Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 04-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default When does a girl-crush or bromance become something more?

Hello lovelies!

I see the terms "girl crush" and to a lesser extent, "bromance" thrown around quite a bit, especially from one primarily heterosexual-identified person to another. I have also noticed quite a few comments saying how one would be all over someone else if they are gay or of the other gender.

What do those terms mean to you? How do they differ from a normal crush?

Have any of you acted on such attractions? When does a girl crush or bromance become something more?

I'd love to hear your opinions!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

For me, the terms seem more like an endearment than a real term. In fact, I was the one who called a relationship between these two guys (who I'm friends with) a "bromance" which is a term they've continued with.

To me, it's just an instant bond between people of the same sex, that if people didn't know their real sexual orientation, they'd almost believe they were a couple. That's about as far as I would take it.

When does it go past these "terms of endearment" and into a deeper territory? I think when there's an emotional tug at the heart when a physical action happens... Like a hug that lasts a little too long, or something like that. I think that's the first tell-tale sign that it's more than just a "friendly" kind of thing.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I refer to women I admire as my girl-crushes. I have a lot of girl-crushes. LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I use the term girl-crush it's generally a girl that I find really attractive and sexually appealing... like, want to touch and lock lips!

I can't really imagine that developing in to more for me, only because I really enjoy men both personality wise and physically. I think the hottest things about men are always going to beat the hottest thing about a hot woman to me... so the boys win.

Cors? Girl-crush worthy for sure.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cors---yes! I second that!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
What do those terms mean to you? How do they differ from a normal crush?
I think of them as being people you admire and like but aren't sexually attracted to, and usually with straight people. Maybe it grows into being something more, but usually it's all the aspects of a sexual based crush without the sexual attraction. I guess more along the lines of 'omg this person is awesome, I just want to be around them and like them.'
Old 04-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
lovelylady78

lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think the use of the terms vary a bit for me.

In some instances, I use it the way that CastingPearls indicated: women who I admire and look up to and who I feel have amazing and wonderful qualities. In others, I use it the way that AnnMarie described: women who I think are just fucking hot. Of course, looking at it that way, that's the same way I use the word crush in regards to men: I can have a crush on a man because I enjoy his personality or because I think he's physically/sexually attractive.

I've learned not to put too much stock in crushes. They tend to be fleeting (either because they're one-sided, they're not based in reality because you don't really know that person yet, or because there are practical reasons why it can't or shouldn't be more). I guess I see crushes as more shallow.

When a crush becomes more has to do with all of those things I just talked about: reciprocity, longevity, mutual appreciation, respect, a desire to be together, etc. Like AnnMarie, I can't really imagine more than a crush becoming a reality with a woman for me. Not because I don't like women or because I'm not ever sexually drawn to them-- it happens-- but I have just always found men so much more fulfilling for me personally.

Last edited by lovelylady78; 04-30-2011 at 04:17 PM.
lovelylady78 is offline   Reply With Quote