Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #276
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chocolate biscotti. I've never made them before so I hope they turn out ok.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #277
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

They came out delicious. Now on to non human food. I made treats for my pup and the extras will go to my dad's gf's dogs and I made some treats from my cat too. Animals need Christmas presents too.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #278
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am planning on doing a baked sole mornay for New Year's (or meurneire, however you want to spell it). Mornay is the Americanized version of the French word. I will have to use flounder, as true sole is nigh impossible to get in Minnesota unless one wants to break the bank and pay for lots of shipping and handling.

http://cheese.food.com/recipe/sole-m...se-sauce-21999
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #279
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I am planning on doing a baked sole mornay for New Year's (or meurneire, however you want to spell it). Mornay is the Americanized version of the French word. I will have to use flounder, as true sole is nigh impossible to get in Minnesota unless one wants to break the bank and pay for lots of shipping and handling.

http://cheese.food.com/recipe/sole-m...se-sauce-21999
Oh.. I'm going to need this soon. Probably with flounder too.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #280
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i had some left over cream cheese in the fridge so i made a pineapple cream kinda pie. it was really easy and turned out delish.

cream together:
5oz of cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners (10x) sugar.

mix in:
1 regular sized cool whip.
1 can of crushed pineapple that has been drained.

throw it in either a baked pre-fab pie crust (which i used) or a graham cracker crust.

light, fluffy and sweet...was a nice alternative to cheesecake.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #281
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am making chicken liver pate' tonight. Recipe of my own invention, but inspired by some research.

1 container chicken livers
1 tsp. minced garlic
One apple, chopped
Little bit of white wine
Pinch each of rosemary, sage, and orange peel
1 tsp. chicken schwarma seasoning (or just chicken seasoning)
A few juniper berries
Pinch of white pepper
Pinch of sea salt
Couple tbsp. of creme fraiche

Saute' all in frying pan until chicken livers are fully cooked. Then add to a food processor and pulse until blended. Serve with crackers.

I am debating the New Year's menu but do have my flounder, cheese, and butter. I got a waffle maker for Christmas and might just make waffles and bacon. For sure, I will at least have that on New Year's Day. I hope it doesn't smoke. :/ It's non-stick.

Last edited by EMH1701; 12-30-2014 at 05:24 PM.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #282
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

A recipe I improvised based on the marinated slaw at Zoe's Kitchen.

1 bag of coleslaw mix (finely shredded cabbage and carrot) or 8 cups shredded cabbage.

1 large English cucumber, sliced into long shreds, including peel but not seeds.

1 cup crumbled feta cheese.

3 green onions/scallions, sliced thin, both green and white parts.

Greek vinaigrette dressing of your choosing to taste, I use about a half cup.

Toss it all together and let it marinate for at least an hour before serving. Good for a side, and with the feta, it can be a light vegetarian lunch entree. Maybe with a toasted pita and some hummus? Yum!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #283
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just made hashbrowns, "chicken" tenders, & toast for the hubs and me. I love his days off ^_^
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #284
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
A recipe I improvised based on the marinated slaw at Zoe's Kitchen.

1 bag of coleslaw mix (finely shredded cabbage and carrot) or 8 cups shredded cabbage.

1 large English cucumber, sliced into long shreds, including peel but not seeds.

1 cup crumbled feta cheese.

3 green onions/scallions, sliced thin, both green and white parts.

Greek vinaigrette dressing of your choosing to taste, I use about a half cup.

Toss it all together and let it marinate for at least an hour before serving. Good for a side, and with the feta, it can be a light vegetarian lunch entree. Maybe with a toasted pita and some hummus? Yum!
Wow... this sounds like a keeper... I'm doing it!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #285
lille

Brown Sugar Cookies because I realized I need to bring something to lunch tomorrow, said I'd bake, then realized I had no white sugar.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #286
BigCutieLily
Bunz

BigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yumm these post are making me hungry
Im getting ready to make some coffee with heavy cream and sugar.
BigCutieLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #287
BigCutieLily
Bunz

BigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBigCutieLily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ham and turkey sandwich with lots of spinach and cheddar sun chips on the side.
BigCutieLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #288
lille

Made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for my boyfriend.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #289
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieLily View Post
Yumm these post are making me hungry
Definitely!

I made cobbler with blackberries from my backyard. The blackberry part was wonderful, but I was a little disappointed in the cobbler dough. The taste/texture turned out to be rather biscuit-like. If anyone has a better recipe, I'd love to hear it!

MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #290
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Sandwiches. Prosciutto crudo and cheese.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #291
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Blackberry breakfast crisp
Old 06-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #292
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I made Leek and Sweet Potato soup with chunky ham bits
Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #293
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Definitely!

I made cobbler with blackberries from my backyard. The blackberry part was wonderful, but I was a little disappointed in the cobbler dough. The taste/texture turned out to be rather biscuit-like. If anyone has a better recipe, I'd love to hear it!

first, this looks delish. i looked in my old betty crocker cookbook and they seem to use a biscuit type topping as well. i have had cobbler here in charlotte but that was not the type of topping i remember. i checked my southern living cookbook. it says to use the recipe for double pie crust. this seems to be more of what i remember also. you may want to try one of the cooking sites for southern style cobbler and work from there.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #294
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
Blackberry breakfast crisp
i have had apple crisp as a dessert, but never a fruited breakfast crisp...what is the difference? it is more oatmeal in the topping? less sugar?

please let me know. i am always looking for interesting breakfast stuff.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #295
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
first, this looks delish. i looked in my old betty crocker cookbook and they seem to use a biscuit type topping as well. i have had cobbler here in charlotte but that was not the type of topping i remember. i checked my southern living cookbook. it says to use the recipe for double pie crust. this seems to be more of what i remember also. you may want to try one of the cooking sites for southern style cobbler and work from there.
Thanks for the tip about the pie crust--that sounds a lot more like what I had in mind.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #296
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i have had apple crisp as a dessert, but never a fruited breakfast crisp...what is the difference? it is more oatmeal in the topping? less sugar?

please let me know. i am always looking for interesting breakfast stuff.
Yes, exactly that. Plus nuts. You might try looking at the Smitten Kitchen's recipe for breakfast apricot crisp as a baseline. I'd give you a link to it, but I'm using my phone. I've varied it lots of ways and never measure anything. I always use berries, and it's great with Greek yogurt.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #297
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Today's culinary creations were salmon, potato salad, green beans and bean and bacon soup with kale.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #298
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Today being the end of July Fourth weekend, and home with my wife, I took advantage of a sale at the Big Y supermarket and bought 1.6 lb lobsters at $5.99/lb! Boiled those babies up in salted water, served em with garlic bread, and sauteed squash, tomatoes and onions with peppers and garlic. Had some fresh lemonade with it. And frozen coconut bars with chocolate. In New England, lobster on July 4 is a tradition for many. I just love lobster any time.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #299
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

have a ton of peaches off the tree in the yard. made my first peach pie today. they were messy to peel, but it smells delish. i made it to take to my in laws tomorrow, so hopefully it will taste as good as it smells. the stuff that oozed out the one corner of the crust where it was not crimped well tastes like peach caramel with cinnamon undertone. this should be good!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #300
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

made a peach crisp with the peaches from our tree. super intense peach flavor. was delish!

Attachment 120973