Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
louisaml
Princess

louisaml can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslouisaml can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Dennys

They recently advertised a Maple Bacon Sundae which looks delish. I love their pancake puppies, hashbrowns, and coldslaw.
louisaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had to check it out...and there are coupons online for 2 for 1

Want!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just saw that on facebook, and we don't have them over here, so I'm waiting for some American friends to tell me what it's like. I can't wrap my head around bacon and ice cream. It's just too surreal. A friend of mine makes bacon and choc chip cookies, which she says are delicious but I've never tried them.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I just saw that on facebook, and we don't have them over here, so I'm waiting for some American friends to tell me what it's like. I can't wrap my head around bacon and ice cream. It's just too surreal. A friend of mine makes bacon and choc chip cookies, which she says are delicious but I've never tried them.
Actually it would be simple to make. They say it's vanilla ice cream with crumbled bacon and maple syrup. Easy peasy.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Actually it would be simple to make. They say it's vanilla ice cream with crumbled bacon and maple syrup. Easy peasy.
Real maple syrup is expensive here ($8 or $9 for a small bottle), and I don't use it enough to warrant buying it. Plus, it would be a waste of good bacon if I didn't like the sundae!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know if anyone uses real maple syrup here... I tried it, and I prefer my HFCS Log cabin.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I don't know if anyone uses real maple syrup here... I tried it, and I prefer my HFCS Log cabin.
It's not very cheap here but it's really plentiful. I'm considered a heathen by everyone I know cos I prefer Mrs. Butterworth. LOL

Log Cabin (a commercial brand) does make an AWESOME almond maple syrup. Lordy lordy.

EDT: They DID make it but not anymore.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 03-28-2011 at 09:40 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
It's not very cheap here but it's really plentiful. I'm considered a heathen by everyone I know cos I prefer Mrs. Butterworth. LOL

Log Cabin (a commercial brand) does make an AWESOME almond maple syrup. Lordy lordy.

EDT: They DID make it but not anymore.
Awww.. and I was about to do a happy dance.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

I've got a date to go try the sundae tomorrow!! I'll check back with how it was I'm giddy!
I bacon everything, and for my 420 friendly darlings, I've got one of the BEST munchies around.
BACON BROWN SUGAR BUTTER POPCORN. unf unf unf unf unf!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Vicious View Post
I've got a date to go try the sundae tomorrow!! I'll check back with how it was I'm giddy!
I bacon everything, and for my 420 friendly darlings, I've got one of the BEST munchies around.
BACON BROWN SUGAR BUTTER POPCORN. unf unf unf unf unf!
So? How was the sundae??
Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

Quote:
So? How was the sundae??
so friggin good.
I can't even...

BACON AND CHOCOLATE AND ICE CREAM unf unf unf unf unf

I totally had 3 hahahaha! *happy full tummy dance*
Old 04-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
penguin
Fnord

I think I need more of you to confirm this result before I try to make it myself!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
so friggin good.
I can't even...

BACON AND CHOCOLATE AND ICE CREAM unf unf unf unf unf

I totally had 3 hahahaha! *happy full tummy dance*
I thought it was maple syrup - did you request chocolate syrup instead or was that another variation they offered?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Do you guys have streaky bacon there or English style(back) bacon I don't think English bacon would be good with this at allllll

Oh and to those who mentioned log cabin maple syrip. I saw it in giant eagle last week so they DO still make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
Do you guys have streaky bacon there or English style(back) bacon I don't think English bacon would be good with this at allllll

Oh and to those who mentioned log cabin maple syrip. I saw it in giant eagle last week so they DO still make it!
Oh they absolutely DO make Log Cabin real maple syrup but not the almond one anymore.

I'm really ambivilent here. I want to try the bacon sundae so much but I hate and can't eat ice cream.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I want to try the bacon sundae so much but I hate and can't eat ice cream.
This sounds like an excellent reason to have bacon and maple syrup with a stack of pancakes. Or possibly waffles. Mmmm...waffles!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
This sounds like an excellent reason to have bacon and maple syrup with a stack of pancakes. Or possibly waffles. Mmmm...waffles!
Oh sweetie LOL I don't EVER need a reason to have bacon and maple syrup with pretty much anything! (my fave is challah french toast)

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #18
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisaml View Post
They recently advertised a Maple Bacon Sundae which looks delish. I love their pancake puppies, hashbrowns, and coldslaw.
i have tried the maple bacon sundae,it taste just how you think it does.LOL it was alright,nothing mind-blowing but ok.Denny's is pretty good mostly,sometimes the waiters rush the one i go to(same waiters since i usually go at night).LOL they have pretty good food.i go to denny's alot,im a regular pretty much.LOL
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #19
Sydney Vicious

Quote:
I thought it was maple syrup - did you request chocolate syrup instead or was that another variation they offered?
I thought it did too, maybe the Denny's by me is just goofy *shrug* but it was delish!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
Diane
On Timeout

Diane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDiane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I wish Denny's had a buffet.
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #21
Sydney Vicious

K I'm assuming they just effed up on the first one, I went back and this time it was syrup...

STILL TOTALLY AWESOME
Old 04-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
K I'm assuming they just effed up on the first one, I went back and this time it was syrup...

STILL TOTALLY AWESOME
Ah but which did you like better??
Old 04-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #23
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

I like bacon, ice cream and Log Cabin but I cannot stand Denny's.

(Maybe I should've posted this in Hyde Park?)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #24
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Back home, Denny's was the only place open after a night out. I became very well known around there for being the drunk girl who comes in at 2:30 am every Friday night asking for cucumbers and ranch and a vanilla milkshake. They have the best cucumbers and ranch.
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #25
Sydney Vicious

Quote:
Ah but which did you like better??
um... hmmm...

yes?
Maybe the chocolate by a bit.