Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Frankhw
BBW Betty's HD Teddy Bear

Frankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Easter almond bark pretzels

I came down with the urge to make almond bark covered pretzels for the Easter season and thought I'd at least share a picture of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easter Pretzels.jpg (114.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

recipe please!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Frankhw
BBW Betty's HD Teddy Bear

Frankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this board

This was an experiment so there is no real recipe but here are the ingredients I used for this batch.

1lb bag honey wheat braid pretzels.

4lbs almond bark candy coating.

food coloring(you don't really need the coloring but I wanted to make them look more festive. I suggest the McCormick brand.
The orange color I used was an off brand and it made the coating go from smooth, to chunky and dry looking.)

Left over pastel candy hearts for decoration.

Wax paper and a cookie sheet or drying rack for setting the pretzels on after coating them.

Divide the almond bark into separate blocks one for each color you want to make.

Melt the coating in a double boiler and add the colored dye of your choice.

Dip the pretzels in the coating and place them on the wax paper.

IMPORTANT, if you are going to add sprinkles to the coating you will need to do so every 2-3 pretzels or the coating
will dry enough that the sprinkles won't stick.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sounds very doable. And they look very festive. Thanks, Frank!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OoOooo what a fantastic idea

I like to melt chocolate and dip fruit (strawberries ) and pretzels in it.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

Those look so good!
Kamily is offline   Reply With Quote