Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 04-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
BeachLovinBBW

BeachLovinBBW can now change their title
Talking Best BBW matchmaking site?

Hello! I am newly single after 14 years. (AUGH!!!!) I am ready to date, maybe have a relationship, not sure the marriage thing is ever for me again, but I am now, finally ready to have some fun again. I have two friends who are having a ball with personal ads on mainstream sights. One is a "mainstream" girl, the other is a bbw. My gf who is the bbw is on plentyoffish.com. She is having lots of fun, but no relationship yet. Anyway, she convinced me to post an ad there.

My first ad had one pic of my face, but did say under body type BBW, but I guess not all guys know what that means. Anyway, there was a cute guy who sent me an "I want to meet you." poke. I don't really respond to that because I think it is just plain respect to send someone a note and try to get to know them. Anyway, his ad was HILARIOUS!!!! One of the funniest I had ever seen!!! So I sent him a quick note saying that. Right after he added a section to his ad that said "Weight: fun size not super size." DUDE, you contacted ME!!!!!!! Hello????? Anyway, it is frustrating.

I revamped my add with more pics (one being full body and one being of a small, subtle tat I have since both of these things seem to be deal breakers), but now I am thinking I should just have an ad on a sight where I know I will be accepted. I would love to hear others experiences and recommendations. TIA!!!!
BeachLovinBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ive had NO luck on BBW dating sites at all... but more mainstream ones have been great. OK-Cupid has been the best for me. Plenty of fish has been decent, but when it's been called "the bootycall site"... well... let's not try to put much faith into that site

Of course, a lot of people will disagree with OK Cupid, but personally, I've met the best people on there. Well... the best dates, I mean, lol. And I still am meeting and chatting with some good people from there.

I guess it would be a more "try and see" thing when it comes to dating sites. I guess my luck with OK Cupid comes from the fact that all the good people I met from there actually had something in their profiles about liking larger ladies. I might've just gotten lucky, though.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've primarily used OKC, eHarmony, and another lifestyle personals site (that has nothing to do with fat people). I've gotten the best quality responses on OKC.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The BBW dating sites I've checked out have a REALLY low level of activity for Australia, so I gave up on them.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

BBW-specific sites are mostly a no-go for me since there's essentially no one local for me. Echoing the nod for OKCupid, though.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in

Before I got married,I met 2 gentleman on a BBW site called biggorgeouswomen.com.We went out several times and they were very nice but too far from where I lived to start something serious.Did not meet my husband on their,he was from the same town,little did I know!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I met a few decent guys from Large And Lovely and had some enjoyable dates. I had signed up for several sites, just to put feelers out, and I got some really odd ducks from most others. Sadly, there aren't many people at all on that site.

Dims has been my best place - or worst, depending on your perspective - to meet men, even if that wasn't my original intent. It even got me back in touch with a couple of exes, one of which is a very close friend again.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Guerrilla

Guerrilla has said some nice things

One site you might like to try is bbwfinder.com which is part of the Tangowire network. Granted I haven't been in the online dating world in awhile but I met some really cool people and made some great relationships from that site.
Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #9
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
One site you might like to try is bbwfinder.com which is part of the Tangowire network. Granted I haven't been in the online dating world in awhile but I met some really cool people and made some great relationships from that site.
I echo the Tangowire suggestion. If you join through any of the BBW branches, it connects to all the others. I remember there being a good variety of people on there.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #10
J_Underscore

J_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot pics

How about trying www.bbwchatzone.com? Its not a dating site, its a BBW community site but you could join a few groups and be friends with a few members and maybe find something.

Might not be the best idea, but its a thought
J_Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
docilej

docilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdocilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default how about here?

I wish this site had a search engine where you can search for people by location. That would be cool.
docilej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docilej View Post
I wish this site had a search engine where you can search for people by location. That would be cool.
Well there is the "Events" section where people check in by geographical area. It seems to me that most of the people that are up for meeting in person have signed into the appropriate thread in that section at some point.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
The BBW dating sites I've checked out have a REALLY low level of activity for Australia, so I gave up on them.
I seem to get nothing BUT Australian men on the one I'm on. I counted 14 messages and/or "interests" in the last month. Maybe they want to emigrate to the States or something.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
I seem to get nothing BUT Australian men on the one I'm on. I counted 14 messages and/or "interests" in the last month. Maybe they want to emigrate to the States or something.
Where were they when I had my profiles active??
Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Where were they when I had my profiles active??
Ha, I don't know! But if you like, I can pass them along to you.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #16
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
Ha, I don't know! But if you like, I can pass them along to you.
lol thanks, but I'll pass for now. I'm not actively using any of those sites for now, so it's their loss :P
Old 05-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #17
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

wow no one mentioned bbwsingles.com
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #18
phatpanther18

phatpanther18 has said some nice things

iam still looking but thank you every one for the name of these sites you gave, more searching for me .the ones i can tell you are mostly the site to avoid Chubby Parade, cubbyfishing . ones a bottycall site the other has no action going and most of the people i talk to there don't talk to me anymore so it a bumer
phatpanther18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
JulieD

JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

passions.com network... they have dating sites for any interest... www.largepassions.com is for bbw/bhm
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
PewterBunny

PewterBunny can now change their title
Default Maybe its me...

I'm not sure about the best website to post on...I've tried several, but I'm assuming my UN-luck has something to do with the somewhat dryness of my self descriptions. I however do not want to attract just a "booty call", but I don't know how to say I love to have fun, without someone taking it the wrong way...So I steer clear of anything remotely sexy. sigh...whats a BBW to do??
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i'm on one called bbwchatzone, but have had no luck whatsoever...hoping i can just find someone in real life and not have to bother with the whole online dating epic fails
Old 07-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
GlassDaemon

GlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot pics

Dating sites can be a lot of fun and very successful but you have to be very, very picky, set up your outline of what's acceptable and what isn't and don't make exceptions I don't care how cute they look, pictures are deceptive anyway. When I started I would not even consider guys that smoked, did drugs, or had kids (I actually failed on my requirements but it was an accident I'll explain after). They were deal breakers for me, most people who do drugs, want you to do drugs. I don't really have a problem with drugs, I just don't personally want to be involved with them, I don't even want to be around them, that's no fun for me. I hate cigarette smoke, it's nasty and it makes me cough up lungs. Kids I was scared of becoming mommy.

The second key is patience, you're not going to find Mr. Right on the first try, maybe not even the first hundred. What's more you need to be active, you can't just wait for them to come to you, you need to be animate about messaging people, you cannot be afraid of rejection.

Be creative, trust me when I tell you the last four hundred people's message said "Hi, how are you?" Or some variation of that. My trick was to pick out something in their profile that stuck out at me and my first message would be regarding that. If they watched cartoons I'd ask them what their favorite was and then tell mine. If they played video games I'd ask them what kind and then I'd say what I play. If they play the guitar I'd ask them for how long, or what kind of music.

I went on dates with probably around a dozen people, not exaggerating, and we didn't click. There are enough problems with not find people that making exceptions for things you know you don't like is just lowing your odds of finding someone and actually wasting time.

Now, hypocritical of me, my current boyfriend of almost 2 years I met from plentyoffish.com he smokes and has a daughter lol. For the life of me I cannot remember what he said to me but it struck a cord and I honestly forgot to check his profile. I got so into talking to him that when I finally met him and he whipped out a cig I was like "Wait what?" Regardless, he's extremely considerate about it and I'm so glad he has a daughter. The little girl is an eye opener for me and I love her to pieces!

I personally felt Okcupid was more put together, but I seemed to have more luck on plentyoffish which sometimes felt messy to me.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Dimensions is a fantastic place to meet someone. I dated a number of really great gals in the past. Usually I would meet them in the chat room.

Honestly, I would think that any quality singles site would be fine to meet somebody. After all, before we are fat, skinny, short or tall, were just regular people.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #24
*Ravenous*
Fixed and brakeless

*Ravenous* can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersizebbw View Post
i'm on one called bbwchatzone, but have had no luck whatsoever...hoping i can just find someone in real life and not have to bother with the whole online dating epic fails
I agree! I would really just like to meet in person with someone than to go through all these profiles and such
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #25
SweetNYLady
Immutable Dreamer

SweetNYLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSweetNYLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I ditto this comment. It took some time but I met my current boyfriend of over a year and a half there and I couldn't be happier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
That leaves you feeling sideways.
Tripping over my own feet
Trying to walk to my own beat
Another car out on the street
trying to find the highway
Yeah, Are you going my way?"

-- Story of My Life by Bon Jovi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SweetNYLady is offline   Reply With Quote