Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default My Etsy shop - JuJu's Jewelry :)

Okay, okay... I created my shop in 2009 or something. I couldn't get up the courage to actually list anything until November of last year. I'm chicken that way.

My favourite metal to work with is copper, which I think will be pretty immediately obvious. Some of my bracelets and necklaces are long, and some are the "standard" lengths. Almost anything can be lengthened, with a 2" allowance on most listings; you can absolutely contact me if you want a longer length. Personally, I wear hugely long necklaces - sometimes up to 26". I get it, and I'm happy to accommodate if I have the stuff to do it with. Jewelry needs to fit just right to be awesome.

My work blends a funky mixture of styles... I've been known to mix chainmaille with charms and wire wrap glass onto filigree.

My store is here: http://jujusjewelry.etsy.com

Some glimpses (sorry they're overly large):

seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I also have a blog, which lists coupons, updates, etc., and has a full design gallery @ http://jujusjewelry.com/

Current coupons (1 per order, unlimited usage while the offer stands):
  • GIMMESUGAR - Free domestic shipping
  • YUMMY10 - 10% off your entire order
  • All clearance items feature free domestic / reduced international shipping + discounted prices without coupons; the 10% off coupon stacks with this sale pricing.

Everything in my shop right now is $20 or less. Very rarely do I have anything that's more than that. Most items are under $15.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pretty stuff! Good luck.

* ets...totally your business and all, but in my opinion, your items are underpriced!!

Last edited by mossystate; 05-07-2011 at 03:04 PM.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nice style. Best of luck to you.

EDT:Whoa, just checked your prices. Mossy's right. They're worth more than what you're charging, IMO

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 05-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

Thanks I hear that my prices are too low pretty frequently, and I know people tend to think that a lower price = lower quality... but I just can't stand to put a ton of mark-up on my items. I've never been able to justify spending large sums on non-essentials; that's half of why I started making my own jewelry. The only things I could afford / justify / mentally accept buying would fall apart or otherwise generally suck a lot. That, and I have quirky tastes; if I could actually find something that I liked, it was never long enough for me.

I do sometimes have more expensive pieces - when they take a ton of time to make, are totally one of a kind, etc., and of course the materials/stones/whatever make a difference in cost. Since I work mainly with copper, and copper's both lovely and economical, that keeps my prices nice and low for the most part.

I think the non-essential things make a difference in a person's overall sense of well-being, and being able to afford a treat here and there is a good thing.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

I have some really cute Halloween & autumn stuff in my shop right now! Also, some fun steampunk / clockwork pieces, if you're into that.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
SuziQ

SuziQ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSuziQ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

These are really beautiful, seavixen. Very strong and powerful looking and yet very female, too.
SuziQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
These are really beautiful, seavixen. Very strong and powerful looking and yet very female, too.
Thank you so much!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I really love the pumpkin stuff. Especially the "pumpkin patch" earrings! Sooo cute!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I really love the pumpkin stuff. Especially the "pumpkin patch" earrings! Sooo cute!
Thanks! I love pumpkins... and I love when it's finally the time of year where OTHER people like pumpkins, too! lol
Old 10-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How did I miss this thread? I like your work, Julia. I especially love your hammered rectangle necklace with the deep aqua beads. Lovely! Wishing you the best with your shop.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

Lots of new items up today, including some long, adjustable length necklaces - which can be made even longer (or shorter). I also have a coupon available right now - HOPE2012 - good for 15% off @ my Etsy shop

Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #13
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging inazerty makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by seavixen View Post
I have some really cute Halloween & autumn stuff in my shop right now! Also, some fun steampunk / clockwork pieces, if you're into that.

Really nice. I like them