell is when somebody is cooking outdoors on a grill and you can smell that "charred" smell. I gag.

The article bothered me too. It made it sound like vegeterianism is some sort of bad habit that they should be induced to give up. I'm a vegan for ethical reasons and have zero interest in eating meat.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I AM a Simpson (really that's my name) Tonight I made catfish fried in Bacon Grease. Yesterday we made Potato soup with crispy bacon on top. Yep I love bacon.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Vegetarian farts can be pretty rank but I can't recall ever becoming righteously indignant over them? I could give up meat but I worry about losing my sense of humor. JK, I know at least 3 vegans who aren't dour and huffy all the time. They probably eat tofu bacon though.

I recall taking a vegetarian friend to visit my grandmother when I was in college. She made several dishes for him but he raved about her fresh green beans. 'Bacon grease is my secret ingredient', she proudly informed him. I nearly swallowed my tongue but he just laughed and asked for seconds. Apparently very little bacon is needed to restore a sense of humor?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

I went and cooked a while pan of extra thick bacon after I saw this thread.

<3 <3 <3 carnivore for life <3 <3 <3