Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 03-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default SSBBW & Flip Flops

A question to all my SSBBWs... with warmer weather approaching I am super excited to start wearing flip flops but can't quite find the right pair, so I was wondering what brand/style you all wear?

I currently only have 2 pair, my UK Wildcats Flip Flops from Walmart but they make that awful suction noise when you walk lol and the other pair are just plain black cushion-y flip flops that I love but they are falling apart lol
Another reason I have a hard time finding the right pair is because I hate when the straps go under your foot, I like for them to stop at the side of the show not under the foot on the inside of the sole.

Appreciate all responses
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

I have found that Avenue has great flip flops that are comfortable and actually fit my feet correctly! I had a few pairs from Old Navy a few years ago, and while they fit- they pinched- because like you said the strap went under my foot- and I felt like my foot hung off it (I have really wide feet.) I would definitly check on Avenue if you have feet like mine- last year I bought like 5 pairs from them- they are great!
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you just want plain flip-flops, buy a men's pair as they tend to be wider. The band won't be right under your foot. I think the next pair of flip flops I get will be a pair of Airwalks.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Crocs are my favorite.. A few years back I was out with a couple of friends, drinking, I was in platform strappy shoes that were HOT..they are like 3 inches...so it made me like 6'1"....I was a little tipsy shall we say and I tripped and fractured my foot in the parking lot...not realizing this...I have had problems since.. Crocs are the only shoes I can walk and stand in for long periods of time without crying (it hurts that bad) and they have TONS of styles of cute flip flops.

I am sooo excited I get to wear flip flops at my new job..sweet...time for a pedi!!!

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
lovelylady78

lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've had a pair of Skechers Flip Flops that I love. On top of them being comfortable and me wearing them a lot, they're one of the few pairs of shoes of any kind that's ever lasted me more than one season.
lovelylady78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
blueeyedevie

blueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot pics

if you can find them wide enough Tommy Hillfiger filps are great. I also like the Nike ones.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
blueeyedevie

blueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot pics

I forgot to say target. Last year I got five awesome , comfortable pairs there unfortunately my puppie liked them more than i did.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

I second the Crocs flip-flops. Comfy as hell and cute to boot! My feet feel like they're being cradled . Also, I've had them for over 2 years and they're still going strong! And I wear them EVERY DAY from Spring to Fall. So they hold up really well!

Oh...I agree also that it's time for a pedi! Once it warms up here, my tootsies are gonna be going commando!
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I consider myself a flip flop connoisseur, and I'm personally responsible for bringing the flipper back in 2000. That being said, if you don't mind making a small investment in the best pair of flip-flops you'll ever own try Teva, the colors and designs alone will make you swoon. I own half a dozen pair, and the things refuse to age, I've left them outside for months, I've waded through rivers, and creeks, walked around Disney World, and tons of festivals, and the poor little babies are still like brand new.

"Mush" foam stuff, makes them weightless, but thick enough to hold up to rocks and other things you step on....

I have over twenty pair of Old Navy flip-flops, some of their styles are on the side, and some under your foot, I tend to try them on, stand in them, walk in them before a purchase, but for only $2.50 a pair, I sometimes buy them even if I don't love the feel....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
I consider myself a flip flop connoisseur, and I'm personally responsible for bringing the flipper back in 2000. That being said, if you don't mind making a small investment in the best pair of flip-flops you'll ever own try Teva, the colors and designs alone will make you swoon. I own half a dozen pair, and the things refuse to age, I've left them outside for months, I've waded through rivers, and creeks, walked around Disney World, and tons of festivals, and the poor little babies are still like brand new.

"Mush" foam stuff, makes them weightless, but thick enough to hold up to rocks and other things you step on....

I have over twenty pair of Old Navy flip-flops, some of their styles are on the side, and some under your foot, I tend to try them on, stand in them, walk in them before a purchase, but for only $2.50 a pair, I sometimes buy them even if I don't love the feel....
Mish--do you have wide feet? How's the width on Teva's? I was thinking of buying a pair of the Mush's.

(The first warm day here and I'm getting pedi'd up. I got my bottle of OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ sitting in my purse waiting for deployment. LOL)

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

Havaianas - I know they are expensive and i refused to pay $20-40 for a pair of thongs..... My sister bought me a pair for xmas about 2 years ago and i got what all the fuss is about they are so comfortable......They are still in tact after 2 years and I wear them everyday even to work and change into work shoes when i arrive...... Worth the money.....
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Mish--do you have wide feet? How's the width on Teva's? I was thinking of buying a pair of the Mush's.

(The first warm day here and I'm getting pedi'd up. I got my bottle of OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ sitting in my purse waiting for deployment. LOL)
I do have wide feet, and some of the strappy and fancier Teva styles don't fit, but the Mush and the thinner strapped pairs fit fine, and within a few(5 or so) wearings they conform to your foot, and stretch.

I need a pedi ever so badly, I neglected my feet this Winter and my little Korean lady is gonna be maaaaad. I want to try the mint green or a dove grey on my toes.... although Mrs.Leary's is looking kinda sexy and vampish.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
mel
This is My year!..again:)

mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like Merrell and Reef ...both are great , cute and awesomingly comfortable

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 AM   #14
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

I wear thongs most days of the year here they are my favourite shoe. I usually buy the el cheapo's cos I am rough with them but I have a beautiful leather and wood pair from Italy that cost me nearly 200$ that will last forever. My faves are my billabong ones, anything with bong on it makes me smile.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love me some thong sandals. I have many kinds and live by them in the summer. I tend to buy ones with a bit of a platform, though, if I'm shopping in women's sandals because I find I can last muuuuch longer with about 1.5" of a heel on my flipflops. But if it isn't those, then it's a men's sandal for sure. Much more comfortable and men's flipflops almost all have the straps at the side instead of under the foot. I love that, too.

The ones I get always have a strap made out of fabric, though. I've never spent over 15$ for a pair of sandals, and those were brand name men's floppers, lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
LisaMarie86

LisaMarie86 has said some nice things

i love teva mush flip flops they are the best ones Ive found so far. Im a 28 sometimes 30 so not a small bbw.
LisaMarie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

For the people saying they love the teva sandals/flip flops can you say what your shoe size is? They don't seem to have widths available. I'm wondering if you have to buy a size up so they will fit wide feet. I'm about a 9 3E or 4E for comparison.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yellow Box is my brand. I have over 30 pairs, and am a bit obsessive. They now come in an 11. The ones with the fabric straps are the most comfortable. The EVA sole (the black wedge) is very comfortable and my go to shoe for the summer, and any other time I can swing it.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
SparkGirl
Life In The Fat Lane...

SparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticed
Thumbs up Teva!!!!

Teva Mush have my vote too. I have wide feet and just order my usual shoe size or it's equal in the men's version of Mush. They're so comfortable.

Reef, Billabong and Havaianas are great too....

SparkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love Old Navy flip flops.. the strap goes under the foot, but I've found that if you size up they tend to be a lot looser and more comfortable without being ridiculously large. Plus they're only like $2.50 a pair!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

As soon as it's warm enough, I live in thongs. My job is super casual, so I wear them to work. My fave brand is 'bluefin' available at Rack Room. Usually 2 pairs for $30, sometimes less. They are very comfy and fit my wide feet, even though they don't actually come in a wide size. They go up to size 11. They are also washing machine friendly, except for the sequined ones

Here's an example.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #22
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post

CastingPearls: My gf has very wide feet, and mine are just a little wide. We both have a pair of the Teva Mush's and love the heck out of them!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #23
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylady78 View Post
I've had a pair of Skechers Flip Flops that I love. On top of them being comfortable and me wearing them a lot, they're one of the few pairs of shoes of any kind that's ever lasted me more than one season.
Same here!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
KimmyP

KimmyP can now change their title

My vote: Havaianas

Best $20 ever spent on flip flops.

Last more than 1 season!
KimmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #25
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I bought a pair yesterday at Payless that are really comfy. They're the Champion "Stride 2 Fitness Sandal". The ticket price was $24.99 but I got them on sale. I don't know about the fitness part, but they have a gel insole that feels wonderful underfoot, and I noticed that when I was wearing them this morning to water my garden, I was able to stand up a lot longer than usual before I had to sit and rest my back. Also, even though I normally wear a wide width in shoes, they fit me perfectly, even though they only come in a medium width.

Tracy