Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
moore2me
Possible Halloween Hairdo

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Help finding socks for fat ankles (edema?)

Hi folks,

For years, I got by using large sized women's socks and men's socks on my size 11 feet. One of the fun things happening late in life is swelling ankles. I am having trouble finding socks that do not bind my ankles and cause discomfort and pressure marks.

Anyone have suggestions for places where I can find socks for extra large ankles and/or recommend a fabric or design that works best for not constricting your tender legs?

Thanks in advance.

M2M

moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.footsmart.com/

http://www.footsmart.com/C-Womens-So...-Feet-156.aspx

Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
moore2me

Thanks for the link Jes. I looked at their catalog and saw several styles that could do the job.

M2M
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Cynthia
Create change. Volunteer.

Cynthia is a member of the 500 clubCynthia is a member of the 500 clubCynthia is a member of the 500 clubCynthia is a member of the 500 clubCynthia is a member of the 500 club

Try diabetic socks. You can find them anywhere -- in the drugstore, supermarket, etc. The tops are loose and nonbinding, and they're typically roomier throughout.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have really big calves and these fit great and to my knees!

http://www.sockdreams.com/products/h...ks?back=search

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Stockings?

M2M, you might ask your doctor about these "Medi" stasis stockings that I'm using, as they help the circulation in my lower legs tremendously and would probably help reduce swelling in your feet and ankles, too.

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm loving the Dr. Scholl's diabetic socks. I know they're available at Walmart and some other stores. They're VERY stretchy, but stay up fairly well. I have size 12 feet, and they have the extended length ones for women which I so appreciate. Neither my niece or I are diabetic, but we both swear by them just for comfort.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
moore2me

Dear Sweet Tooth,
You're right. Diabetic stockings are what I need. I am having trouble finding ones with a ankle cuff that does not bind. I guess I need ones with no cuff band and an extra large or no cuff above the ankle.

Casting Pearls,
I spent thirty minutes looking at the sock eye candy. How pretty they are! I even saw some I probably could wear. Oh! to be able to wear sexy high heels again like I did thirty years ago.

Cynthia,
I agree with you - these are my main socks now. The only problem is that I mostly wear white ones. When they have gotten dingy or dirty I have tried to use bleach on them and the elastic "melted". I had to throw the things away after one or two washings with bleach.

Edgar,
Yep - I do need some compression. Finding large size compression hose is even harder than finding large size socks tho.

Thanks again for the responses. M2M
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Baiscally my calves are large already, and those socks could stretch enough for both calves at once. Worth a shot.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
moore2me

Sweet Tooth,

I went to the Walmart and bought two pairs of the white socks and two pairs of the black socks. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how the test drive works out.

M2M
Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
Sweet Tooth,

I went to the Walmart and bought two pairs of the white socks and two pairs of the black socks. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how the test drive works out.

M2M
I hope you like them. I have loved them so far. Went back and bought more after my trial run.

[Oh, side note: Do not wear to bed if you have flannel sheets. You WILL NOT get the little fuzzies out of them. Ever. LOL]
Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #12
Orchid

Orchid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default water/edema

Hello , have not been here on the forum in a while , but your swollen ankles may be caused by water retention as in the body holding on to water , so perhaps seek medical help for this
hope all is well with you
greetings Orchid

Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote