Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep
Default FA Middle Class

This is an idea from an old thread. Do FA/FFA's have anything else in common except a desire for a fat partner. .

The only one I can think of is an ability to accept themselves and think outside the box. Also maybe there is a streak of independance or geekyness or both?

Thoughts?
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
This is an idea from an old thread. Do FA/FFA's have anything else in common except a desire for a fat partner?
Judging from the arguments on this board, I'd say the answer is a resounding "NO".
Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

This reminds me of something one of the ladies here once said. I think she said something like: "If you put 20 guess in a line in front of me and told me one was an FA, I'd bet money every time that it's the weirdest looking one in the group."

I laughed, and also saw truth in it.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
TimeTraveller
Not Enough Hours in Day

Location: Small town Illinois guy now in the big city of Chicago
TimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
This is an idea from an old thread. Do FA/FFA's have anything else in common except a desire for a fat partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Judging from the arguments on this board, I'd say the answer is a resounding "NO".
That's my experience too, but it's normal with any special interest group. It's no surprise. I don't have much in common with most history or music or science buffs I meet in other forums either, apart from our shared interests, but it's still nice to discuss our those interests and then move on to other aspects of our lives.

I come here because after 30-plus years of marriage I still think my supersize wife is the hottest woman on the planet. I don't need anybody's approval or permission to find her obesity incredibly sexy, but sometimes it's just so refreshing to interact with a community where we can openly express attraction for huge hanging bellies, extra big butts, fat curvy arms and legs etc. Let's face it, most of my regular friends and co-workers would have no idea what I'm talking about, if I rhapsodized that my idea of "great expections" was on a cruise a couple months ago when my wife brought a certain outfit she hadn't worn for a few years, and during formal night I thought the seams, buttons and zippers might rip any minute under the strain of her huge gorgeous rolls of fat!

Here I can talk about it, and it's also great to pick up helpful hints on how to make her life more fat-friendly. However, just as my lust for her fat is only one of the many reasons I fell in love with my wife, fat admiration is only one aspect of my life. It's important, but it's only one detail in a much larger picture.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
This reminds me of something one of the ladies here once said. I think she said something like: "If you put 20 guess in a line in front of me and told me one was an FA, I'd bet money every time that it's the weirdest looking one in the group."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I've met some pretty hot FA. Mostly not though :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello404 View Post
lmfao Its the truth.There are a few rare 10's but most of the FA's Ive come in contact with are very normal or eccentric looking.Which is fine..I believe people who are considered hot by societies standards who are closeted FAs never cross over.
I've met a lot of hot guys into fat chicks. Most of them don't know the lingo of 'FA' but they know fat chicks turn them on. I dated a few of them. Lucky bastards.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
mithrandirjn

mithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized rep

Quote:

That's definitely something I find very interesting, and something that I can't exactly say is wrong. I was at a BBW party awhile back and was asked by the woman running it if I was there on a bet. I said "why would you ask that?", and she told me that's what people around the room were guessing, which makes me guess they thought I was too attractive, socially at ease, or something else that made me stick out somehow.

I think there's a number of reasons this might be the perception. For starters, being a FA can make one feel awkward in some social situations; maybe this lasts for long stretches in some of our lives, never feeling full comfortable with the preference, and so when some FA's finally get the chance to embrace their preference they're not exactly very smooth about it.

In other cases, I figure that potential FA's who are considered "mainstream" physically attractive often don't have trouble finding "mainstream attractive" romantic interests, and thus sometimes don't even take the time to realize that they may prefer bigger men/women. That's not a great explanation, but I do think it's a feasible one.

I can also safely say from going to a number of bash parties that often I don't see a whole lot of FA's getting on the dance floor. This may tie back into point #1, inexperience with being in a situation where you can actually embrace your preferences.

Point is, I think there's a number of reasons this can be the case. I like to think I'm fighting the stereotype myself , but these stereotypes do have to come from somewhere.
mithrandirjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Seeing as how we're on the subject, I'll chime in. Perhaps it is just my cynicism but I honestly think it is because people still believe FAism is some weird, perverse, or otherwise morphed view of attraction.

People don't believe that a super hot guy is an FA because being an FA is considered weird as it is not the "norm".

As such, if a guy is super hot and interested in fat women a possible assumption that some people will take is (as mentioned previously) "oh he was bribed to be there" or "Oh, he's so caring, loving her despite her weight" as if no sexy man would ever be an FA or find a fat women sexy because if he's sexy then he either must not have trouble finding a normal date or is not socially awkward or weird and therefore couldn't POSSIBLY be one.

If you talked to people from all walks of life though, you'll realise that there really isn't any norm. In fact, human fetishism and preference varies wildly so to assume that a person must not be an FA because they're socially awkward or weird is quite an assumption.

Hell, there's also more to it than that though. Even in society not everyone you see is going to be a 10 on the sexy scale.

The same can be applied to FAs, not every FA is going to be downright sexy because lets face it, the 10s aren't everywhere you look, if they were, you wouldn't be calling them 10s.

So to find a 10 who's an FA is rare just like finding a 10 who is [insert specified minority subculture HERE] going to be a tough thing.

Because 10s are a dime in a dozen.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
MrRabbit

MrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
"If you put 20 guess in a line in front of me and told me one was an FA, I'd bet money every time that it's the weirdest looking one in the group."
When I was a late teenager/early 20's, this was certainly true for me. I was a shy, very nerdy guy. However, now that's no longer the case. I have matured and became more confident. Sure, I am still a bit nerdy from time to time, but I don't think they would single me out as the FA.
MrRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like the fact that a fair amount of stereotypical FA's are nerdy and geeky and weirdy, because thats the guys I go for. My boyfriend is a massive geeky lanky weirdo but I love him to pieces because:

a) geeky is my thing, and if they ain't geeky, they're not for me. (For the fact is i've been brought up as a massive geek)
b) I've always gone for the lanky skinny guys, they're just so much cuter in my opinion ^_^. More to fling about too. I love giving piggie backs and bearhugging them lol.
c) Weirdo is a plus because then they will understand my weirdness too
Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #10
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I believe there is an overriding reason why so many geeks are FAs/FAs are geeks: geeks think for themselves. I see this every day in my students: the geeky ones have a kind of integrity that comes from thinking through the questions of what they believe in and what they value. Very often they are rebels against the dominant paradigm ... but they are quiet rebels.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
... but they are quiet rebels.
Fuck yes! TOTALLY agree
Old 05-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
I like the fact that a fair amount of stereotypical FA's are nerdy and geeky and weirdy, because thats the guys I go for. My boyfriend is a massive geeky lanky weirdo but I love him to pieces because:

a) geeky is my thing, and if they ain't geeky, they're not for me. (For the fact is i've been brought up as a massive geek)
b) I've always gone for the lanky skinny guys, they're just so much cuter in my opinion ^_^. More to fling about too. I love giving piggie backs and bearhugging them lol.
c) Weirdo is a plus because then they will understand my weirdness too
I love BHMs because I absolutely LOVE being cuddled. I love that they can bearhug me. And so many of them love being able to pick my 5'3", 130 lb self up. It's kind of a giggle moment for us both.

(And I'm pretty geeky. For many reasons. And weird, also for a lot of reasons.)
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I believe there is an overriding reason why so many geeks are FAs/FAs are geeks: geeks think for themselves. I see this every day in my students: the geeky ones have a kind of integrity that comes from thinking through the questions of what they believe in and what they value. Very often they are rebels against the dominant paradigm ... but they are quiet rebels.
I agree with the Doctor. Another aspect of this is that geeks don't care as much about what other people think of them. We were never part of the "cool kids", so we don't crave that kind of acceptance like most people do. It may not be true that geeks are more likely to be FAs, but I believe that if a geek is an FA, he or she is more likely to be open about it. That is why you will encounter more geek FAs than non-geek FAs.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #14
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
I agree with the Doctor. Another aspect of this is that geeks don't care as much about what other people think of them. We were never part of the "cool kids", so we don't crave that kind of acceptance like most people do. It may not be true that geeks are more likely to be FAs, but I believe that if a geek is an FA, he or she is more likely to be open about it. That is why you will encounter more geek FAs than non-geek FAs.
I'm not gonna get into the "non-geek FAs might be more often closeted" idea that this gives me, but I am gonna mention that THIS geeky guy does crave acceptance, but only from the one person whose opinion matters in this regard. It's something I'd want embraced and enjoyed, never just tolerated or worse, put-up-with.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, the FA's I have known are usually not concerned with what other people think. Their taste in women, as well as most other things, were rarely influenced by popular opinion.

Also while chatting with tons of FAs online I did find something rather interesting.

There were 3 kinds of FAs I came across again and again.

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer

Most of the guys I talked to were one of these three things.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

I'd add to/modify that. The wrestling/bodybuilding/gym guy...maybe lump that in with NASCAR as they're all kinda manly things?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
john_in_indy

john_in_indy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer

Sounds like a good poll question:

FAs, are you:

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer
other
I'm the Engineer.
john_in_indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #18
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_in_indy View Post

FAs, are you:

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer
other
I'm the Engineer.
I'm also the Engineer, and so is Bill Fabrey (the founder of NAAFA). I know one FA who is the Nascar guy. And we have several talented Artists who post their work here from time to time, so I guess that covers it.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #19
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Well, the FA's I have known are usually not concerned with what other people think. Their taste in women, as well as most other things, were rarely influenced by popular opinion.

Also while chatting with tons of FAs online I did find something rather interesting.

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer

You forgot chess geeks

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #20
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

FAs, are you:

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer
other
I'm the Engineer.
Nice, Lamia. I definitely agree with these categories quite a bit, inasmuch as we are talking about white guys in particular. (And I'd broaden the "Engineer" one to include tech-guys of all stripes, like IT, etc.) But I found that in dating guys of other races, these narrow categories just don't seem to apply in the same way.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #21
Fox

Fox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 club

Quote:

FAs, are you:

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer
other
I'm the Engineer.
I even fit into one of these categories already. XD Artist

Last edited by Fox; 05-03-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

The Nascar guy
The Poet Dreamer/Artist
The Engineer

You got it, I'm an Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
You forgot chess geeks
I'm an chess player too
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #23
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Give me the poet dreamer/artist any day.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #24
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm geeky, I *heart* engineers.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd resent such simple classifications......except that I am an engineer....