Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Food at Costco

I think I'll be going to Costco tomorrow. Anyone have any "not to be missed" suggestions for food items there?

Last time I got the Legal Seafoods clam chowder and it was great.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on

Every Costco is slightly different Randi. My local Costco has a fairly large Kosher Foods section.
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Costco has some GREAT produce! I love buying their fruits.
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm not sure where my friend gets this for me, I'm pretty sure it's Costco, but if you see a big ol' jar of mango peach salsa buy it! I just love it and can't get enough. Buy a big bag of Scoops tortilla chips and you're in for a delicious time!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

as long as you get a chicken bake on your way out you're good lol
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl07093 View Post
I'm not sure where my friend gets this for me, I'm pretty sure it's Costco, but if you see a big ol' jar of mango peach salsa buy it! I just love it and can't get enough. Buy a big bag of Scoops tortilla chips and you're in for a delicious time!
Yeah, costco has that salsa.. never tried it
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks, you guys. I went this afternoon but didn't get much.

btw, I think they have that salsa at Trader Joe's too, but I could be mistaken.

I got a giant bag of peanut m&ms, some granola bars (enough for a lifetime), some Legal Seafoods soups (new england clam chowder and king crab/corn chowder), clementines and a big tub of pretzels.

So nothing unique. Next time. Please keep the ideas coming! What are some of their better baked goods? I wanted bagels but theirs didn't seem like anything I'd want. Too soft (bagels need a crusty outside).
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The bagels are pretty bad. They do have nice baked breads and sell Joey's Black and White cookies in the convenient gallon size though!
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:35 AM   #9
annabellethecat

annabellethecat can now change their title
Default Costco

Unbaked flour tortillas are delish, muffins are good, pizzas are good, Greek chicken pasta salad, just got rigatonni and meatballs, was excellent, tangerine juice yummy

Last edited by annabellethecat; 02-05-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: spelling
annabellethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #10
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

The salsa is really good,we are having it for our Super Bowl party tomorrow.I hope the salsa makes it till tomorrow,I can hear it calling me from the kitchen!!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

They do have a salsa similar to the one I mentioned at Trader Joe's but it isn't quite the same. Ever since I first tried the Mango Peach salsa at a Cinco De Mayo party a few years back I have been trying to find one just like it and have tried every Mango Peach (or similar combination) salsa that I could find. Nothing quite compares to the original one from Costco in my opinion.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Costco sells a real kick ass Cape Cod Chicken Salad w/craisins and pecans...I keep it around when possible to eat when I don't know what to eat, I just know I have to have something.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Indy

Indy can now change their title

Shrimp salad, I dream of thee...
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #14
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I usually get big bags of frozen chicken breasts, wings, shrimp, catfish fillets, pre-sliced pepperoni, shredded pepper jack, etc. etc. I might need to buy a bigger freezer.

I like their fresh meat counter too. I can usually get a good deal on a beef brisket or pork loin.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Aldi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I think I'll be going to Costco tomorrow. Anyone have any "not to be missed" suggestions for food items there?

Last time I got the Legal Seafoods clam chowder and it was great.
Randi, Mom and I really like food from Aldi and they have 22 stores in NJ, so you might try them. It's bagg'em yourself with $.25 shopping cart rental, but food and prices are great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aldi-logo.jpg (7.0 KB, 261 views)

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The meat and the cheeses are wonderful. I've got a thing for prime rib-eyes and Cabot cheeses. Their lamb chops are awesome.

They've got a great selection of prime rib-eyes. Ya can dig around and find one that's the perfect size, shape, and thickness: with great marbling for about $12/lb. The same cut from your local butcher would be $15-20/lb or more.

The veggies are great, but the quantities are too large. It's usually just me and the dog (who prefers the rib-eyes and the cheese ), except when the girl friend comes over, and that's too much waste.

- Jim
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #17
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The fresh pasta is amazing and the chicken corn chowder soup is my all time fav. I love strolling Costco and tasting everything. The cranberry nut trail mix is a yummy snack. The unbaked tortillas and havarti cheese.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

SVS, our local Costcos carry a tiramisu that is killer. It is a nice sized container for only ten bucks. It is super creamy. The best I have ever had. It is always in my cart when I check out.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have just gotten myself a Costco membership. The local food prices are rising and I need to save money.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
StormChaser68

StormChaser68 can now change their title

i call it the 200.00 or more a trip club...

things to look for:

the chinese pork dumplings (u can either just steam or steam then pan fry)
the cakes are very cheap and usually very good
the ready made pizzas in the back work well
used to get a instant potato soup (creek something was in the name)
go on fri or sat and hit up the sample stations...heh heh free lunch
StormChaser68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

While I've head of Costco from a few east coast friends, I didn't know there was one in my state until the other day. My question though, do they offer a day pass so that you can "try" them out before you purchase a membership? And is it like Sam's Club where you buy mostly in bulk?

TIA,

Becky
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Its basically the same as Sams, but I like Costco better.

They don't offer a day pass, but you can always use their pharmacy without a membership...just tell the person at the front who is checking cards that you're heading to the pharmacy. From there, you can wander around and check things out, nobody will bother you

I love getting meat at Costco, especially fish. After moving from the coast to the semi-midwest, fish prices blew way up, and Costco is the only place I can afford to get fresh fish. I can still get frozen fish at Trader Joes, but sometimes I want fresh. That and the Everybody's Nuts salt and pepper pistachios <3
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyknicky View Post
Its basically the same as Sams, but I like Costco better.

They don't offer a day pass, but you can always use their pharmacy without a membership...just tell the person at the front who is checking cards that you're heading to the pharmacy. From there, you can wander around and check things out, nobody will bother you

I love getting meat at Costco, especially fish. After moving from the coast to the semi-midwest, fish prices blew way up, and Costco is the only place I can afford to get fresh fish. I can still get frozen fish at Trader Joes, but sometimes I want fresh. That and the Everybody's Nuts salt and pepper pistachios <3
Thanks Knotty for the info. I really like your idea about the pharmacy, I think I may just do that. What is the worst they can do, make me leave?

I am looking at an alternative to Sam's because the one closest to me has gone to hell; stocking none of my favorite items anymore.

thanks again
Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #24
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

In addition to the Pharmacy you can go to the food court without a membership..they have a huge pepperoni pizza for under 10$ and where can you get a 1/4# hot dog and a refillable drink for about $1.89?

I love both Sam's and Costco but they have their little differences. I get better avocados and strawberries at Sam's but better meat, prepared foods and seafood at Costco. I just wish Costco was closer -60 miles vs Sam's 15 miles.