Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
The Educator

The Educator can now change their title
Default FFA and FA in movies and TV

Where, oh where? Why is it so hard to find? It's not like there are that few of us FAs in the world. I know there are a lot of BHM in sitcoms, but how often does the wife say she loves his size? As for BBW they are almost non-existent on screen, especially as leads. It really is pathetic.

Last edited by The Educator; 03-01-2011 at 05:02 AM.
The Educator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
RoseyGirl2010

RoseyGirl2010 can now change their title

I think Mike & Molly is about the only show where a bbw/ssbbw is the lead actress in a sitcom. I love the show and I love them as a couple and as individual characters. They love each other just the way they are even though they are losing weight even though you don't really see it lol. I'd like to see more shows with bigger women who aren't comedians or seen as slobs or single or poor or desperate.
RoseyGirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And, remarkably, neither actor in Mike & Molly (incidentally, I am pretty sure the name "Molly" was inspired by the German word "mollig," which is one of many describing fat women) has yet succumbed to the temptation to cash in big by signing up with Jenny Craig...
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
coolguy1112

coolguy1112 has said some nice things

Have you heard of this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445965/
coolguy1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy1112 View Post
Have you heard of this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445965/
Unfortunately.....don't remind me lol
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Matt L.

Matt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Here are a few; In Cecil B. DeMille's "Four Frightened People" (1934), the tribesmen who come across the castaways prefer the chubby Mary Boland over the svelte Claudette Colbert.

During a scene in John Ford's "The Long Voyage Home" (1940), Thomas Mitchell refuses the advances of a trollop because she's not plump enough.

In "Saratoga Trunk" (1945), directed by Sam Wood, Ingrid Bergman is told by her nanny that her voracious appetite will surely fatten her up.
Matt L. is offline   Reply With Quote