Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #51
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.
Touché, DB.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #52
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.
i agree,im glad i felt i matured at a younger age in a sense.LOL lately i haver been getting some bites on OKC,i have been talking to some decently cool people surprisingly.LOL i used to have better look on POF,but it seems lately,i have had better luck on OKC actually then POF.LOL
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #53
StridentDionysus
Señor Member

StridentDionysus can now change their title

I had a profile for years. Being Mexican it's hard to get anything on these sites populated mostly by Americans and Canadians. Never got a message out of the blue in all those years (I started a few good conversations but with the other person being at least a quarter of the way across the world it was never serious). Never found a good Mexican match (the highest I got was a very pretty girl with 96% but her answer to the questions about body type was always something like "I only mind if they're obese" so.. yeah ). Then OKC got purchased by match.com and I deleted my account.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #54
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
OMG QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! i have said this time and time again,completely agree!
Quote:
Yea, they might as well get on the bus, since most young people don't know what they want out of life. I am almost finishing college, and I am still unsure of what I should do next.

I remember reading an article that I believe tends to explain the flakiness in women in online dating. It said that women given such a plethora of choices tend to jump around through multiple guys at once. So more likely than not you better impress her repeatedly or she will move on to the "better" choice being the more "good looking" guy, since its the way it works in online dating more often than not. From what I have experienced- after a number of days or a week or two of texting/calling its best to move toward meeting depending on your comfort level. Since sticking to just that will likely build up towards disappointment or she will move on, or if she declines or keeps avoiding meeting then chances are it might not be worth it.

Last edited by J34; 05-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
J34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #55
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
Yea, they might as well get on the bus, since most young people don't know what they want out of life. I am almost finishing college, and I am still unsure of what I should do next.

I remember reading an article that I believe tends to explain the flakiness in women in online dating. It said that women given such a plethora of choices tend to jump around through multiple guys at once. So more likely than not you better impress her repeatedly or she will move on to the "better" choice being the more "good looking" guy, since its the way it works in online dating more often than not. From what I have experienced- after a number of days or a week or two of texting/calling its best to move toward meeting depending on your comfort level. Since sticking to just that will likely build up towards disappointment or she will move on, or if she declines or keeps avoiding meeting then chances are it might not be worth it.
not knowing what you want isn't a symptom of youth, it's part of the human condition! we all think we know what we want until it's in our grasps and then we're left wondering "but what if..." it's the exception to the rule those of you out there who are content with what you have.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #56
JulieD

JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
not knowing what you want isn't a symptom of youth, it's part of the human condition! we all think we know what we want until it's in our grasps and then we're left wondering "but what if..." it's the exception to the rule those of you out there who are content with what you have.
I don't know...I think it does have a lot to do with youth and maturity. If you were to ask me 10 yrs ago what I wanted, I would have chosen everyone and everything...but ask me now, i pretty much know what I'm looking for. AND I can tell with in the first few conversations if I'm truly interested or not. For the record, not knowing what you want in your early 20s is not a bad thing. You need to live a little and meet all different kinds of people before you can actually decided what it is you like. That's pretty much with anything in life, how are you going to know you like something or not with out a sample. So, if the girls your age are "flaky" and it feels as if you have to jump through hoops just to impress them, I suggest not doing that. Just be yourself, some will see you for who you are and accept you...if you try to impress someone, and they actually show interest, you have to continue to keep up this impressive stature, and eventually this will grow tiresome for you, and it will be a lot of hard impressive work for nothing. Sometimes, brushing the "flaky" ones away is what you need to do to find the ones that have substance.

But...if you are not "young" and still don't know what you want, its time to pull up the big boy pants and realize that you can't have it all. Life is about making decisions and tough choices, so either start figuring out what you want now, or all that is going to be left are the "flaky" ones...
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #57
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieD View Post
I don't know...I think it does have a lot to do with youth and maturity. If you were to ask me 10 yrs ago what I wanted, I would have chosen everyone and everything...but ask me now, i pretty much know what I'm looking for. AND I can tell with in the first few conversations if I'm truly interested or not. For the record, not knowing what you want in your early 20s is not a bad thing. You need to live a little and meet all different kinds of people before you can actually decided what it is you like. That's pretty much with anything in life, how are you going to know you like something or not with out a sample. So, if the girls your age are "flaky" and it feels as if you have to jump through hoops just to impress them, I suggest not doing that. Just be yourself, some will see you for who you are and accept you...if you try to impress someone, and they actually show interest, you have to continue to keep up this impressive stature, and eventually this will grow tiresome for you, and it will be a lot of hard impressive work for nothing. Sometimes, brushing the "flaky" ones away is what you need to do to find the ones that have substance.

But...if you are not "young" and still don't know what you want, its time to pull up the big boy pants and realize that you can't have it all. Life is about making decisions and tough choices, so either start figuring out what you want now, or all that is going to be left are the "flaky" ones...

you make a good point,but i think people still have the general idea of what they want,ecspecially when it comes to relationships.i understand wanting something but later you find out you really didn't want it,but most people have that general idea by the time there in there 20's,atleast when it comes to relationships i think they do.relationships i have always felt most people know what they want in that department,i have wanted the same thing for years,it hasn't changed yet.guess it could just be me though.LOL
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #58
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
yes! youth has alittle bit to do with not knowing what you want,but it also has to do with the person as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #59
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

I've also never had any luck with any other dating sites except Match.com -- I only get messages from scammers. And Match.com is no success story, but at least I have met a whopping two people there since I joined in 1996.

