Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #201
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Brussel Sprout and Quinoa casserole, recipe courtesy of Thug Kitchen.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #202
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I made my own hummus, loosely based off a cookbook recipe, but I had to substitute a few things. Turned out pretty decent.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #203
Victoria08

Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Attempting to make Wiltshire pasties (kind of like a Cornish pasty, but much better). I promised the girls at work that I'd make them for our Christmas potluck dinner tonight.
Victoria08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #204
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just finished making two loaves of fresh bread. Now onto the chicken broccoli cheese soup!
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #205
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Christmas cookies! YAY!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #206
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Cornbread

First of all you need a cast iron skillet. Nothing else will give you a proper crust.

2 eggs
tsp salt
2 cups milk
3 Tbsp sugar
3 or more Tbsp flour
Yellow cornmeal
2 heaping tsp baking powder

Preheat your oven to about 400 F.

Beat the eggs well, add salt, milk and sugar. Beat in flour and baking powder with enough corn meal to form a rather thick batter (~2 cups). You can vary the ratio of flour to cornmeal as you please.

Pour several Tbsp of fat (preferably bacon grease) into the skillet and heat it on top of the stove until it begins to smoke. Roll it around until it coats the sides of the skillet, and then add the batter.

Bake it for about 30 minutes.

It's a good idea to hang a towel over the handle of the skillet when it comes out of the oven to remind you not to grab it. Grabbing it REALLY sucks.

Jesus Christ! It's after midnight here and I'm starving (and on a diet).
Old 12-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #207
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

http://www.twincities.com/restaurant...sy-and-healthy

I'm going to make sugarplums next week for a potluck. Not sure which recipe I will make yet.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #208
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
http://www.twincities.com/restaurant...sy-and-healthy

I'm going to make sugarplums next week for a potluck. Not sure which recipe I will make yet.
Never had them...or have even seen them in person, lol! Anxious to hear how they turn out!

As for me, I am spending the day baking Christmas cookies with some friends. Yay for cookies!
Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #209
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'll be baking sugar cookies today. I'm going to make a sugar cookie house too with a cutter kit i got a couple years ago from a fellow dimmer
Old 12-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #210
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oona View Post
Brussel Sprout and Quinoa casserole, recipe courtesy of Thug Kitchen.
i have just checked thea thug kitchen and it is awesome :-)
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #211
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was going to make that saltine cracker version of toffee.. but I have no butter. *sob*
Old 12-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #212
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

today, two versions of chocolate chip cookies.. one with white flour and one with whole wheat. I am kind of hoping the whole wheat will be good.. sort of health the cookies up a little.
I may roll out and cut the sugar cookies out too.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #213
instantkarma
we all shine on

instantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Eggnog cake with vanilla icing. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
instantkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #214
EMH1701

Default Sugarplums

http://www.twincities.com/restaurant...twincities.com

I'm making some of these for a potluck tomorrow. We'll see how they turn out.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #215
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I made nearly 50 chocolate chip cookies on Monday but there are maybe 10 left. (I've only eaten 3) So tonight, i'm making a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #216
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Whiskey cookies. They're going to be a Christmas present.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #217
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

tonight, after housework is done, i'm going to make ginger snaps. These cookies are for me. I love home made ginger snaps.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #218
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
tonight, after housework is done, i'm going to make ginger snaps. These cookies are for me. I love home made ginger snaps.
PostRecipePlzThx
Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #219
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I horked this online at some point. I used ground chia seeds and water to replace the egg and i realized i didn't have ginger so i used pumpkin spice and they turned out sooo yummy!

3/4 cup unsalted butter or vegetable shortening, room temperature
1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses (regular or un-sulphured)*
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon**
1 teaspoon ground ginger**
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves**
1/4 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar (for rolling cookies in)

* Lightly grease or spray (non-stick cooking spray) your measuring cup before adding the molasses. This prevents the molasses from sticking to the cup.

** Check your ground spices (cinnamon, ginger, and cloves) to determine if they are still fresh, as stale spices will make your gingersnaps flat tasting.

Preparation:

In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, egg, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt; stir or beat until well blended. Cover the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray your cookie sheets.

Place some granulated sugar in a bowl large enough to roll the cookie dough balls.

Using your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Then roll the balls of dough into the granulated sugar, coating them thoroughly.

Place balls, 3 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown (cookies will puff slightly and then collapse slightly, and tops will be covered with little cracks). Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.

Yields 3 dozen cookies.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #220
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

I just made "baked potato dip" to use on my baked potato for dinner. It's quite tasty, although I think it will taste much better once it sits overnight.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Potato-Dip-II/
Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #221
EMH1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Never had them...or have even seen them in person, lol! Anxious to hear how they turn out!

As for me, I am spending the day baking Christmas cookies with some friends. Yay for cookies!
They turned out pretty good. I made the ones with the orange marmalade, but I used dates instead of figs.

Tonight I baked brownies for Christmas.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #222
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Up early to make come cheesy potatoes for Eve Brunch. Only.. its not really early, so I better hurry.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #223
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I'm going to try and make a coffee cake for breakfast tomorrow. That way i don't have to do anything until it's time to make lasagna for the main day meal.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #224
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep

Making a squash casserole, potato salad and deviled eggs for tomorrow's dinner. Trying to premake a few things, so I don't have as much to do tomorrow and can relax a bit.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #225
EMH1701

I'm trying out a baked hamburger recipe from Taste of Home.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-hamburgers

Haven't been able to fry hamburgers in my apartment because my fire alarm is too sensitive and they won't allow us to just take the batteries out. If there is even a hint of smoke, it goes off. Doesn't matter if anything is actually burning. (They keep threatening to fine us during our annual fire alarm inspections if we dare to take out the batteries. Cause you know, heaven forbid we make any fried food.) So we will see if the recipe works. Up until now if I wanted a burger, I'd have to go out.

Substituted sour cream for milk because I was out of milk. We'll see how that goes.

Last edited by EMH1701; 12-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.