Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Having my lap band removed

I am having my lap band removed in surgery in two weeks time, monday May 30th.
I will be in the hospital overnight.

To be honest I am so relieved.
I have had so much pain and horrible side effects over the last four years, that it has been a nightmare.
I will have no further medical intervention.

I am a fat girl, and I am at peace with that.

Yay! I am going to have a removal party once I recover.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I pray you have an easy recovery and get the relief from the suffering. Keep us posted, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosh View Post

I have had so much pain and horrible side effects over the last four years, that it has been a nightmare.

I'm a Canadian.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I pray you have an easy recovery and get the relief from the suffering. Keep us posted, okay?
Thank you so much Paul. Will do.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Also wishing you a speedy recovery and do keep us posted... Hugs, Tony

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Also wishing you a speedy recovery and do keep us posted... Hugs, Tony
Thanks so much Tony. I am looking forward to having the lap band out and recovering and having a wonderful life going forward.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hope the surgery goes well and that it leaves you feeling happy and healthy
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
Shosh
Susannah

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
Hope the surgery goes well and that it leaves you feeling happy and healthy
Thanks so much Carla.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good luck. My sister had hers removed and replaced a few weeks ago and said it was a tougher recovery than the original surgery. I was hoping to have mine out some time this year but after my husband spent a month in the hospital I don't think we can deal with any more medical issues for a while.

I noticed that while I was so stressed and eating minimally my problems with the band were gone. Evidently eating "too much" is causing the troubles I am having.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Good luck. My sister had hers removed and replaced a few weeks ago and said it was a tougher recovery than the original surgery. I was hoping to have mine out some time this year but after my husband spent a month in the hospital I don't think we can deal with any more medical issues for a while.

I noticed that while I was so stressed and eating minimally my problems with the band were gone. Evidently eating "too much" is causing the troubles I am having.

Brenda
It is interesting that you say that Brenda, because my auntie had hers removed and she said that having it removed hurt less and had less of an impact recovery wise than when it was put in.

I guess each individual reacts to it differently.

Meanwhile I hope your band is not causing you too much grief and that you continue to be well.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #10
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
It is interesting that you say that Brenda, because my auntie had hers removed and she said that having it removed hurt less and had less of an impact recovery wise than when it was put in.

I guess each individual reacts to it differently.

Meanwhile I hope your band is not causing you too much grief and that you continue to be well.
Her surgery was much more complicated as it appears she was having a new one put in to replace the old. I would imagine that would take some adjusting that a simple removal would not encounter.

I'm lurking over this thread as well and sending prayers your way Shosh. Keep us posted!

ETA: Ooh! And don't forget the Band party after!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #11
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Her surgery was much more complicated as it appears she was having a new one put in to replace the old. I would imagine that would take some adjusting that a simple removal would not encounter.

I'm lurking over this thread as well and sending prayers your way Shosh. Keep us posted!
Thanks sweets.

Yes you could be right re the removal/replacing of the band and the recovery etc.

I am having it removed and that sucker is staying out, no replacement for me.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Well Wishes

Quote:

Sending my well wishes and prayers your way.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I will be thinking of you on Monday! Sending healing and positive thoughts and prayers your way. Much love and hugs, Kara

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #14
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Brenda
If you're able to mitigate the problems you're having with the band, would you consider leaving it in to do the job?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The problem with not eating "too much" is that "too much" means so little food that under ordinary situations I would not be able to follow such a strict regime. I was under a situation where I had absolutely no appetite due to extreme stress (my husband nearly died).

I wanted and needed the band to be part of the solution for me but after 5 years of trying to deal and still being extremely fat I need to look for something that will work better for me.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Sending my well wishes and prayers your way.
Thanks E. Very kind of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatrmuse/Kara View Post
I will be thinking of you on Monday! Sending healing and positive thoughts and prayers your way. Much love and hugs, Kara
Thank you so much Kara. I always think of you, and hope you are doing well.
You have been through so much.
xo

Quote:
The problem with not eating "too much" is that "too much" means so little food that under ordinary situations I would not be able to follow such a strict regime. I was under a situation where I had absolutely no appetite due to extreme stress (my husband nearly died).

I wanted and needed the band to be part of the solution for me but after 5 years of trying to deal and still being extremely fat I need to look for something that will work better for me.
Gosh Brenda I am sorry to hear about what you have been through.
Hoping things improve for you, and that you can have quality of life again.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Gosh Brenda I am sorry to hear about what you have been through.
Hoping things improve for you, and that you can have quality of life again.
Same here Brenda. I hope things are better now.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #18
Shosh
Susannah

I have a week to go before I have my lap band removal surgery.

How am I feeling? Relieved and happy that I have made this decision.

My pain and misery will soon be over.

I anticipate that I will be very tender for about a week post surgery, as they have to reopen the incisions they used to put the lapband in, to be able to laprascopically remove it.

The surgeon told me the removal surgery takes about an hour. They have to inflate the stomach with gas in order to gain access to organs, and move them out of the way to get to the stomach.
They then have to unstich the lapband from the stomach, and the access port from further down in the stomach.

They then pull the lap band out through one of the incisions.

It is remarkable that they can do surgery in such a minimally invasive manner as opposed to the surgery of years gone by.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I have a week to go before I have my lap band removal surgery.

How am I feeling? Relieved and happy that I have made this decision.

My pain and misery will soon be over.

I anticipate that I will be very tender for about a week post surgery, as they have to reopen the incisions they used to put the lapband in, to be able to laprascopically remove it.

The surgeon told me the removal surgery takes about an hour. They have to inflate the stomach with gas in order to gain access to organs, and move them out of the way to get to the stomach.
They then have to unstich the lapband from the stomach, and the access port from further down in the stomach.

They then pull the lap band out through one of the incisions.

It is remarkable that they can do surgery in such a minimally invasive manner as opposed to the surgery of years gone by.
Shosh it sounds relatively SIMPLE considering....hoping you get through quickly, pain free and FEEL BETTER sooner then later xoxo W
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
Shosh it sounds relatively SIMPLE considering....hoping you get through quickly, pain free and FEEL BETTER sooner then later xoxo W
Thanks W! You are a doll!
xo
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

Quote:

I will definately say a prayer for you during your little procedure I hope all goes well friend
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #22
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyandcute View Post
I will definately say a prayer for you during your little procedure I hope all goes well friend
Thanks so much.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

Quote:
Thanks so much.
Your very welcome
Old 05-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #24
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hope all goes well. Please keep us posted. xoxo
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #25
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniquessbbw View Post
I hope all goes well. Please keep us posted. xoxo
Thanks Monique. I will update once I am through the surgery and home for a few days.

I hope you are well.