Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know I love my body O!

The only thing I would change would be the removal of some of the larger varicose veins in my calves from when i was pregnant with my sons. I confess I'm not always kind to my body (I need a mani/pedi so bad it really is not funny), but yes I love me some me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
This is a great thread Butch opened to discuss the mind/body disconnect:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=79856
Thanks for linking it, CP, and I tried to rep you, but the system wouldn't let me. I'm still working on the mind/body thing, along with a reminder to be more mindful in general, and it is giving me such a sense of well-being and confidence that it is worth the work.

As to Olwen's request, HELL YEAH I LIKE MY BODY! I like it even if it isn't what I imagine in my head, and I like it so much that it scares me to think of the time before, when I didn't like it so much.

Once in a while I see things that I don't much care for (the lines around my mouth are deep, and I think contribute to me looking meaner than I am), but I remind myself that they are all part of a wonderful unique package, and in the grand scheme of things, contribute nothing to my own well-being and happiness.

Self-shame, no matter the source, rarely does anything good for the individual in the long term. It is a shame, though, that we live in a culture that seems to thrive off of making many of us ashamed of something about ourselves that isn't shameful.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #28
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was very small and my dad told me if I didn't lose the weight before I was ten I would never find a man who would marry me, I still loved my body.

When I was in grade school and the nurse smugly announced my weight to the entire class and they all laughed, I still loved my body.

When I was a teenager and boys would follow me and make mooing sounds or throw food at me in the cafeteria, and nobody invited me to the prom, I still loved my body.

I didn't ever have a problem with my body. Other people did and that's their problem.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Love my big, fat, round body!!!! My skin frustrates me at times - oh for the flawless cocoa canvass of my youth LOL!

Last edited by Tau; 02-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #30
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
You know I love my body O!

The only thing I would change would be the removal of some of the larger varicose veins in my calves from when i was pregnant with my sons. I confess I'm not always kind to my body (I need a mani/pedi so bad it really is not funny), but yes I love me some me.

Oh yes, you do indeed. I could use some mani/pedi love myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
Thanks for linking it, CP, and I tried to rep you, but the system wouldn't let me. I'm still working on the mind/body thing, along with a reminder to be more mindful in general, and it is giving me such a sense of well-being and confidence that it is worth the work.

As to Olwen's request, HELL YEAH I LIKE MY BODY! I like it even if it isn't what I imagine in my head, and I like it so much that it scares me to think of the time before, when I didn't like it so much.

Once in a while I see things that I don't much care for (the lines around my mouth are deep, and I think contribute to me looking meaner than I am), but I remind myself that they are all part of a wonderful unique package, and in the grand scheme of things, contribute nothing to my own well-being and happiness.

Self-shame, no matter the source, rarely does anything good for the individual in the long term. It is a shame, though, that we live in a culture that seems to thrive off of making many of us ashamed of something about ourselves that isn't shameful.
I actually have a hard time imagining you looking mean. Tough, yes. Mean, no.

Quote:
When I was very small and my dad told me if I didn't lose the weight before I was ten I would never find a man who would marry me, I still loved my body.

When I was in grade school and the nurse smugly announced my weight to the entire class and they all laughed, I still loved my body.

When I was a teenager and boys would follow me and make mooing sounds or throw food at me in the cafeteria, and nobody invited me to the prom, I still loved my body.

I didn't ever have a problem with my body. Other people did and that's their problem.
This has been my experience too. That other people had such a problem with my body made me really angry, negative, sarcastic all the time. I'm older now and not as angry. It just seems odd to me and a bit shocking to find that kind of fat kid experience is kinda rare. The other fat girls I grew up with didn't really express shame about their bodies, but they felt it deeply. Was I so angry and indignant about other people's "concern" that I wasn't paying attention to their feelings about their own bodies? I'm also kind of shocked that I'm shocked. I'm not sure I'm explaining what I mean very well I don't think. I just don't like the idea that there aren't many fat teens and fat women who don't hate their bodies. That's all really. Glad to know there really are women who don't hate their bodies now and didn't when they were teens.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #31
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Overall yes I do :] I didn't use to, but my boyfriend made me realise that my body is beautiful. I guess it doesn't help that I live in a place filled with chavs and they have nothing better to do than blurt out nasty things.

Ah well :P
Deacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #32
Mikaila

Mikaila can now change their title

Quote:
I think it's abundantly clear that I don't suffer from low self-esteem. LOL

Casting I wish I had a tenth of your self esteem, your posts always make me smile and give me a little "pep talk". You're an amazing woman, as many of you on here are.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #33
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

I love my soft rounded belly..My granddaughter calls it her soft cushion,she has slept on it since she was a baby...

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #34
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Im smaller now that i've lost a lot of weight from where i was...(dont hate and be rude)...but i love that my hips are smaller..

down side...hate a. dont fit any of my clothes anymore.... and b. my breasts are much smaller...they used to rock lol

¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤

§~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~§
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

I absolutely love my body, and I especially love the belly the more the bigger it grows.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #36
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You know, if society wasn't such a dick, I wouldn't have any problem with my body.

I kind of like being all tits and ass and belly and blonde.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #37
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep

I used to hate my body when I was in school. I hated my size, my curly hair, my mole, and my chin. I was ridiculed a lot when I was younger. Got the whole cow thing (so cliche). Can't they come up with something more, well, original or do they all think the same?

