Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
john_in_indy

john_in_indy can now change their title
Default "Men prefer overweight women to underweight women"

So says the new book "A Billion Wicked Thoughts".
john_in_indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So they say in this article too.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
micky4play

micky4play has said some nice things

you think? duh
micky4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

Well the men in this small hell hole town need to read that article.
Kamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
dan

dan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized rep

Naturally. Are not women suppose to have nice soft curves?
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
BBW_Curious1

BBW_Curious1 has said some nice things

My husband does--and it's a good thing...as rough as we play he'd break a skinny chick! LOL
BBW_Curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
FreekiTiki

FreekiTiki can now change their title

The ones who know what is best prefer them.
FreekiTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
jtimmo

jtimmo has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamily View Post
Well the men in this small hell hole town need to read that article.
Some are probably just scared to announce how the really feel lol
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Picture

Here's an ad similar to one in another thread. Times have changed, or maybe the media just wants us to think so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WG ad wb lg.jpg (80.8 KB, 940 views)

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
DVSShank

DVSShank can now change their title

I don't know if THAT is true. I personally agree, but if that was the case why do soo many magazines and shows, have unhealthy skinny females in them ?

But I can def say, a lot more men like BBWs, than ladies like BHM.
DVSShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #11
tummylovin'003

tummylovin'003 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestummylovin'003 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtimmo View Post
Some are probably just scared to announce how the really feel lol
Its because the media push pictures of what people "should" look like in peoples faces, to be attracted to someone that doesn't fit that criteria is deemed unacceptable.

Its a shame, and im glad that more and more people are actually realising that people can have preferences, and not everyone likes just skin and bones!
tummylovin'003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #12
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Media...

Media is The Grand Illusion!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSShank View Post
I don't know if THAT is true. I personally agree, but if that was the case why do soo many magazines and shows, have unhealthy skinny females in them ?

But I can def say, a lot more men like BBWs, than ladies like BHM.
Ya think? I haven't had a date in hmmm...2 years?? (embarrassingly pathetic) Something like that...I see big guys with girls going out alllllll the time. This weekend at the bar...

I have heard women express all my life how much they like big, teddy bear guys...etc...i never meet men who will publicly state they like very large women..

I think it would be easier to meet someone if I was a BHM instead of an BBW/SSBBW hmmm......naw...I like being a girl....nevermind hehehe

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

From my experience irl, women like the bigger men it's more of the "norm", i'd say more than men like the bigger woman. I'd hazzard a guess it's got something to do with the feeling safe teddy bear protecty security thing etc.

Then there is the fully obsessed gym freaks, don't get me wrong, i go often myself, but the ones that are totally consumed with how they look, every morsel of what they eat etc, flexing in the mirror, self adoration and scruitiny of that kinda level sometimes in even a public place is kinda scary, to be that self absorbed to me anyway, but a lot of them seem to persue the ssbbws. And I wonder, is that a hardness vs softness, or a total obsession & dedication, commitment to their physical look/health etc vs the no restraint, non conformy hedonisitc with food usually traits of ssbbw.

Just thinking...
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would have to say that I agree.If I had to choose solely on that criteria and all else being equal,I would prefer a woman that was overweight to one that was underweight.

But in truth for myself personally,I can find something attractive physically about just about any woman I have ever seen.What really gets me revved up is between the ears.If the chemistry is right and a woman can fire my synapses,that is more important to me than the body type.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
mel
This is My year!..again:)

mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

only one thing to say...

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I honestly have no idea what other guys want in a woman; I only know what I like, what I see in the media, and how different they are, with this site being a nice exception. Maybe there's a general set of features with which guys have been inundated by the media, and it's that set of features for which guys are looking when they search for a woman solely for their public image as opposed to a loving long term relationship?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #18
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

From what I see everyday, that generally rings true. But it depends what he means by 'overweight'. Different people have various physical depictions of what is considered 'overweight'. Video model, Bria Myles, is worshipped by so many men, but she may be 'too big' for some men's tastes. Same thing with Jennifer Lopez, Nigella Lawson, Queen Latifah, Beyonce...what is the man's limit? Or does he have a limit? It is all subjective.

What is this media people speak of? The media does not only include television! There are all types of media via the internet depicting various types of beauty--black, white, mixed-raced, asian, plus size models, plumpers, ssbbws, thin women, small t-ts, etc. It's not the 80s where only a certain type of beauty was promoted.

Bria Myles

Last edited by KittyKitten; 07-12-2011 at 09:00 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #19
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh, I think the BMI indicator is crappy and inaccurate!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
OLD-LOVE

OLD-LOVE has said some nice things

BIG IS BEAUTIFUL
OLD-LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
London Lad

London Lad has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
Oh, I think the BMI indicator is crappy and inaccurate!
Absolutely me & friend at work had a recent health check, I weight about 18st 8lb and I am trying to lose weight (for health reasons more than anything else, both my parents Fathers both died of heart attacks, so heart disease runs in our family sadly) I'm 5ft 9.5in my body fat is 36.8%, however my bone mass is 3.7, which he told me was thicker than average so the BMI was not accurate, obviously I need to improve certain things to improve my health.

My friend is 5ft 2in, about 9 & half stone yet her body fat was 29.8%, her bone mass was 2.1, just shows how inaccurate the BMI can be, considering a 9st difference in weight & just 7-8% body fat difference, she was also declared perfectly healthy.

This subject was bought up in work & over half the men stated that they didn't mind "a bit of meat on birds bones" (we're located East London & "Bird" is a London turn for a Woman, such as "Geezer" is a London turn for a Man ) although obviously all said personality counted more than anything.

Just a shame the media will not promote women of a healthy weight and usually chose the stick thin models, which in turn means perfectly health girls are always trying to constantly lose weight when they don't need to.
London Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #22
DELIMAN092262

DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I recall a study done years ago. (No, I don't have a reference) In the study a woman was photographed in a bathing suit. Then the photo was digitally altered. Several new images were created showing the same woman thinner each time. Then the reverse was done making the woman appear heavier each time. These images were then arrayed in a photo lineup of thinner to heavier.

Individual woman were then shown the photos. They were asked to rate the most attractive view. Or, more accurately, what they thought men would select. Most women choose the image of the woman smaller than the real photograph.

Then individual men were asked to view the images. They too were ask to pick the most attractive view. Remember the test subjects were alone so there was no peer pressure. Most of the men selected the image of the woman that was larger than the real photograph.

The conclusion was clear. Many women diet, to make themselves more attractive to what they perceive men desire. While the opposite is more accurate.

This does not mean most men are viewers of Dimensions Paysite! But it does raise questions of the so called “experts” in women's beauty and fashion. Why some see supermodels as anorexic underdeveloped women. And others call them the standard for all women.
DELIMAN092262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #23
MissAshley
Enigma

MissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 club

That is quite a generalization to make. One that I would question the accuracy. Of course many men like big women, and many of them like thin women, and women everywhere in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVSShank View Post
How do you know they are unhealthy?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
mithrandirjn

mithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized rep

This really isn't a shocker, but we do have to realize that people have thresholds for what they consider attractive.

It's not a coincidence that, say, cartoonists trying to animate a hyper-sexual female character tend to give her dynamic curves, most obviously in the chest and butt, but oftentimes as well in the thighs.

There's a reason for that: most men like that.

Thing is, however, most men aren't FA's, or only are to a certain extent. There's lots of guys out there who like a big belly on a woman, but reality is that it's not the majority (though I tend to think most guys like a bit of a belly on a lady, just not to BBW proportions...no, I have no proof of that, just observation).

I do think, however, that it's important that women embrace studies like these, that show that the vast majority of men do not share the same "THIS is what's attractive!" standards that advertising firms and media types try to push to make prospective female customers upset and make them feel in need of their products. Dudes, as a rule of thumb, like curves.
mithrandirjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #25
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

they've been saying it for ages and every study has supported that. now if we could only finally get people to accept it.