Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #151
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a 2 egg omelette with a cheddar cheese medley and homemade blended pico de gallo on top
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #152
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not really a breakfast food but i'm sauteeing up some tofu and yakisoba noodles.. sort of a chowmein without the veggies.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #153
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
Did I mention I'm trying grits for the first time? I recently made them with a scrambled egg, a little roasted red pepper spread and chives. It was pretty good.

Then I tried adding white cheddar and chives to the grits; finishing them with a scrambled egg, steak and mushrooms sautéed in garlic and sherry, and it was better.

The pics aren't great, but you get the idea.
I am the queen of grits Always cook them longer than the directions. Also add fat. They should be creamy. I don't do instant grits, but quick grits are good. Cook them per directions, then add a little milk or half & half and cook a little longer. If you run across yellow grits, grab them and do a happy dance.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #154
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
I discovered grits 6 years a go despite growing up in TN and living in TX.I regret not trying them when I was younger because I absolutely love 'em. When I want them simple, it's butter and hot sauce. I have also been know to add in cheese, bacon, ham, and smoked sausage.
Oh, that sounds so good. Especially the smoked sausage, and I'll bet a little chorizo and goat cheese would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
I am the queen of grits Always cook them longer than the directions. Also add fat. They should be creamy. I don't do instant grits, but quick grits are good. Cook them per directions, then add a little milk or half & half and cook a little longer. If you run across yellow grits, grab them and do a happy dance.
Thank you for the tips! I'll have to look for yellow grits. I have stone ground, white grits that get cooked for 15-20 mins. in water and a little butter. Then add milk, and cook another 10 minutes. I can see how the fat is really crucial, and it helps keep them from sticking to my Calphalon saucepan.

I really want to try them with shrimp sometime.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #155
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Leftover lasagna and salad from last night's supper. It was so good that I wanted a "repeat". LOL!

Tracy
Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #156
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

egg and cheese sliders and some cuban espresso
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #157
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

McChicken Biscuit, sliced apples and large diet dr pepper

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #158
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pecan Waffles that my honey made me. They were yummie.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #159
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

cup of lemon tea with honey
softboiled egg
toast with butter & raspberry jam
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #160
theladypoet
I am my own non-sequitur

theladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized rep

Bacon risotto, coconut cheese(which is a-maaaaz-ing!) strong tea with cream, and plums with whole milk yogurt and honey.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #161
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

cup of lemon tea with clover honey
toast butter & apricot preserves
2 fresh plums , cooled in ice water
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #162
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Crispix with Blueberries
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #163
Orchid

Smile food

small coffee cream & sugar
1 egg omelet
slice of toast & butter
small cup fresh fruit salad
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #164
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

Maple Nut Oatmeal w/ scoop of strawberry protein powder and cup of mint tea.

Strange huh?
Vanilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #165
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Toast and eggs. I found a corn-free gluten-free variety of bread in the grocery store. Doesn't taste like much, but it does make decent toast.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #166
Orchid

cup of lemon tea clover honey
toast butter orange ginger preserves
soft boiled egg
fruit juice
Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #167
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
cup of lemon tea clover honey
toast butter orange ginger preserves
soft boiled egg
fruit juice
I often think, when I read your posts, that you have such a lovely, delicate way of combining flavors.

I had seven grain toast with peanut butter and a raspberry/blackberry/blueberry smoothie, made with Greek yogurt.

Last edited by one2one; 08-26-2012 at 08:23 PM.
one2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #168
Orchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
I often think, when I read your posts, that you have such a lovely, delicate way of combining flavors.

I had seven grain toast with peanut butter and a raspberry/blackberry/blueberry smoothie, made with Greek yogurt.
good morning ,thanks for the compliment ,
the way I eat has a reason because of my heart failure I have to watch my nutrition very well , so I try to have small bits of all sorts of food on my plate
Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #169
Orchid

Smile food

demitasse coffee & cream & sugar
homemade buttermilk biscuit
butter & danish blue cheese
2 plums
Old 08-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #170
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

Strawberry protein shake.
Vanilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #171
Orchid

Default morning food

cup of lemon tea & clover honey
toast butter apricot preserves
small glass cherry/pear juice
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #172
Orchid

Smile food

rosehip tea & cane sugar
toast butter cream cheese
ovenbaked apple cinnamon brown sugar
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #173
Alicia33
Southern Belle

Alicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 club

I had a avocado smoothie, very good indeed

"Ain't nothin' wrong with lovin' chunky"
Alicia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #174
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Biscuits and gravy. Best comfort food ever.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #175
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Last night I made chili, so this morning I get to try it out over a cheese omelette.

Attachment 105246
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote