Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #226
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't have a hambone but turkey wings and legs are super cheap right now so I'm making a giant pot of gazillion bean soup with turkey in the slow cooker.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #227
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I don't have a hambone but turkey wings and legs are super cheap right now so I'm making a giant pot of gazillion bean soup with turkey in the slow cooker.
I'd rep you if I could. Yay for post-Christmas sales on food.

I found some beef tenderloin for just under $6 today that I'm planning to make for New Year's. There were 2 in the package and it's just me, so that's not a bad deal. We'll see if it's any good. I'll probably add a little wine to the cream sauce. Haven't made filet mignon yet, so it'll be a cooking adventure. IMO someone needs to write a book for cooking decent food for single people without having a gazillion leftovers. The problem with most recipes is you have to do the math so you don't have as many leftovers. When I do Julia Child recipes, I divide them at least by 2 so I only have a couple leftover containers and not a ton.

Last edited by EMH1701; 12-28-2013 at 02:46 PM.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #228
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I'm trying out a baked hamburger recipe from Taste of Home.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-hamburgers

Haven't been able to fry hamburgers in my apartment because my fire alarm is too sensitive and they won't allow us to just take the batteries out. If there is even a hint of smoke, it goes off. Doesn't matter if anything is actually burning. (They keep threatening to fine us during our annual fire alarm inspections if we dare to take out the batteries. Cause you know, heaven forbid we make any fried food.) So we will see if the recipe works. Up until now if I wanted a burger, I'd have to go out.

Substituted sour cream for milk because I was out of milk. We'll see how that goes.
my fire/smoke alarm detects the heat released if I leave the oven door open too long. Its hard-wired into the house so I make my son fan it with a magazine until it shuts off. -_-
Old 12-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #229
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sweet Italian sausage and homemade spaghetti sauce have just been put in the crock pot on low. By dinner tonight, it should be wonderfully delicious!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #230
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Tomorrow night, I'm going to attempt filet mignon for New Year's. I'm planning on doing a variation of this recipe: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Filet-M...osition=1%2F14

Don't have adobe peppers, but I do have some dried peppers that would work great. I made shrimp the past couple of years and want to do something that's not seafood.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #231
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

More ginger snaps.. father in law is visiting tomorrow and he's a cookie hound.. ginger snaps are his favorite.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #232
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I soaked some pintos overnight, and now have them in a pot with a ham bone from Christmas Dinner with a chopped onion, gahlic, cumin, and a couple bay leaves.

I'm not sure if I'm going to bean soup it all.. or if I'm going to refry some.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #233
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I soaked some pintos overnight, and now have them in a pot with a ham bone from Christmas Dinner with a chopped onion, gahlic, cumin, and a couple bay leaves.

Mmmmmm bean soup and cornbread!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #234
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I just finished making homemade egg "Mcmuffins" for the week...
Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #235
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just made a delivery order from Pizza Hut.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #236
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

I love homemade beans. Makes me want to break out my pressure cooker!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #237
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep

Whipping up a couple of batches of fudge, and then I'll be doing another run of star-apple jelly.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #238
EMH1701

The filet mignon turned out good. Searing is a great way to do it. I seared for two minutes on both sides before roasting, & covered the frying pan so the smoke alarm would not go off.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #239
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Coffee.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #240
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Grilled cheese for my son
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #241
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just put some homemade fudgy brownies in the oven and am cooking chicken gyoza (Japanese pot stickers) and Jasmine rice for lunch

Last edited by fat9276; 01-23-2014 at 10:15 AM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #242
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had a liitle bit of leftover pie crust, so I made a little chicken pot pie for lunch. I just finished baking a half batch of pecan, milk chocolate chip cookies and got a text invitation from a friend to go out to dinner. It is a good Saturday!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #243
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Shrimp tacos for lunch
Old 02-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #244
EMH1701

I'm making banana bread since I had some bananas to use up. It's a recipe using cake mix. I'm out of flour.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #245
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

It's a day in the kitchen for me. So far I've made pork stock and an artichoke and lemon spread to go with olive bread. I'm caramelizing onions in a bit of cranberry liquor my cousin made. They'll get mixed with farro, cooked in the pork stock with juniper and sage, and leftover baby back ribs I striped the meat off last night. I may add some apple and parsley. I'm not sure. It's an experiment, but I think it will work. I'm steaming green beans to go with it. Dinner is parchment baked salmon with a quinoa, tomato, cucumber and feta salad. If I have time, after all that (whew!), I'm making spanakopita to replace my stash in the freezer. If I'm lucky I may finally make honey and lavender ice cream, but I think that may be too optimistic.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #246
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Making Puerto Rican food.

Pavochon - A turkey (pavo) seasoned in a way to emulate roasting a pig (Lechón)
Arroz con gandules - Rice with pigeon peas
Coquito - Spiced coconut egg nog with rum
Ensalada de aguacate - Avocado salad. It's simple today. Avocado, tomatoes, sliced mangoes, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and a little hot sauce.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 05-24-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #247
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Making Puerto Rican food.

Pavochon - A turkey (pavo) seasoned in a way to emulate roasting a pig (Lechón)
Arroz con gandules - Rice with pigeon peas
Coquito - Spiced coconut egg nog with rum
Ensalada de aguacate - Avocado salad. It's simple today. Avocado, tomatoes, sliced mangoes, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and a little hot sauce.
All of that sounds delicious! Except, perhaps, the egg nog thingy.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #248
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Strawberry shortcake with strawberries from the garden
Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #249
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just made æbleskiver for the first time. They're a traditional Danish food and my mom used to make them every year around Christmas. I watched her make them for years but never was actually taught. So I borrowed her pan and her recipe and tried them out today because the kids I work with are having a cultural food event this evening. They came out great and when I have kids they are definitely getting a lesson on making æblerskiver.

Last edited by lille; 06-13-2014 at 08:18 AM.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #250
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Today I made ham, beans, and potatoes in the crock pot. It turned our so yummy!