Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #51
Hathor
stolen child

Hathor does more than just post hot picsHathor does more than just post hot pics

I love the German hazelnut chocolate wafers they sell for $.99 each. Mmmmm....cheap and good.
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #52
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

I adore Aldi's! I first started shopping when I was in Ohio for college, but there was not a store in my area for years after that. But once it opened, I told everyone I knew to shop there. Aldi's had the best bagels and milk. Now, I'm hooked on the great produce and special deals. Long live Aldi's!

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #53
Deven
Deadpool Corps.

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I got some AWESOME frozen chinese food. It's so freaking tasty! Pork dumplings and Sesame Orange chicken! And at $3.99, you can't beat that price.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
Diane
On Timeout

Diane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

They have good pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough.
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #55
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

For anyone interested this week 2 good specials at Aldi's are: slated or unsalted better for $2.29 per # and a spiral sliced honey ham for $1.49 at #.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
danbsc29630

danbsc29630 can now change their title

I can walk to the closest Aldi, never do though. They got good stuff and have improved over the years. My aldi favorite is Jalapeno Havarti cheese.

I love their clearance rack. Its awesome.
danbsc29630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #57
ConnieLynn
Conformity is not beauty.

ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I shop Aldi often. You can get in, grab the basics, and get out in a flash. Everything in the dairy section is good and economical. Prices on fruit and veggies are amazing. That's about all that I regularly buy there. I'm one of those folks who just shops the outer aisles
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #58
EMH1701
Master Member

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like Aldi's for cheap meat. When I was doing Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I got a really good beef roast for $7 there. I used it for Beouf Bourginon and it turned out splendidly.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #59
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Aldi has a Mama Cozzi goat cheese and spinach pizza on special this week for $2.99. I bought one the other day and just wanted to report back it is fantastic and I'm not normally such a big fan of goat cheese. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow to pick up a few more.

Their Tropicana brand clementines are super sweet still too.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #60
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Song Parody

Ha! this would be a fun one to parodize! 'Cuz we got a thing and it's called Aldi Love!!!

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #61
ConnieLynn
Conformity is not beauty.

ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ConnieLynn has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My new favorite thing from Aldi -- Benita Premium Ice Cream Bars! They are great. Come in strawberry, mango, and coconut. Super creamy and have real bits of fruit in them. Strawberry is great, but I am totally addicted to the coconut.

Also, they have blueberries right now for 99 cents!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #62
anneblithe

anneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesanneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ripe blueberries are the best thing ever. Time for a jog (ha, walk) to Aldis.
anneblithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #63
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I absolutely love Aldi's Light and Fit Wildberry Sorbet and ice cream bars. Unfortunately, my local store was out of them the last two times I was there.

Fleeting Fancies
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #64
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I thought ALDIs had the best white grapes ever- but then I tried the red ones. It's unreal for grapes to taste that good!

I wonder if ALDI will sell any cherries this year?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #65
MisticalMisty
Executive Member

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I thought ALDIs had the best white grapes ever- but then I tried the red ones. It's unreal for grapes to taste that good!

I wonder if ALDI will sell any cherries this year?
Mine has them...2 bucks a pound..but limit 1.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #66
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

Aldi has Boca burgers for $2.50! I don't think I've ever seen them so cheap. I'm not a big fan myself, but my 13 year old vegetarian niece is visiting next month so I bought a couple packages.

The Wild Berry Sorbet and Ice Cream bars were in stock again finally. It was all I could do to resist buying the new Magnum ice cream bars they had as a special purchase. God, I was tempted. I saw my doctor Wednesday, so the "lose weight or die" lecture was still fresh in my head. I resisted. If they still have them next week, I make no promises.

Fleeting Fancies

Last edited by ThatFatGirl : 06-17-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #67
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Love Me Some Aldi!

Had me some good ol' Aldi's 'tater chips with lunch!

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #68
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Aldi specially stocking up on dry herbs, rubs and baking ingredients.

Eats and Seats NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #69
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

Not food, but... some Aldi love for the $3.99 hanging Impatiens plant I bought a few months ago. It was one of only a handful they had left. It had no blooms and a very sad "Charlie Brown's Christmas" Christmas tree vibe going, but with some TLC it turned into this glorious thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0440.JPG (110.2 KB, 123 views)

Fleeting Fancies
Old 08-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #70
miafantastic

miafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 club

Hrm. Couple of these in my area. After reading this thread, my wallet's itching to give them a try. One of my coworkers described them as the Ikea of grocery stores.
miafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #71
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!
SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

There is an Aldi's near me - I just passed it on my way to my recently relocated office. I've never been, tho I go to Trader Joes often. I'll have to check them out!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #72
SoVerySoft
Special...

SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!
SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!SoVerySoft keeps pushing the rep limit!

ok, first time to Aldi's last weekend. I think the one closest to me is a small one, and doesn't have much. Do they tend to vary?

I was also disappointed that they didn't have the clams y'all have been raving about. I WANT CLAMS!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Aldi stores tend to not be very large in comparison to other grocery stores. Also, aside from a core of products that they always carry, their stock changes from week to week. You need to pay attention to their ads to see what they're promoting each week. Even with that, there will be items they stock for limited amounts of time that they don't advertise. It can be a crap shoot.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #74
LinathSuru
Dreamer

LinathSuru never has a post go unnoticedLinathSuru never has a post go unnoticedLinathSuru never has a post go unnoticedLinathSuru never has a post go unnoticedLinathSuru never has a post go unnoticedLinathSuru never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
I thought so too - but that's not the case at all. You should give it a try.
I had the same kind of preconceptions, especially listening to my coworkers talking about the store, but after seeing this thread, and in the FOODEE board no less, I told my honey we have to try em. Lucky us there's one right up the street from us.

I'll be sure to leave my thoughts once I've had the opportunity to try their food.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #75
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!
Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruby Ripples keeps pushing the rep limit!

They have got so much better over the years. When i went about 15 years ago or so, their stuff wasn't so great, just cheap. But now they are very good. Unfortunately I don't often get to Aldi, but I love some of their products. The smoked salmon with the sachet of orange and mustard sauce is amazing, for under 2, and their own brand crisps are my very favourite kind. They are just so potatoey, crisp and well flavoured - just what a crisp should be, lol. Their fruit and veg are just always so fresh looking and at least a third less than at other supermarkets.

I feel quite famous as they used a comment I made on their products, on a "Hot Deals" site I frequent, in a recent national leaflet and on their site.
Ruby Ripples is online now   Reply With Quote