Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #251
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chicken salad for lunch tomorrow and coleslaw to go with fish tacos tomorrow night.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #252
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Steak enchiladas for dinner
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #253
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think I'm making an almond cake later.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #254
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I will be making oatmeal cookies this week for our dept. picnic on Friday.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #255
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

pulled a bunch of sweet onions from the garden and a couple of tomatoes. think tomorrow i am going to make grilled cheese with sautee onion sandwiches. yum!
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #256
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Blueberry frozen yogurt
Old 07-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #257
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

turtle ice cream (vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl and chocolate covered pecan bits)
Old 07-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #258
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
turtle ice cream (vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl and chocolate covered pecan bits)
Yum!

I'm making chimichurri sauce.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #259
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Blueberry breakfast crisp, to go with Greek yogurt
Old 07-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #260
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Vegan split pea soup (yes it's 85 degrees and I"m making soup) and vegan chocolate pudding. So yummy.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #261
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am making breaded pork chops (okay, they were technically labelled steaks) in the oven for lunch. Used Joy of Cooking for the temperature and cooking time. Not something I usually make, but lately, pork meat has been a lot less expensive than beef. I have some wild rice to eat on the side, and some veggies also.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #262
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

contemplating cold Vietnamese noodles
Old 08-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #263
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i made box mix brownies. my hub loves cheesecake, so thought i would try to make a cheesecake icing. the last time i made any sort of cream cheese icing i just used 10x sugar, cream cheese, a pinch of salt and milk.

i googled cream cheese icing to see if i could find a new type to make, but noticed most of the recipes out there still called for butter in cream cheese icing. i was always under the impression that the cream cheese acted as the fat in the icing and butter was not required.

i found a recipe i liked that included the butter, cheese, salt, vanilla and a splash of lemon juice. turned out delish. smooth and creamy with a nice balance to the cream cheese and not super sweet 10x sugary.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #264
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i made box mix brownies. my hub loves cheesecake, so thought i would try to make a cheesecake icing. the last time i made any sort of cream cheese icing i just used 10x sugar, cream cheese, a pinch of salt and milk.

i googled cream cheese icing to see if i could find a new type to make, but noticed most of the recipes out there still called for butter in cream cheese icing. i was always under the impression that the cream cheese acted as the fat in the icing and butter was not required.

i found a recipe i liked that included the butter, cheese, salt, vanilla and a splash of lemon juice. turned out delish. smooth and creamy with a nice balance to the cream cheese and not super sweet 10x sugary.
Was this a cooked recipe? PostRecipePlsThx!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #265
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (that is 1/2 a stick)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 lb. powdered sugar (about 4 cups), sifted

BEAT cream cheese, butter, lemon and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.

ADD sugar gradually, beating until well blended after each addition.

The recipe called for 1 pound. I put in about 3/4 of that and just added a bit until I found the consistency I liked. Also, I used salted butter. If you only have unsalted, then throw in a pinch of salt.

Good luck!

Last edited by luvmybhm; 08-28-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: salt comment
Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #266
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

i made some cold tuna noodle salad for lunch tomorrow. little shell noodles, miracle whip, boiled eggs, onion, green pepper, salt, black pepper and tuna. it a nice light lunch. will have with some fruit.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:22 AM   #267
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

This weekend I make up my batch of rum balls for Christmas.

The longer they sit to "mellow" the better they taste. I've found that if I make them Thanksgiving weekend, and let them sit in a tightly sealed container in the fridge until Christmas, they are about as perfect as they can get.

I use the old Bacardi rum ball recipe, except sometimes I use spiced rum if I have it. This year I do, so I will.

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/de...rum-balls.html

And I always double it because I have a couple people who LOVE them and specifically ask for them. I make sure each of them get a box all to themselves.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #268
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Baklava. trader Joe's has a Turkish honey "produced by bees foraging nectar from primarily rock rose, citrus, wildflowers and Turkish pine" that I'm trying for the first time.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #269
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Considering a key lime pie.. Hmm.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #270
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Making that key lime.. no I didn't have any key limes.. I had to use the limes we get from Mexico.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #271
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lunch was chicken lunch meat, Swiss cheese slices, and a Pepsi max.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #272
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I'm not a big fan of the pepsi max taste. But the huge amount of caffeine in Max is enough justification to have it anyway.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #273
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

I'm about to make stir fried pea pods, carrots, red and green pepper, baby corn, onion, broccoli and mushrooms with cumin and lime shrimp for lunches this week. I've never done the cumin and lime shrimp before, but it should be good.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #274
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We are having our holiday party on Thursday. tomorrow, I'm making Neiman Marcus Dip, individual cheese balls, fiesta bean dip and spinach/artichoke dip. I also need to wrap 20 presents and work on ornaments. I'm already stressed.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #275
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Lunches for work: tri-colored quinoa dressed with olive oil, balsamic and mint with ground lamb, garlic, sauteed spinach and a Greek seasoning blend. Also, a sweet red pepper and an opal apple, both sliced, naked and raw.