Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #51
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 3,068
Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.
Touché, DB.
__________________
--Breaking British--
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #52
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.
i agree,im glad i felt i matured at a younger age in a sense.LOL lately i haver been getting some bites on OKC,i have been talking to some decently cool people surprisingly.LOL i used to have better look on POF,but it seems lately,i have had better luck on OKC actually then POF.LOL
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #53
StridentDionysus
Señor Member
 
StridentDionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 316
StridentDionysus can now change their title
Default

I had a profile for years. Being Mexican it's hard to get anything on these sites populated mostly by Americans and Canadians. Never got a message out of the blue in all those years (I started a few good conversations but with the other person being at least a quarter of the way across the world it was never serious). Never found a good Mexican match (the highest I got was a very pretty girl with 96% but her answer to the questions about body type was always something like "I only mind if they're obese" so.. yeah ). Then OKC got purchased by match.com and I deleted my account.

__________________
:bow:
StridentDionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #54
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
 
J34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 818
J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
OMG QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! i have said this time and time again,completely agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post
MOST - not all obviously, but most - women your age are still little girls trying to grow up and they don't know what they really want from relationships or even the world.
Yea, they might as well get on the bus, since most young people don't know what they want out of life. I am almost finishing college, and I am still unsure of what I should do next.

I remember reading an article that I believe tends to explain the flakiness in women in online dating. It said that women given such a plethora of choices tend to jump around through multiple guys at once. So more likely than not you better impress her repeatedly or she will move on to the "better" choice being the more "good looking" guy, since its the way it works in online dating more often than not. From what I have experienced- after a number of days or a week or two of texting/calling its best to move toward meeting depending on your comfort level. Since sticking to just that will likely build up towards disappointment or she will move on, or if she declines or keeps avoiding meeting then chances are it might not be worth it.
__________________
(O_o)

Last edited by J34; 05-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
J34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #55
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!
 
FishCharming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Nickel City
Posts: 1,922
FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
Yea, they might as well get on the bus, since most young people don't know what they want out of life. I am almost finishing college, and I am still unsure of what I should do next.

I remember reading an article that I believe tends to explain the flakiness in women in online dating. It said that women given such a plethora of choices tend to jump around through multiple guys at once. So more likely than not you better impress her repeatedly or she will move on to the "better" choice being the more "good looking" guy, since its the way it works in online dating more often than not. From what I have experienced- after a number of days or a week or two of texting/calling its best to move toward meeting depending on your comfort level. Since sticking to just that will likely build up towards disappointment or she will move on, or if she declines or keeps avoiding meeting then chances are it might not be worth it.
not knowing what you want isn't a symptom of youth, it's part of the human condition! we all think we know what we want until it's in our grasps and then we're left wondering "but what if..." it's the exception to the rule those of you out there who are content with what you have.
__________________
"All you need is ignorance and confidence and success is sure." ;)
Mark Twain
FishCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #56
JulieD
 
JulieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 731
JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
not knowing what you want isn't a symptom of youth, it's part of the human condition! we all think we know what we want until it's in our grasps and then we're left wondering "but what if..." it's the exception to the rule those of you out there who are content with what you have.
I don't know...I think it does have a lot to do with youth and maturity. If you were to ask me 10 yrs ago what I wanted, I would have chosen everyone and everything...but ask me now, i pretty much know what I'm looking for. AND I can tell with in the first few conversations if I'm truly interested or not. For the record, not knowing what you want in your early 20s is not a bad thing. You need to live a little and meet all different kinds of people before you can actually decided what it is you like. That's pretty much with anything in life, how are you going to know you like something or not with out a sample. So, if the girls your age are "flaky" and it feels as if you have to jump through hoops just to impress them, I suggest not doing that. Just be yourself, some will see you for who you are and accept you...if you try to impress someone, and they actually show interest, you have to continue to keep up this impressive stature, and eventually this will grow tiresome for you, and it will be a lot of hard impressive work for nothing. Sometimes, brushing the "flaky" ones away is what you need to do to find the ones that have substance.