Though, there was one donkey I went to school with decided to spray perfume on me one day on the bus to see if I would smell better. Ugh, seriously? Last period is gym. It is 92* outside and we had physicals. Running the track in the heat will make anyone sweat and smell. Straight from gym to the bus. It's not like I had time to shower when I was on the track when the bell rang. (Track was on the southside of the school. Bus ramp on the north).

But, I eventually learned to love every part of me. I began to not care what others thought and only to please myself. And it worked! I finally love myself. My dimpled chin is a wonderful thing that I share with my family. Alot of other family memebers have it, including my Dad. It's different. And my mole? Well, my sister has one also. I didn't know this until I had found her recently as we were seperated when we were young. My hair? Well, I still don't like the curls so I straighten it then I love it! lol .... As for my body/size ... Well, I finally love me for who I am. I like being a big girl. It makes me stand out from the sea of skinnys. I have this amazing outgoing personality, and I'm as loud as I am big. Now, I may want a few nip-n-tucks here and there but I don't want to change my weight at all. I am happy being me.* Oh, and it def helps when I have an absolutely amazing man who loves every bit of me.

*Correction: I LOVE ME! I have no shame in being myself anymore.
Piink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #38
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Awesome Piink. Glad to hear it.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #39
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i love my body. i like being soft and round.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #40
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

i love my body!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I kind of like being all tits and ass and belly and blonde.
What she said. Definitely. Except I'm a strawberry blonde.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #42
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm on the train of loving my body. Toot Toot!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #43
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in

I have really begun to love my body,for the last few years as I continue to gain and grow it has been a journey that has been nothing but positive.As like some others,I love the "girls"...and so does the hubby!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #44
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Case in point...

...my current Facebook Status:

"Verbal Diarrhea Diaries (on my complete lack of humility when I know I’m looking good): I’m sorry but a woman knows when an outfit is working for her. Even the most humble woman has to honestly acknowledge that she is, at worst, “pleasing to the eye”. And let’s face it, I’m far from humble. "
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #45
NurseVicki

NurseVicki can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNurseVicki can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
That there are soooo many women fat or no who hate their bodies and who aren't size positive depresses me. All the fat women I've grown up with either hide their bodies or have had WLS and it makes me feel like the lone weirdo to know I like my body and don't have low self esteem. So I just need to know other women feel the way I do, so if you like your body and don't have low self esteem shout it out!
I love my Body and I always have

Last edited by AnnMarie; 03-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
NurseVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #46
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like my body when it works well.

I like how it manages to deal with the synthetic thyroid hormone I give it every day, the same amount no matter what, rather than be able to fine tune its thyroid levels as it needs it based on what I'm doing that particular day.

I like how it's managed to stay strong despite gastric bypass, to allow me to eat some of the fun things I love to eat without making me sick, and allow my bones to continue to be strong, my skin continue to be healthy, my hair to continue to shine, and my immune system continue to work so well. I'll even go so far as to say that I like how our bodies continue to work as well as they do given the processed crappy, non-food we give them; rather than the beautiful, whole blessings we've been given to eat, we all too often expect our bodies to function on processed non-food, and yet our bodies do, fairly well, most of the time.

I like how my body knew how to grow not one, not two, but three beautiful, healthy, intelligent babies and birth them without intervention, without drama, without danger. It knew how to feed them, the composition of my milk based on what that particular baby needed at that time. It knew how to make just enough for each baby, making more as the babies grew in that beautiful supply and demand system our bodies have. And then it knew to stop making milk when they stopped nursing.

I like that my body knows how much insulin to make if I eat a Girl Scout cookie, or a salad; how much bile to make if I eat a french fry or a banana. I like how there are zillions of bacteria living in my belly that digest my food and release the nutrients into my bloodstream. I like how natural foods contain the enzymes necessary for our bodies to break them down. How smart is that?

Overall, it's a pretty awesome system.

These days, mine's taken some hits and not worked as perfectly as I'd like and I'm a little frustrated, but given the issues that some of my friends have -- I lost a friend last year to leukemia and will likely lose another to adrenal cancer this year -- I feel pretty blessed.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #47
olwen
Disco Bear

Sorry to hear about your friends Vickie. When thought about that way, then you're right. It's awesome that our bodies work as well as they do when they do.

I just hate to hear other women criticize themselves so harshly. This is just something I've really noticed enough for it to bother me. I've been talking to my therapist about it and she says that given all the stuff I've been thru in my life (like dealing with crappy parents, and then having to do most of the parenting to a baby while I was still a kid, working my way thru school, and being fat) it's not surprising to her that these sorts of worries haven't been foremost in my mind all these years. Now that my life is a bit more stable I'm just starting to notice the kinds of things other people go thru - like this body image stuff - and I'm just kinda shocked at the sheer number of women for whom this is enough of a problem to keep them from living productive lives....like, I've noticed it, but not enough to consider it. I just want to know that there are other women who don't let it get in the way of just living.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
badassdebate
On Timeout

badassdebate can now change their title

I am finding the more I gain and enjoy what my body does and can give me, the better I feel about myself ! I don't think it's strange to decide to not listen to the negativity and instead focus on your own personal beauty. Not every person is going to be attractive to everyone else, but at least you should see beauty in yourself....and that is the way it should be!! So to make myself enjoy this fat body even more, I am going to do a lot of

badassdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #49
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like my body Yes I do. I don't want to gain or lose any... I like myself just like I am.

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #50
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

I love myself and that includes my body. Are there things I would change? Yes. But I definitely do not suffer from any kind of shame or self-hatred due to my weight.