Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Sleepy

Sleepy has said some nice things
Smile Fat Wife

One of the physical attractions the first time I met her -- and she is now my fiancée -- was that she was a little overweight. Since then, about three years, she has gained about 40 pounds and she is even more attractive. Too bad she is currently watching her weight to lose a little or at least not gain any more before the wedding this summer! Don't get me wrong, she totally turns me on at about 200 pounds and she knows it. It's just that I would like her to continue to gain weight before the wedding. Oh well, I'm hoping that once we're married and she knows she's got me (lol), she'll let go, and once again not worry about her weight.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
paintsplotch
paint me happy

paintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized rep

gaining weight is a touchie thing.... especially for a woman just before her wedding.
so many images we see of thin, gorgeous women that are stunning in a white gown.
im much happier now with who i am as a big girl, but i still have issues thinking about if i ever got married, i would want to be smaller....

Old 03-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

Tell her she can do what she wants with her body. Make sure though to be clear she doesn't have to do anything just for you.
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
paintsplotch
paint me happy

paintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfcat View Post
Tell her she can do what she wants with her body. Make sure though to be clear she doesn't have to do anything just for you.
well said
Old 03-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Sleepy

Sleepy has said some nice things
Smile Fat Wife

Thank you for the feedback. I want her to feel good about how she looks at the wedding. Wanting her to gain weight is my selfish desire. I do hope she will feel comfortable just being herself, eat what she wants, and not worry about her weight in the future. And that would work for me!
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just a few thoughts to keep in mind:

- reasons for her to get fatter: it is the path of least resistance, you’d enjoy it.

- reasons for her not to get fatter: pressure from family and friends, social pressure, potential job discrimination, possible health issues, finding nice clothes gets harder, takes more effort to move around, may make certain activities she enjoys more difficult, could worry about whether it would impact her ability to have kids, could worry about whether being fat would make her a worse mom (not all worries are rational, remember), or it just may not feel or look good to her own self.

Those first two reasons are powerful, but there is a lot pulling the other way, too. I think that all you can really ask her is to take sane approaches to what she does to her body (i.e. no crash diets), that she treat her own body with respect at whatever size it is at, and that she accept that you are sincere in your appreciation of her body at whatever size it is at.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you love her, you should enjoy her at whatever size she is and encourage her in whatever path she wishes to take. Don't say you would love her more if she were larger, even though it's the truth. Very few women are going to respond well to that.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
TimeTraveller
Not Enough Hours in Day

Location: Small town Illinois guy now in the big city of Chicago
TimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
If you love her, you should enjoy her at whatever size she is and encourage her in whatever path she wishes to take. Don't say you would love her more if she were larger, even though it's the truth. Very few women are going to respond well to that.
Yes and yes.

In over 30 years of marriage I've never told my wife I wanted her to gain weight. We don't talk about her weight much at all. I want her to be happy and healthy in her body, because she has to live in it, not me. I didn't marry her for her fat, I married her for her. Her fat is simply a volutuous package.

However she does love to eat, and her natural weight gain over the years hasn't bothered her. Now that she weighs 400 pounds her weight bothers me in the best way imaginable! It also helps that she knows I am proud to be seen with her. Sometimes when we're at a party or other social gathering I'd love to brag that my wife is the fattest woman in the room, but I know I'd better keep that little enthusiasm to myself.

She has some limitations on her activities but nothing serious, and I help her whenever she needs it. Once or twice a month she complains about how fat she is, and that's when I reassure her that she is beautiful and I appreciate all her hard work for maintaining her stunningly fat figure. That's really the only time I specifically mention her weight. Usually I just admire her fat in silence, except for my heavy breathing and thumping heart.

Anyway the course of action that has worked best has been simply to treat her with all the respect, dignity and love I can muster. And spoil her every chance I get too. That works for both of us.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
paintsplotch
paint me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveller View Post
Yes and yes.

In over 30 years of marriage I've never told my wife I wanted her to gain weight. We don't talk about her weight much at all. I want her to be happy and healthy in her body, because she has to live in it, not me. I didn't marry her for her fat, I married her for her. Her fat is simply a volutuous package.

However she does love to eat, and her natural weight gain over the years hasn't bothered her. Now that she weighs 400 pounds her weight bothers me in the best way imaginable! It also helps that she knows I am proud to be seen with her. Sometimes when we're at a party or other social gathering I'd love to brag that my wife is the fattest woman in the room, but I know I'd better keep that little enthusiasm to myself.

She has some limitations on her activities but nothing serious, and I help her whenever she needs it. Once or twice a month she complains about how fat she is, and that's when I reassure her that she is beautiful and I appreciate all her hard work for maintaining her stunningly fat figure. That's really the only time I specifically mention her weight. Usually I just admire her fat in silence, except for my heavy breathing and thumping heart.

Anyway the course of action that has worked best has been simply to treat her with all the respect, dignity and love I can muster. And spoil her every chance I get too. That works for both of us.
i envy her as she obviously has someone who adores her "stunningly fat figure". i very much would love to have someone adore mine. ahhh.... :::daydreams:::