But...if you are not "young" and still don't know what you want, its time to pull up the big boy pants and realize that you can't have it all. Life is about making decisions and tough choices, so either start figuring out what you want now, or all that is going to be left are the "flaky" ones...
__________________
FAKE PEOPLE SUCK
JulieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #57
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieD View Post
I don't know...I think it does have a lot to do with youth and maturity. If you were to ask me 10 yrs ago what I wanted, I would have chosen everyone and everything...but ask me now, i pretty much know what I'm looking for. AND I can tell with in the first few conversations if I'm truly interested or not. For the record, not knowing what you want in your early 20s is not a bad thing. You need to live a little and meet all different kinds of people before you can actually decided what it is you like. That's pretty much with anything in life, how are you going to know you like something or not with out a sample. So, if the girls your age are "flaky" and it feels as if you have to jump through hoops just to impress them, I suggest not doing that. Just be yourself, some will see you for who you are and accept you...if you try to impress someone, and they actually show interest, you have to continue to keep up this impressive stature, and eventually this will grow tiresome for you, and it will be a lot of hard impressive work for nothing. Sometimes, brushing the "flaky" ones away is what you need to do to find the ones that have substance.

But...if you are not "young" and still don't know what you want, its time to pull up the big boy pants and realize that you can't have it all. Life is about making decisions and tough choices, so either start figuring out what you want now, or all that is going to be left are the "flaky" ones...

you make a good point,but i think people still have the general idea of what they want,ecspecially when it comes to relationships.i understand wanting something but later you find out you really didn't want it,but most people have that general idea by the time there in there 20's,atleast when it comes to relationships i think they do.relationships i have always felt most people know what they want in that department,i have wanted the same thing for years,it hasn't changed yet.guess it could just be me though.LOL
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #58
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
not knowing what you want isn't a symptom of youth, it's part of the human condition! we all think we know what we want until it's in our grasps and then we're left wondering "but what if..." it's the exception to the rule those of you out there who are content with what you have.
yes! youth has alittle bit to do with not knowing what you want,but it also has to do with the person as well.
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #59
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 246
AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics
Default

I've also never had any luck with any other dating sites except Match.com -- I only get messages from scammers. And Match.com is no success story, but at least I have met a whopping two people there since I joined in 1996.

The only reason I am still there is I am a "charter member" so I have a lifetime free membership. Which given their great track record at getting me dates, really IS lifetime.

It's largely pointless because I am 5'3", and on a dating site, women like short guys only slightly less than guys that have two heads, a huge hunchback, and live in their parents' basement.
__________________
Dawn, n.: The time of day when men of reason go to bed. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
AZ_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #60
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek
 
Ninja Glutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 1,621
Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #61
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
 
J34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 818
J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.
Congrats bro!

I think your story has motivated me to give it another go around. BTW which site is better, OKC or Pof? I heard OKC gives better compatibility with people. but PoF is more used or popular and whatnot. Would like to hear any thoughts on this...
__________________
(O_o)
J34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
b0nnie
 
b0nnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 227
b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

I'm on OkCupid, nothing has ever come from it...I get maybe one message a month.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #63
sweetfrancaise
 
sweetfrancaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 335
sweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetfrancaise knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nnie View Post
I'm on OkCupid, nothing has ever come from it...I get maybe one message a month.
Do you send out messages? I do all the time, there's no harm in it. If they don't respond, then whatevs.

Anyway, what I really mean to say is that I sent one out last week to a guy who kept checking on my profile--he asked for my number, we talked on the phone for three hours. I'm bowled over, this has never happened before. We're supposed to meet for dinner next week, and who knows? It will either be a great bad dating story later or maybe real potential.
__________________
“I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.”--Charlotte Brontë
sweetfrancaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #64
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!
 
FishCharming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Nickel City
Posts: 1,922
FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.
congrats! glad things have worked out for you
__________________
"All you need is ignorance and confidence and success is sure." ;)
Mark Twain
FishCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #65
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
 
Hozay J Garseeya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,158
Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfrancaise View Post
Do you send out messages? I do all the time, there's no harm in it. If they don't respond, then whatevs.

Anyway, what I really mean to say is that I sent one out last week to a guy who kept checking on my profile--he asked for my number, we talked on the phone for three hours. I'm bowled over, this has never happened before. We're supposed to meet for dinner next week, and who knows? It will either be a great bad dating story later or maybe real potential.
I want this attitude. :-)
__________________
Don't judge me based on your ignorance :wubu:
Hozay J Garseeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #66
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
For the record, I'm here to officially vouch for OkCupid. Just a week ago, I met a gal who I thought was way out of my league, and she actually responded that same day. We've been talking ever since and we had our first date that turned into a sleepover last night.

There are amazing people on there. If you use correct grammar and act like yourself, you're bound to find someone amazing. I couldn't be happier right now. There's no harm in taking a chance.

wow that's awesome man! the best of luck to you!
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #67
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
Congrats bro!

