Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #76
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep

Lemon drizzle cake is sitting in the oven
Old 11-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #77
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just in time for the holidays.....cinnamon cheesecake with a gingersnap crust and.....pumpkin pie frosting. As in, actual pumpkin pie. I am so happy right now.

Found the recipe here:

http://gimmesomeoven.com/cinnamon-mi...-pie-frosting/
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #78
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A pork roast with garlic and sage, beets and my great grandmother's recipe for carrots supreme.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #79
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm going to make these today. Minus the nuts (not a fan of them in any baking really)

They're a huge favorite of mine and always go over well when I bring them to an event.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #80
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Making Scotch eggs..I took out the yolk and replaced it with pepper jack cheese..I hope they turn out ok!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #81
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm making Sesame Chicken and rice.

My favorite dinner and pure comfort food on this cold, November night.

My apartment smells AMAZING.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #82
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just made a couple of pumpkin pies, and have some custard tarts with a sugar cookie-like shell filled and chilling. Still have rolls to start for tomorrow, and dinner tonight's just some quick, easy rosemary parmesan breaded chicken.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #83
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Apple-cinnamon kolaches, a Thanksgiving request from a friend of my inlaws.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #84
Surlysomething

Butter Tart Square
Old 11-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #85
Surlysomething

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Butter Tart Square

Ok, i've consumed half of them tonight. Good thing it was a small pan.

Haha

Emotional eating for the win!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #86
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

spicy carrot, ginger and coriander soup
Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #87
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fried chicken, fried rice. Leftover saffron rice, fried in olive oil with an egg, frozen peas and a handful of chopped carrots only had dried onions, my fried chicken is leftover but I baked it to keep it crisp and tossed it in a light ginger and brown sugar sauce. It's like an American-Chinese take-out dish made in fifteen minutes to force myself to eat something so I can take my steroids.

The chicken is looking amazing and sticky, the rice looks like something from the food court at the mall. meh
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #88
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

so far today I've made cherry mash bars, chocolate/coconut/cherry bark, pecan, chocolate and pecan/chocolate/coconut cookie bars and I have Andes dough chilling in the fridge.

I also bought 4 pies to take for dinner tomorrow.

Rice a roni will be dinner..LOL
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #89
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sugar cookies are last on my "make" list of cookies. i also need to make spinach dip and cheese ball for tomorrow. And not food related but i have a TON of wrapping to do after the kids go to bed... Oh and i forgot the beans! I need to make some fresh pintos tonight for tomorrows dinner. (we're doing enchiladas)
Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #90
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Prepping Christmas dinner. It's my first time making one and... Everything except for the Arroz con gandules. The last time I made that was when I was 17.

So Puerto Rican Christmas dinner for my two roommates and I:
Pernil
Cornish hens wrapped in bacon seasoned with cilantro, garlic, adobo and mojo
Arroz con gandules
Stuffing (Cornbread, sage, cilantro, smoked sausage, celery, onions, apples and a little adobo)
Cabbage salad
Passionfruit to drink

I made way too much cornbread, so I'm going to make a ghetto cake and reduce some coquito to use as icing. lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #91
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Prepping Christmas dinner. It's my first time making one and... Everything except for the Arroz con gandules. The last time I made that was when I was 17.

So Puerto Rican Christmas dinner for my two roommates and I:
Pernil
Cornish hens wrapped in bacon seasoned with cilantro, garlic, adobo and mojo
Arroz con gandules
Stuffing (Cornbread, sage, cilantro, smoked sausage, celery, onions, apples and a little adobo)
Cabbage salad
Passionfruit to drink

I made way too much cornbread, so I'm going to make a ghetto cake and reduce some coquito to use as icing. lol
Can you post the recipe for the cornish hens? That sounds delicious!

I'm making myself a treat of French Onion Soup for Christmas Eve dinner. With crusty french bread and mozzarella & swiss cheese melted on top.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #92
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm making baklava. One batch down; one to go.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #93
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post

I'm making myself a treat of French Onion Soup for Christmas Eve dinner. With crusty french bread and mozzarella & swiss cheese melted on top.

I will post it after it has been tested. I just prepped them today, and I'm letting them sit overnight in the fridge along with the pernil.

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 12-24-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #94
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

I cooked a turkey,made cornbread dressing..Tomorrow I am cooking pashofa (Native American cracked white corn cooked with pork) and a pan of pork neckbones..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #95
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm about to pop a spiral cut ham in the crockpot and braise it in some Coca Cola. Hubby and I are going to help a local group feed the homeless later today we're bringing one of the 5 or so hams we'll need to feed the expected 120 or so people. With my sleep/wake cycle of going to bed at dawn, I figured a crockpot was the easiest way to have it hot and ready to go when we leave in the early afternoon to go to the serve. I'd be jealous I'm not getting any but my Mom did serve a similiar ham for Christmas Eve dinner earlier tonight.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #96
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post

Ok. The hens turned out great

Cornish hens
3 cups mojo (1 per hen) (Latin food aisle, or you can google the recipe)
3 tablespoons of chopped garlic (1 per hen)
3 tsp salt or to taste (1 per hen)
pepper to taste
Sage to taste
3 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning (1 per hen) (Can also be found in Latin Aisle; It's salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and turmeric mainly though)
2 cubes of cilantro per hen (One inside, and one outside) - The grocery store had little cubes of cilantro. Each cube is about two teaspoons of cilantro if you would like to use fresh cut cilantro. So one teaspoon inside, and one out.
Six strips of bacon (Three per hen)
Olive oil

1.Clean and remove any parts you do not want (Gizzard, giblets, heart, and so on)
2. Season inside with salt, pepper, garlic, and some of the mojo. I used about a teaspoon of mojo on the inside.
3. Season outside with adobo, sage, and baste with mojo.
4. (Optional) Let sit for one night.
5. Prior to cooking, baste hens and baste bacon with olive oil. Season bacon with adobo.
6. Bake for one hour and fifteen minutes at 375 or to your preferred level. I put them at 350 degrees for about two hours.

(One of my roommates doesn't like pork, so that is why one has no bacon on it)

Old 12-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #97
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Thinking of making vanilla/coconut shrimp for New Year's. The recipe is in Joy of Cooking, and I thought it sounded good.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #98
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Jalapeno burgers and sweet potato fries.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #99
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

cubed pork steak sandwich (I breaded and fried the pork and am adding lots of roma tomatoes and romaine lettuce... whole wheat bread)
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #100
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ham and Beans (with the left over Christmas ham) and Cornbread