Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #26
SillyLady
I am random.

SillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking

I LOVE my flip flops! I was on a date and my heels broke. So, my date and I went into Walmart. Well, I hobbled in, but needless to say.. there was a wall of flip flops. For whatever reason, I was allured to the sun-n-sand flip flops. They were guy flip flops but ohhh so comfy!!!

Girls and guys both like my flip flops!
SillyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #27
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Honestly, I wear whatever flip flops I can find. Most of the time it's ones I find at the Dollar Store, or Walmart. I love my flip flops! Honestly, if I lived in the southern part of the US where it doesn't get too terribly cold during the winter months, I would wear them year-round!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Flip flops rule the summer!!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #29
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love flip flops but apparently have a very sensitive... erm... toe crotch... ... so have a hard time with the ones with a heavier, rubber toe strap. But the ones with thin leather or fabric toe strap are just fine.

But oh my gosh, the CRAP I get from my chiropractor and massage therapist when I wear them. There is absolutely NO support so if you have issues with your feet they're about the worst things you can wear, apparently. But I don't care. Our Alaska summers are so damn short that I'll take my chances, although this year I fell in love with some gorgeous slip on Dansko sandals that I can't seem to take off, so I suspect those will be gracing my feet this summer, and probably won't get a new pair of flippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyGurly74 View Post
Crocs are my favorite.. A few years back I was out with a couple of friends, drinking, I was in platform strappy shoes that were HOT..they are like 3 inches...so it made me like 6'1"....I was a little tipsy shall we say and I tripped and fractured my foot in the parking lot...not realizing this...I have had problems since.. Crocs are the only shoes I can walk and stand in for long periods of time without crying (it hurts that bad) and they have TONS of styles of cute flip flops.

I am sooo excited I get to wear flip flops at my new job..sweet...time for a pedi!!!
Crock flops are awesome. I have a friend who's a nurse and also runs, bikes and hikes in her spare time and she got some. I tried hers on and they were SOOOO comfortable. I just don't like how that rubber feels against my feet so I didn't buy any; however, they have great support and your feet are well protected. They're pretty stylish, too.

Tevas are also really great sandals for summer, and a lot of my friends (who have wide feet) wear the sandals hiking because they're pretty protective and have good tread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
For the people saying they love the teva sandals/flip flops can you say what your shoe size is? They don't seem to have widths available. I'm wondering if you have to buy a size up so they will fit wide feet. I'm about a 9 3E or 4E for comparison.
I had a pair of 9's that I liked. My feet are wider than "regular" shoes -- D width I think? The Tevas I had came with straps that were adjustable velcro so they could really be adjusted quite a bit wider, which was nice. I'm all about any kind of shoe that's adjustable.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #30
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Croc Athens. Not the cutest things, but very comfy.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #31
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I needed a little pick me up, and what is a better pick yourself up than shoes?
I just dished out almost sixty bucks on a bunch of different Yellow Box flip flops. Ladies, they are amazing, almost to wide for my foot, some of them were, which is an awesome change from shoving my feet into skinny little flippers. The inch thick sole makes it so much softer to walk, and the colors had me going nuts.....

Cupcake(yes cupcake) fuchsia:

Jambalaya green:

and my favorite,Countess blue:

These are going to make me happy this Summer, this is for sure.....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #32
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cute flip flops! I wear a lot of flip flops in the summer. Sometimes shoes are too much to deal with.. I currently have a pair of purple flip flops from the Avenue.. I need a new pair of black ones.. I haven't looked too hard for a new pair but my feet are big so i usually get flip flops in mens department. not pretty but quite comfy and usually cheap. Having flat feet, i think i can get away with little support in my shoes
Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #33
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
I just dished out almost sixty bucks on a bunch of different Yellow Box flip flops. Ladies, they are amazing, almost to wide for my foot, some of them were, which is an awesome change from shoving my feet into skinny little flippers. The inch thick sole makes it so much softer to walk, and the colors had me going nuts.....

Love me some yellow box, over the years I have a collection that takes up so much space, over 40 pairs. My favorites are the polka dot ones.... you will enjoy them so much!
</IMG>
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #34
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Crap. I did not need to know how cute those are. Bugger.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #35
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post

Cupcake(yes cupcake) fuchsia:

Jambalaya green:

and my favorite,Countess blue:

It only took 32 posts, but we at last have Thong Pix in this thread.

Not inexpensive, but they look to be worth every penny!

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #36
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

I loooove flip-flops but can't wear the super thin flat ones. I need a bit of an arch for comfort, and height so my pants don't drag on the ground. Also I cannot do rubber- I tried Havianas and Old Navy, both had me bleeding- or plastic which give me blisters. I prefer neutral colors that match everything but love drooling over everyone's gorgeous colorful patterns! Also despite living in them all summer I still don't consider them real shoes, so my flip-flop price ceiling is $10 which is easy to do at outlets and end of summer clearance sales. Anyway so right now I have 12 (one summer there was a flip flop drought so now I stock back-ups) all THIS general shape.
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #37
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

I love Flip-Flops but I have to be careful which ones I buy. The thin ones hurt my feet because I am flat footed. Yellowbox works well because they have a nice comfy sole!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
ExpandingHorizons

ExpandingHorizons can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
If you just want plain flip-flops, buy a men's pair as they tend to be wider. The band won't be right under your foot. I think the next pair of flip flops I get will be a pair of Airwalks.
Agreed, my gf uses mine sometimes as they are more comfortable than the women's version. I guess they don't make plus size flip flops for women.
ExpandingHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #39
GlassDaemon

GlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot pics

I have my own problems with shoes in general, I haven't worn flip flops since I was about 7, I've had feet problems my entire life, flat feet, bunions and just last year I broke a bone in my foot. Point being, flip flops are usually a comical joke when my name is in the same sentence.

But alas, just this month I found a flip flop that is perfect in every way. It has a thick sole approx an inch, is sturdy while still being cushiony, it conforms to the shape of the foot, with quite a bit of support, and it's fabric between the toes so it's not irritable in the least. They're K9's by Rocketdog, yes I know the name is silly, but this specific style and brand I've seen matched by no other company/producer. They have some other styles that look similar and are in more colors but I've been paranoid to buy them since I'd have to spend almost $7 in shipping to get them from solestruck.com. I also posted a picture of them in the fashion thread: http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...postcount=3755

I found my first pair at Jcpenney, they're not nearly as colorful as these ones, but the point is they're out there. Famous footwear also sells them in black and brown. I HIGHLY recommend these.