I think your story has motivated me to give it another go around. BTW which site is better, OKC or Pof? I heard OKC gives better compatibility with people. but PoF is more used or popular and whatnot. Would like to hear any thoughts on this...

i would have said POF long ago,but now i would definitly say OKC.
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #68
bluepersephone
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 3
bluepersephone has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsy View Post
Has anyone had any success with this site? I haven't been a member long at all, but it seems like most of the members(or at least all of the ones who's profiles I've seen) don't like big guys/gals.
I've had some luck... but, sadly, there just don't seem to be many big guys in my area that I match with. (I have the same username there if you wanted to check out my profile)
bluepersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #69
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek
 
Ninja Glutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 1,621
Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
Congrats bro!

I think your story has motivated me to give it another go around. BTW which site is better, OKC or Pof? I heard OKC gives better compatibility with people. but PoF is more used or popular and whatnot. Would like to hear any thoughts on this...
I've personally had way better luck on OkCupid than Plenty of Fish. PoF seems to be alot of people looking for one night stands and the like. The problem with both is people who will jerk you around because they're free sites. I just send out messages to whoever grabs my attention even if I feel like they're out of my league. This one worked out and we're now dating. I never thought she would have responded.

Just be yourself, look for similar interests, talk about them, be nice, and push for a meet in person sooner rather than later in a public place. It has made all the difference for me. Just my opinion, though. Different things work for different people.

Best of luck to everyone here!

Love all you guys.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #70
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!
 
Freedumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 125
Freedumb can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
I've personally had way better luck on OkCupid than Plenty of Fish. PoF seems to be alot of people looking for one night stands and the like. The problem with both is people who will jerk you around because they're free sites. I just send out messages to whoever grabs my attention even if I feel like they're out of my league. This one worked out and we're now dating. I never thought she would have responded.

Just be yourself, look for similar interests, talk about them, be nice, and push for a meet in person sooner rather than later in a public place. It has made all the difference for me. Just my opinion, though. Different things work for different people.

Best of luck to everyone here!

Love all you guys.
I'm glad it's worked out well for you. I've been blasting messages out and so far, no luck. hopefully it starts to pickup some.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Freedumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #71
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
 
J34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 818
J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
I've personally had way better luck on OkCupid than Plenty of Fish. PoF seems to be alot of people looking for one night stands and the like. The problem with both is people who will jerk you around because they're free sites. I just send out messages to whoever grabs my attention even if I feel like they're out of my league. This one worked out and we're now dating. I never thought she would have responded.

Just be yourself, look for similar interests, talk about them, be nice, and push for a meet in person sooner rather than later in a public place. It has made all the difference for me. Just my opinion, though. Different things work for different people.

Best of luck to everyone here!

Love all you guys.
I noticed that if you keep messaging after a number of weeks you have to pull the trigger. If you keep messaging then its just going to build up this perfect image of the person, then when you meet its bound to be a letdown (sometimes). Its better to do it sooner than later since there is always some other guy doing the same.

Most people on PoF are also on OKC. Many people have told me the compatibility % works very well.
__________________
(O_o)
J34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #72
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up
 
HeavyDuty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,030
HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
Most people on PoF are also on OKC. Many people have told me the compatibility % works very well.
yes very true.most people on dating sites are on most other dating sites.as you say most people on OKC ARE on POF,and all other free dating sites for that matter.sometimes you run into the same people on POF though,sometimes it seems like OKC gets more new members sometimes.LOL OKC has more cool features,and the match system is much better then POF.alot of OKC members respond back to you alot more it seems,then POF people do,overally it just feels more effort and thought was put into OKC over POF.but you can't be free things.LOL although you always get more from a paying site,you get what you pay for indeed.LOL
__________________
Life is a bitter pill to swallow...Ya gotta hold on to what you believe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #73
biglynch
 
biglynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Luton and London
Posts: 1,322
biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

im as yet undecided but its a bit of fun and i was found by an old work friend so, not to bad so far.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #74
TheMildlyStrangeone
 
TheMildlyStrangeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 595
TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedumb View Post
I'm glad it's worked out well for you. I've been blasting messages out and so far, no luck. hopefully it starts to pickup some.

Think about it like sales. If you do cold calls in sales and get 1 out of 100 responding--you're doing well. There are a lot more guys on these sites than girls so you have to use power in numbers.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #75
Freedumb
RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!
 
Freedumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 125
Freedumb can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMildlyStrangeone View Post
Think about it like sales. If you do cold calls in sales and get 1 out of 100 responding--you're doing well. There are a lot more guys on these sites than girls so you have to use power in numbers.
I think it more or less has to do with the area I live in. Sacramento/Bay Area isn't fat friendly really. But I agree with you, just getting one back is definitely better than nothing at all.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Freedumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mr. t, okcupid, relationships

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.