The only reason I am still there is I am a "charter member" so I have a lifetime free membership. Which given their great track record at getting me dates, really IS lifetime.

It's largely pointless because I am 5'3", and on a dating site, women like short guys only slightly less than guys that have two heads, a huge hunchback, and live in their parents' basement.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #60
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #61
J34

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.
Congrats bro!

I think your story has motivated me to give it another go around. BTW which site is better, OKC or Pof? I heard OKC gives better compatibility with people. but PoF is more used or popular and whatnot. Would like to hear any thoughts on this...
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm on OkCupid, nothing has ever come from it...I get maybe one message a month.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
sweetfrancaise

sweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nnie View Post
I'm on OkCupid, nothing has ever come from it...I get maybe one message a month.
Do you send out messages? I do all the time, there's no harm in it. If they don't respond, then whatevs.

Anyway, what I really mean to say is that I sent one out last week to a guy who kept checking on my profile--he asked for my number, we talked on the phone for three hours. I'm bowled over, this has never happened before. We're supposed to meet for dinner next week, and who knows? It will either be a great bad dating story later or maybe real potential.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #64
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

congrats! glad things have worked out for you
Old 05-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #65
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfrancaise View Post
Do you send out messages? I do all the time, there's no harm in it. If they don't respond, then whatevs.

Anyway, what I really mean to say is that I sent one out last week to a guy who kept checking on my profile--he asked for my number, we talked on the phone for three hours. I'm bowled over, this has never happened before. We're supposed to meet for dinner next week, and who knows? It will either be a great bad dating story later or maybe real potential.
I want this attitude. :-)
Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #66
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:

wow that's awesome man! the best of luck to you!
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #67
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Congrats bro!

I think your story has motivated me to give it another go around. BTW which site is better, OKC or Pof? I heard OKC gives better compatibility with people. but PoF is more used or popular and whatnot. Would like to hear any thoughts on this...

i would have said POF long ago,but now i would definitly say OKC.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #68
bluepersephone

bluepersephone has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsy View Post
Has anyone had any success with this site? I haven't been a member long at all, but it seems like most of the members(or at least all of the ones who's profiles I've seen) don't like big guys/gals.
I've had some luck... but, sadly, there just don't seem to be many big guys in my area that I match with. (I have the same username there if you wanted to check out my profile)
bluepersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #69
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Congrats bro!

I've personally had way better luck on OkCupid than Plenty of Fish. PoF seems to be alot of people looking for one night stands and the like. The problem with both is people who will jerk you around because they're free sites. I just send out messages to whoever grabs my attention even if I feel like they're out of my league. This one worked out and we're now dating. I never thought she would have responded.

Just be yourself, look for similar interests, talk about them, be nice, and push for a meet in person sooner rather than later in a public place. It has made all the difference for me. Just my opinion, though. Different things work for different people.

Best of luck to everyone here!

Love all you guys.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #70
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

Freedumb can now change their title

Quote:
I've personally had way better luck on OkCupid than Plenty of Fish. PoF seems to be alot of people looking for one night stands and the like. The problem with both is people who will jerk you around because they're free sites. I just send out messages to whoever grabs my attention even if I feel like they're out of my league. This one worked out and we're now dating. I never thought she would have responded.

Just be yourself, look for similar interests, talk about them, be nice, and push for a meet in person sooner rather than later in a public place. It has made all the difference for me. Just my opinion, though. Different things work for different people.

Love all you guys.
I'm glad it's worked out well for you. I've been blasting messages out and so far, no luck. hopefully it starts to pickup some.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #71
J34

Quote:

Love all you guys.
I noticed that if you keep messaging after a number of weeks you have to pull the trigger. If you keep messaging then its just going to build up this perfect image of the person, then when you meet its bound to be a letdown (sometimes). Its better to do it sooner than later since there is always some other guy doing the same.

Most people on PoF are also on OKC. Many people have told me the compatibility % works very well.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #72
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Most people on PoF are also on OKC. Many people have told me the compatibility % works very well.
yes very true.most people on dating sites are on most other dating sites.as you say most people on OKC ARE on POF,and all other free dating sites for that matter.sometimes you run into the same people on POF though,sometimes it seems like OKC gets more new members sometimes.LOL OKC has more cool features,and the match system is much better then POF.alot of OKC members respond back to you alot more it seems,then POF people do,overally it just feels more effort and thought was put into OKC over POF.but you can't be free things.LOL although you always get more from a paying site,you get what you pay for indeed.LOL
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #73
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

im as yet undecided but its a bit of fun and i was found by an old work friend so, not to bad so far.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #74
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedumb View Post
I'm glad it's worked out well for you. I've been blasting messages out and so far, no luck. hopefully it starts to pickup some.

Think about it like sales. If you do cold calls in sales and get 1 out of 100 responding--you're doing well. There are a lot more guys on these sites than girls so you have to use power in numbers.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #75
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

Freedumb can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMildlyStrangeone View Post
Think about it like sales. If you do cold calls in sales and get 1 out of 100 responding--you're doing well. There are a lot more guys on these sites than girls so you have to use power in numbers.
I think it more or less has to do with the area I live in. Sacramento/Bay Area isn't fat friendly really. But I agree with you, just getting one back is definitely better than nothing at all.

Tags
mr. t, okcupid, relationships