Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #176
Dansinfool
Are we their yet!

Dansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm making 2 chicken breasts covered with Mayonnaise and shredded Parmesan cheese and then a layer of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Into the oven to bake. Sides will be Kale w/ garlic and oil salt n pepper to season and a sweet potato.....
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #177
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm going to make ratatouille. I'm giving a speech in Toastmasters on how to make it, and I need to take food pics.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #178
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just started up a batch of spicy beef jerky in the dehydrator. I will be counting down the hours!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #179
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Did a Toastmaster's speech on ratatouille making this week, so now I have a lot of veggie leftovers plus the leftovers from my earlier practice.

I think I'm going to make a big pot of chili with them tomorrow.

BTW: Here is the ratatouille recipe. It's a combination of Julia Child and Joy of Cooking. I don't de-seed things because it takes too long, but you can if you want to.

You will need:

Olive oil
1 medium eggplant, cut up into chunks – peeling is optional. Cut lengthwise in half and then the halves lengthwise again, and then chop.
2 or 3 zucchini, also cut into 1 inch chunks – peeling is optional
1 onion, diced
2 bell peppers, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt & black pepper to taste
1 ˝ cups diced tomatoes
2-3 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
Basil to taste (I usually use a couple of pinches)
˝ cup black olives, sliced or chopped
Optional: Splash of red wine

Frying pan
Medium-size sauce pan or another frying pan
Two plates for organizing layers
Oven-safe casserole dish

Directions: After cutting up vegetables, organize into layers. You want one layer of eggplant and zucchini and the alternating layer of tomatoes, olives, onions, garlic, and seasonings.

Lightly brown the eggplant in cooking oil in frying pan on both sides. Set the eggplant aside on a plate when it is done browning.

Do the same thing with the chunks of zucchini. Lightly brown on both sides, and then set it aside on the other plate.

In sauce pan or other frying pan, combine the tomatoes, olives onions, garlic, and seasonings. If you want to, add a splash of red wine. This will help to boost the flavor, and the alcohol does eventually cook off. Sauté for about 10 minutes on medium-low heat.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees while the tomato layer is cooking.

Use the extra time to arrange your first layer of eggplant and zucchini in the casserole dish. When the time is up, spoon the tomato layer over it. Then add the rest of the eggplant and zucchini. Top with the remaining tomatoes.

Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors mingle – or alternatively, you can make it in a crock pot. Add the layers straight into it and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Ratatouille goes well served over rice or couscous. You can also use it with pasta.

Last edited by EMH1701; 10-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #180
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Getting ready to make a homemade chocolate cake with homemade fudge frosting...Yummy!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #181
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Getting ready to make a homemade chocolate cake with homemade fudge frosting...Yummy!
Oh... there's that Devil's Food craving again...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #182
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Oh... there's that Devil's Food craving again...
I know...sigh...I can't help myself.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #183
Oona
¬.¬

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Roast just went in the slow cooker for tomorrow night's dinner!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1377425_641685589198738_524645178_n.jpg (82.6 KB, 184 views)
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #184
pepsicola93

pepsicola93 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespepsicola93 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespepsicola93 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I finally had time to bake something today, so I made black cat cookies:
pepsicola93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #185
EMH1701

I'm hungry for apple pie, and I have a bunch of apples that need to get used up, and a pie crust. So that sounds good.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #186
EMH1701

Wound up making apple crisp instead. The store-bought pie crisp fell apart. Still smells good.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #187
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm hoping my trip into town today will be fruitful for some of the orange creme Oreos so i can make this: http://www.hungryhappenings.com/2013...and-cream.html
This blog is SOOO awesome! You gotta check it out
Old 10-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #188
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had some of the best onion rings ever while I was waiting for my truck to complete emissions testing (it passed). The batter had a sweetness to it that I couldn't quite identify but it made me wonder what a beer-battered shredded coconut-crusted onion ring would be like.

(i'm already considering coconut shrimp, but what else can I deep fry while I have hot oil...)
Old 10-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #189
EMH1701

I am making honey/orange/pecan chicken for lunch with wild rice on the side. No marmalade, but fresh oranges.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #190
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A man eating onion rings while getting his truck tested......*le sigh* lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I had some of the best onion rings ever while I was waiting for my truck to complete emissions testing (it passed). The batter had a sweetness to it that I couldn't quite identify but it made me wonder what a beer-battered shredded coconut-crusted onion ring would be like.

(i'm already considering coconut shrimp, but what else can I deep fry while I have hot oil...)
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #191
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chicken Quesdilla
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #192
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchingIA19 View Post
Chicken Quesdilla
What do you put into a chicken quesadilla besides chicken?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #193
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I personally make this sauce:

You need: mayo, bottled/jarred jalepenos, sugar, paprika, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt
  • 1/4 mayo
  • 2 tsp (or more ) of minced jalepeno from your favorite bottle of jalepenos
  • 2 tsp (or more ) of jalepeno "juice" from the jalepeno bottle
  • 1/3-3/4 tsp sugar (I don't care for it to be too sweet, 3/4 tsp is what the recipe calls for)
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of salt

Mix together the dry ingredients and prepare minced jalepenos beforehand. Add dry and wet ingredients together and place in fridge for at least 30 mins to get the full flavor.

To make quesadillas (with or without prepared meat), you slather the sauce on a tortilla...add cheese, veg, meat, etc...fold in half...and fry in coconut oil!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #194
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Ehh... Jalapenoes. My mother had like ten pounds of chicken, so I'm trying to be creative about the chicken.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #195
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsicola93 View Post
I finally had time to bake something today, so I made black cat cookies:
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #196
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've got some chicken stock cooking away in the crock pot tonight, and some fresh dill in the dehydrator. It smells freaking awesome in my house right now!

Tracy
Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #197
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not making now but plan on it tomorrow: fruit crisp, pumpkin spice cupcakes and sugar free yellow cupcakes for the hubs. I have a hankering for sweets and baking.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #198
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Corned beef hash from a can mmmmmmmmmm. Probably an egg too. Its my day off and i actually have time to make a decent breakfast!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #199
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Tomorrow I'm making PA Dutch shepherd's pie and my little guys wants chocolate cupcakes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #200
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I wound up making chocolate chip banana bread and fruit crisp. Both turned out SOOO good!