Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #26
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
I make this every year at St. Patrick's Day, even though I know they didn't eat corned beef in Ireland. The corned beef tradition comes from New York City's Irish immigrants that lived near Jewish immigrants.

Boiled Dinner (Corned Beef, Cabbage and Vegetables)
I'm trying something similar, but with one pound of corned beef. It's Joy of Cooking's recipe. Could only afford the one. They also add peppercorns and bay leaves, so it's very similar.

Added some sauerkraut and potatoes. It's in the stock pot right now tantalizing my taste buds.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #27
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I'm trying something similar, but with one pound of corned beef. It's Joy of Cooking's recipe. Could only afford the one. They also add peppercorns and bay leaves, so it's very similar.

Added some sauerkraut and potatoes. It's in the stock pot right now tantalizing my taste buds.
I like the kraut on the side, not cooked with the corned beef because of it's strong flavor.

The potatoes cooked with the beef just have some sort of extra special corned-beefy goodness, don't they?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #28
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey - it's April. Hint! Hint!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Hey - it's April. Hint! Hint!
I am so sorry, I was ill and not online. I will do the poll right now. Thanks all for your patience.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #30
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
I am so sorry, I was ill and not online. I will do the poll right now. Thanks all for your patience.
I was just teasing! I hope you are feeling better. Hugs, C!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote