Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 03-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
angellepen31

angellepen31 can now change their title
Default sad fat girl =(

My boyfriend constantly calls me fat, whale, and constantly puts my confidence down all the time it really hurts me so bad he never tells me my body is beautiful I used to be this confident girl but now i hide behind shadows. Sorry just had to get it off my chest i have no where else to let my feelings out.
angellepen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dump your boyfriend and you'll immediately lose 150 to 200 pounds of dead weight.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
bella929

bella929 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellepen31 View Post
My boyfriend constantly calls me fat, whale, and constantly puts my confidence down all the time it really hurts me so bad he never tells me my body is beautiful I used to be this confident girl but now i hide behind shadows. Sorry just had to get it off my chest i have no where else to let my feelings out.
You shouldn't be with someone that doesn't know how to appreciate you.
You're beautiful and your body is gorgeous! Never let him convince you otherwise.
bella929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It's easier said than done to advise you to "get rid" of him, I know...but this guy is really abusive and hurtful to you and staying with him can only lead to further suffering on your part. He doesn't sound as though he truly loves you or has your best interests in mind, I'm sorry to say.

There are lots of men who would be thrilled as hell to have a gorgeous lady like you for a girlfriend -- you definitely deserve one of them, and not what you've got right now. Kick him to the curb!
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
In the famous words of Dan Savage - it's time to DTMFA.

Dump The Mother *Footle* Already.

Cos, clearly, the dude sucks ass.

Big, small or middlin' there are fellas out there that'll treat you OK and make / help you feel happy most / sometimes.

Get rid of the bringdown and go find yourself a pickmeup.

Also, *hugs*and good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
awsomerich

awsomerich has said some nice things

You are an absolutely beautiful woman, and you deserve to be with someone who appreciates how incredibly sexy you are.
awsomerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
May I inquire to why you are with him to begin with?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Someone who brings you down like this isn't worth having in your life. You deserve to be treated with respect, dignity and love, and it doesn't sound like he's doing that. Like the others have said, DTMFA.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

We've got a very supportive group here at dims generally so definitely feel free to vent. I agree with everyone who has said that you don't need to accept behavior like that. I don't know you or anything about your relatioship though. Why don't you tell us a little more about the situation? Is he at all attempting to "inspire" you to lose weight ever or does he just berate you and call you names like your first post seems to suggest. Any name calling like that is awful and unacceptable (unless both parties are into a little playful name calling). Like KHayes expressed earlier, I'm interested in hearing why you were with him in the first place. Is this verbal abuse a recent development or has it been occuring for a while? People here are all too happy to give advice or just lend the proverbial ear but the more we know the better help we could potentially be. I'm sorry he says those things. A few questions to maybe ask yourself when he says things like that would be 1) are you actually fat or is he full of shit? 2) If so, is that a bad thing? You found dims and a lot of good, happy, fat people right? I hope things improve with or without him.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

So why are you with him if he constantly tells you that you are shit? I would never stand to be in a relationship with a man who doesn't see me as sexy, desirable and beautiful.

He tells you that you are undesirable, then why doesn't he break up with you and find someone else? Why would a person date someone that he finds undesirable? He sounds like an abusive, sociopath-personality type. If you want to continue with that route, you will have nothing but heart trouble. Stress kills. Fill your life with people who are positive and send out good spirits. I've learned to phase myself away from people who have negative spirits.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

He does not deserve you...and you absolutely do not deserve what he's doing to you. Yes, severing ties with someone you care about is hard, but it's nothing compared to the damage he's doing to you.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
rubenesquehunny

rubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesrubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Simply put, you have to rid yourself from him and the toxic relatonship you are in. He is emotionally and mentally abusive and I know you posted so you could see that you know you need to leave him. If this was your friend, wouldn't you tell her to leave?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
and you are still with him...WHY??

You are beautiful, on to the next!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
knobby59

knobby59 can now change their title

Quote:
His behavior is mean. You're better off without mean people in your life.
I have to join the "dump him" chorus.
knobby59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #15
ChocolateCinnamon_BBW

ChocolateCinnamon_BBW has said some nice things

Quote:
Don't waste time on someone who doesn't appreciate you for who you are. If your boyfriend (if you want to call him that) isn't interested in having a loving relationship with you, then he should move on. Is he trying to make himself feel better by bringing you down? Then that's not love, at all. There are lots of other men who will appreciate your beauty.

Sounds to me like your boyfriend has his own issues to deal with.
ChocolateCinnamon_BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
We've got a very supportive group here at dims generally so definitely feel free to vent. I agree with everyone who has said that you don't need to accept behavior like that. I don't know you or anything about your relatioship though. Why don't you tell us a little more about the situation? Is he at all attempting to "inspire" you to lose weight ever or does he just berate you and call you names like your first post seems to suggest. Any name calling like that is awful and unacceptable (unless both parties are into a little playful name calling). Like KHayes expressed earlier, I'm interested in hearing why you were with him in the first place. Is this verbal abuse a recent development or has it been occuring for a while? People here are all too happy to give advice or just lend the proverbial ear but the more we know the better help we could potentially be. I'm sorry he says those things. A few questions to maybe ask yourself when he says things like that would be 1) are you actually fat or is he full of shit? 2) If so, is that a bad thing? You found dims and a lot of good, happy, fat people right? I hope things improve with or without him.
A few questions for you, Oirish.

Why would we need to know if the verbal abuse is a recent development? She's not suggesting (if I'm reading her OP correctly) that he's said this once or twice in a moment of anger. She speaks as if he is constantly putting her down and calling her terrible names.

Does it matter if she's actually fat? Would it make it any more or less ok if she weighed 100 pounds or 1000 pounds or any point inbetween?

Even if she feels absolutely OK with her weight and her body (apparently not, as she's allowing her boyfriend to impact her self-esteem), is it ever acceptable for him to call her unwelcomed name?

I get your point about internet advise being cheap. But some things are just so transparently obvious, internet stranger or not.

She's not married to him. God forbid, she has any children with him -- I'm assuming not. He's verbally abusive. It shouldn't matter why. Even if she's been out sleeping with his brother, his best friend, and his father (all at once, while she's also killing his dog), he's responsible for how he communicates with her. Abuse is abuse is abuse. If he's OK with calling her a whale today, what's to stop him from slapping her tomorrow and knocking her down the next day? He's already crossed a line that no person should ever cross.

Cheap, anonymous internet advise isn't always wrong. Abusers don't change their ways. Why would she risk herself, her sanity, her well-being on the negligible chance that he can "change"? Best to cut losses while he's still just a boyfriend & hopefully not a baby daddy or future husband and it's that much harder to get away.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Whatever you think you're getting out of this relationship, it's not worth your dignity, self-respect, mental and emotional well-being.

The longer you stay with him the more he'll tear you down making it harder to walk away.

Leave him, break-up, whatever. Remove him from your life permanently.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #18
wannabeafatguy

wannabeafatguy has said some nice things

Quote:
You seem like a very sweet,caring lady, you deserve a guy who will cherish you,and shower you with love
wannabeafatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #19
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

I don't disagree with you at all. But the OP was stated in a way that would obviously receive the standard wrote responses we've seen. Of course degrading someone's self esteem is reprehensible. Asking if this is recent or present from the start would show something about herself and the guys she dates. Asking how she feels about herself is an effort to see if she still feels at all like the confident girl she said she once had, despite the negetivity. I suppose I should have just gone the route of an Oprah audience member though and just told her to drop the loser, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
A few questions for you, Oirish.

Why would we need to know if the verbal abuse is a recent development? She's not suggesting (if I'm reading her OP correctly) that he's said this once or twice in a moment of anger. She speaks as if he is constantly putting her down and calling her terrible names.

Does it matter if she's actually fat? Would it make it any more or less ok if she weighed 100 pounds or 1000 pounds or any point inbetween?

Even if she feels absolutely OK with her weight and her body (apparently not, as she's allowing her boyfriend to impact her self-esteem), is it ever acceptable for him to call her unwelcomed name?

I get your point about internet advise being cheap. But some things are just so transparently obvious, internet stranger or not.

She's not married to him. God forbid, she has any children with him -- I'm assuming not. He's verbally abusive. It shouldn't matter why. Even if she's been out sleeping with his brother, his best friend, and his father (all at once, while she's also killing his dog), he's responsible for how he communicates with her. Abuse is abuse is abuse. If he's OK with calling her a whale today, what's to stop him from slapping her tomorrow and knocking her down the next day? He's already crossed a line that no person should ever cross.

Cheap, anonymous internet advise isn't always wrong. Abusers don't change their ways. Why would she risk herself, her sanity, her well-being on the negligible chance that he can "change"? Best to cut losses while he's still just a boyfriend & hopefully not a baby daddy or future husband and it's that much harder to get away.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #20
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Leave. Now. And don't ever look back. It's liberating.

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
I don't disagree with you at all. But the OP was stated in a way that would obviously receive the standard wrote responses we've seen. Of course degrading someone's self esteem is reprehensible. Asking if this is recent or present from the start would show something about herself and the guys she dates. Asking how she feels about herself is an effort to see if she still feels at all like the confident girl she said she once had, despite the negetivity. I suppose I should have just gone the route of an Oprah audience member though and just told her to drop the loser, right?
I don't think it's at all "Oprah-ish" to advise a young woman to leave an abuser.

I do agree with you that she should ask *herself* why she's accepting this abuse -- if only to ensure that her next relationship doesn't end up just like this one.

This doesn't mean that she needs to remain in the current relationship while working on these issues. She needs to get away from him so that she CAN gain the perspective that comes with distance.

Oirish, I think if the OP had referenced physical abuse, you wouldn't have equivocated or advised her to ask herself some gentle questions about her self-esteem. Surely, you'd have told her to just leave, and yesterday if not sooner.

Emotional abuse is no less painful, and frankly, many physical abusers start out "testing the waters" of how quickly and thoroughly they can dominate their partners with the insults and the cutting remarks. Once they've established dominance and control (i.e., dipped that big toe), they move in with the fists.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
angellepen31

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
May I inquire to why you are with him to begin with?
he's my first love
im scared i will be alone
Old 03-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #23
angellepen31

thanks everyone you are all too great!!!
im really glad i found this website =)
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
he's my first love
If he's your first, then it's all the more reason to leave him. If you are not his first, then he's taking advantage of your naivete. Even if you are alone for a while that's better than taking crap from someone who is supposed to care about you. You'll be okay and you'll find another guy.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
he's my first love

How old are you, baby girl? You sound very young. Hell, there are lots of men out there for you to have.

Scared to be alone? Like my friend says, it's better to do bad by yourself.