Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #26
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
They're giving Wally a run for the money, here, in Lebanon, Tn., by pricing eggs below $.50 a dozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
They beat WalMart food prices in almost every category.

thanks guys! i always wondered because everyone i talked to that has shopped at Aldi always says "it's better then Wal-Mart" so i always wondered.LOL and i do hear there prices are low and the aisles are like shorter and more convient then Wal-Mart.lol
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #27
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

We have an Aldis right here in town and I've got to say I have scored some great bargains there..like Butterball turkeys for approx. 50 cents per pound. I'm going shopping today so Aldis sounds like a good place to start. Oh, and xmas they have soft ginger bread cookies that are to die for..
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #28
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Real Purchasing Power

Aldi's "Phaser" batteries, at $1.99 per 8-pack, are real purchasing power against the national brands and seem to last just as long, at a fraction of their price!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aldi AA's and AAA's.jpg (81.8 KB, 320 views)

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Aldi's "Phaser" batteries, at $1.99 per 8-pack, are real purchasing power against the national brands and seem to last just as long, at a fraction of their price!
AWESOME! im a man that can NEVER EVER have to many batteries.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rob and I went today and we got a large basket of groceries for $79. I was going to take a pic of everything..but we had to put it up quickly.

I'm excited that they showed a circular and they are supposed to have the stuffed clams next week. I hope that they do!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #31
Dromond
Oil can

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If they show it in the flier, they'll have it in the store - for as long as supplies last.
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #32
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Had the mushroom risotto last night, a special item from their Italian food celebration last month. Very, very tasty... I wish I bought more than two boxes.

They still had a few items leftover last week, so I'll be seeing if I can scrounge up a box or two next time I go.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #33
Duchess of York
HABETIS BONA DEUM

Duchess of York does more than just post hot picsDuchess of York does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Rob and I went today and we got a large basket of groceries for $79. I was going to take a pic of everything..but we had to put it up quickly.

I'm excited that they showed a circular and they are supposed to have the stuffed clams next week. I hope that they do!
I know you live in TX and I am in PA, however, today was my first trip to Aldi and I specifically looked for the stuffed clams and they had two slider freezer sections full of them. I was hesitant to buy them (even though they looked delicious) as I didn't know how "fishy" they would make the house smell when baking them.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #34
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!
Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!Fuzzy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wonder if we've had a "This is what I bought for $$" thread..
Old 03-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #35
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of York View Post
I know you live in TX and I am in PA, however, today was my first trip to Aldi and I specifically looked for the stuffed clams and they had two slider freezer sections full of them. I was hesitant to buy them (even though they looked delicious) as I didn't know how "fishy" they would make the house smell when baking them.
They don't smell or taste fishy what so ever. Get them..they are tasty! We have another pack in the freezer that will be tomorrow's dinner!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #36
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is an ALDI close to me so I go there often enough. Their produce is always fresh and very inexpensive- even more so than the local farmer's market.
Eggs and milk are always the best price there.
They also have very pretty plants for sale. Get my Mom something there from time to time. Also, when the lady I clean house for was in the hospital, I found here a beautiful poinsettia wrapped in gorgeous paper back before Christmas.

It's still on her dining room table- going strong.

One thing I don't like about them lately is the boxes of chocolate and cookies halfway down the first aisle when you walk in- and it's uber cheap

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #37
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics

My kids say Aldi's makes mom less grouchy about buying us whatever we ask for at the store...lol. We love Aldi's I go there 2 times a month and come out with an overflowing cart. It really helps with the budget and trying to please two kids who want to be able to have the cereals and snacks they like.
mybluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #38
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I bought a package of stuffed clams this afternoon! Not sure how soon I will make them, but sometime in the next week is likely. I was thinking of serving them with the mushroom risotto or else making a bit of pasta w/pesto on the side, and a tossed salad.. not sure.

I've been buying a lot of their frozen seafood stuff there on my last two visits, perch and scallops last week, haddock and the clams this week.

Fleeting Fancies
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #39
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

how do you cook your scallops Laura? I want to buy some but I need an easy way to cook them, maybe broiling or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
I bought a package of stuffed clams this afternoon! Not sure how soon I will make them, but sometime in the next week is likely. I was thinking of serving them with the mushroom risotto or else making a bit of pasta w/pesto on the side, and a tossed salad.. not sure.

I've been buying a lot of their frozen seafood stuff there on my last two visits, perch and scallops last week, haddock and the clams this week.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #40
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

I haven't cooked them yet, but I'm pretty sure the broiler is the way to go. This will be my virgin run cooking scallops and for using the broiler. I'm really afraid of messing up! I've been browsing recipes and the one below seems like a pretty basic, tasty way to go:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scallop...II/Detail.aspx

If you make some before I get around to doing mine, be sure to report on your success and how you cooked them.

Fleeting Fancies
Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #41
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

I dry mine with a paper towel, salt and pepper them and then cook them in butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.

The trick to know when they are ready to turn is if they release from the pan easily.

I think it takes about 5 minutes total. Let me know how the broiler goes...we saw some fresh wild scallops for 10.99 a pound today at sprouts...I want to try them!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #42
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

I like Aldi because you have to put a quarter in to get a cart. Reminds me of Europe <3
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #43
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

LOVED the stuffed clams! I could eat them every night. I'm not sure they agreed very well with Gottfried's lactose intolerance unfortunately, even with the dairy aid supplement. We decided he probably shouldn't eat more than a couple of them at a time in the future.

I'm definitely picking up another package on my next shopping trip.

Fleeting Fancies
Old 03-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #44
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
LOVED the stuffed clams! I could eat them every night. I'm not sure they agreed very well with Gottfried's lactose intolerance unfortunately, even with the dairy aid supplement. We decided he probably shouldn't eat more than a couple of them at a time in the future.

I'm definitely picking up another package on my next shopping trip.
I'm glad that you loved them! At first, we were eating a whole package by ourselves...now..I make a side dish and we split them between us. We just had our last package for lunch yesterday.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #45
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

The pita crackers are awesome. I have a box of the sea salt and a box of the garlic and chives. I can have 9 crackers for 18 carbs. I just had the garlic and chive with some yummy chicken salad!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #46
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!
SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
The pita crackers are awesome. I have a box of the sea salt and a box of the garlic and chives. I can have 9 crackers for 18 carbs. I just had the garlic and chive with some yummy chicken salad!

Those are probably the same sea salt pita crackers I got at Trader Joe's last year and raved about in the food discoveries thread. Love them! I just got a new flavor but haven't tried them yet - multigrain!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
Dromond
Oil can

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just got back from Aldi, and only now do I read about the pita chips?
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #48
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Those are probably the same sea salt pita crackers I got at Trader Joe's last year and raved about in the food discoveries thread. Love them! I just got a new flavor but haven't tried them yet - multigrain!
Oh..I hope they bring that flavor here! I love them. They are perfect!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #49
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

I don't know what it is about the happy farm string cheese, but I am suddenly addicted.

It is SO much better than any other string cheese I've had...and I normally HATE string cheese.

I've just sent Rob to get 4 more bags. So yummy!

He's also picking up 4 more boxes of those pita crackers.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #50
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!
SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I don't know what it is about the happy farm string cheese, but I am suddenly addicted.

It is SO much better than any other string cheese I've had...and I normally HATE string cheese.

I've just sent Rob to get 4 more bags. So yummy!

He's also picking up 4 more boxes of those pita crackers.
Misty, I find a huge variation in different brands. Once I find one I know I like - I stick with it. I'm a huge fan of the original Armenian braided string cheese. Yum! It's been around forever - long before the snack size string cheese sticks,. If you ever find it, I recommend it. They have them in cheese shops and at stores with an extensive cheese department.

It comes in a big braid (about 8") and you peel the strings, just like with the snack stick. No comparison when it comes to flavor tho.

Delicious-Real-Armenian-String-Cheese.jpg
This is how it looks as you peel/shred the strings.

Below is the brand they have around here.
Sun-Ni.jpg
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote