Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #26
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
If this site is anything like Plenty of Fish...it's a horrible place and should be avoided at all costs.
POF is like a big joke most of the time.guess most dating sites are.lol alot of people on dating sites aren't sure what they want for starters i think.LOL
Old 04-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

Freedumb can now change their title

Internet dating sites seem to be more miss than hit in my experience. They all seem to be filled to the brim with scammers and fakes.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #28
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

OK cupid has a lot of fun quizzes. Many are fan-created and there are even BBW-FA quizzes but I have yet to see a BHM-FFA quiz.

They have a question bank for your profile, which is the main basis for the % compatibility score. There are some questions in there like "I am willing to date an overweight partner, true or false". Unfortunately, they come up randomly so you might have to answer 200 really stupid questions to get there. You can also assign an importance to the qeustion. Almost all the questions rate zero importance for me.

Ok Cupid is very intelligently designed, but I never found an FFA on it or even "a good cook" which is ALMOST as good as an FFA.

Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I filled out an account just for shits and giggles to see how bad the matches were. One of my first matches, 86%, reported these as 6 things he couldn't live without.

1. Gym
2. Tanning
3. Laundry
4. The Gym
5. Bacon
6. Protien (No, this is not a typo)

Perfect match. He even put the gym TWICE.
How many questions have you answered? I think the matching system gets more accurate with the more questions you have answered. Most of the people I match with have similar interests.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #30
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleeRose View Post
So i just signed up a while ago for this, but is there any way (besides chace) to see if people are fa/ffa's?
there are a few questions you can answer regarding size.

"if one of your potential matches was overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?"

"No, in fact I prefer overweight people. "

This one I came across recently.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMildlyStrangeone View Post
How many questions have you answered? I think the matching system gets more accurate with the more questions you have answered. Most of the people I match with have similar interests.
I answered more and eventually found a guy who's list was as followed:

1. Bacon
2. Bacon
3. Bacon
4. Bacon
5. Sagan
6. Bacon

So yeah. It got better.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #32
TheMildlyStrangeone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I answered more and eventually found a guy who's list was as followed:

1. Bacon
2. Bacon
3. Bacon
4. Bacon
5. Sagan
6. Bacon

So yeah. It got better.
hahaha. I want to meet that fellow. I like how he thinks.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
BrokenCassette

BrokenCassette does more than just post hot picsBrokenCassette does more than just post hot picsBrokenCassette does more than just post hot pics

My old roommate found her boyfriend on OKCupid, but they're both very typically 'thin preppy' people. I like the sites interface, but it does seem that there aren't a ton of big people/ FA/FFAs on there.
BrokenCassette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

I think any "normal" dating site, would not be very FFA/BHM friendly. Most places that I've checked out have been very one sided weight wise. Which makes it a very futile effort to even try those. hopefully there will be a FFA/BHM friendly site eventually.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #35
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedumb View Post
I think any "normal" dating site, would not be very FFA/BHM friendly. Most places that I've checked out have been very one sided weight wise. Which makes it a very futile effort to even try those. hopefully there will be a FFA/BHM friendly site eventually.
My info is couple years out of date, but I recall that even on match.com you can find FFA's. The code phrase seems to be "looking for a teddy bear type". Using "teddy bear" as a search term will reveal some FFA's.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #36
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetbelly View Post
My info is couple years out of date, but I recall that even on match.com you can find FFA's. The code phrase seems to be "looking for a teddy bear type". Using "teddy bear" as a search term will reveal some FFA's.
My match.com profile says....I prefer big men. Heavyset.

LOL I'm very specific.

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #37
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
My match.com profile says....I prefer big men. Heavyset.

LOL I'm very specific.
Great, now I have to make a match.com account so I can perv your profile

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

If all else fails there's always Fantasyfeeder.com

Heck, I even have an ad up on the off chance that something crops up.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #39
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
If all else fails there's always Fantasyfeeder.com

Heck, I even have an ad up on the off chance that something crops up.
Yea, I've done the FF thing, and it kinda freaks me out with the sheer amount of fakes, weirdos and creepers that seem to congregate there. most of the time it seems they're more interested in your fat than you.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #40
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
i agree,most regular sites aren't bbw bhm freindly,and you dont find alot of ffa on there.the ffa bbw bhm sites i have found you usually have to pay to get the good stuff,there's not alot of free ones.the ones i have found that are free are not really active at all.it's a shame really...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #41
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

I met two of my favorite people on this earth on OKCupid, oddly. One of them I dated a while, but it didn't work out. We're great friends, though. The other likes me, a lot, but he says he won't date me 'cause I don't live in the same county and he can't deal with the "distance" (an hour and a half...maybe). Also great friends. Go figure.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #42
deadlysyndrome

deadlysyndrome can now change their title

One of my close friends is in a great relationship right now with a guy she met through OkCupid. It makes me want to try it but I would assume that the success rate of finding someone who you can truly be happy with is extremely slim with all sites of that nature.
deadlysyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #43
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
i've actually met more women off of PoF than OKC and none of them turned out to be anything serious. that's me though, not the sites. the one girl i did meet on OKC though was like a 98% match and her personality was sooo much like my own that we never could have dated. we're still friends though years later.
This oddly enough reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when Jerry dated this woman that was like his exact replica. They got married and then divorced mutually which everyone did not believe was true.

I have a profile on PoF and OKC. Like yourself I got more responses on PoF than OKC. Although my OKC account is only half finished, which I guess explains the lack of interests/messages. On PoF women are very flaky I have noticed, some of then have no idea what they are after.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #44
Dockta_Dockta
Mister Maticus.

Dockta_Dockta can now change their title

I'm on there. I've never braved out enough to find anyone. Just a few random chats with a few people about interests. I think everyone is right though. Just not a lot of BHM's or FFA's on there.
Dockta_Dockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #45
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

I went and made a profile the other day. I've been there 2 days and have already gotten hit by a scammer.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #46
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
On PoF women are very flaky I have noticed, some of then have no idea what they are after.

OMG QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! i have said this time and time again,completely agree!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #47
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
I went and made a profile the other day. I've been there 2 days and have already gotten hit by a scammer.
yes,OKC tends to have more spammers then POF i've noticed...i get hit by a spammer too on OKC once.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #48
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've only had one spammer message me.

My visitor list (and by extension, my inbox) has been DEAD the past 2 or 3 weeks...I don't log in much anymore, anyways.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
I've only had one spammer message me.

My visitor list (and by extension, my inbox) has been DEAD the past 2 or 3 weeks...I don't log in much anymore, anyways.
the spammer that got me turns out she did it to ALOT of people,glad i did some research.LOL but i visited OKC today,sent a message,looked around,just checking things out.lol
Old 04-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #50
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
On PoF women are very flaky I have noticed, some of then have no idea what they are after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
OMG QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! i have said this time and time again,completely agree!
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.

Tags
mr. t, okcupid, relationships