Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #51
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
HURRAY!!! Congratulations Shosh! It's great to hear from you so soon.

I have bad reactions to anesthesia too. I start to tremor violently sometimes while under. It happened once immediately after I was awakened and they had to throw hot blankets on me. I'm not surprised though. They keep it so cold in the operating rooms and I'm the type who is always cold. By the time I was awakened I was shivering deep in my bones.
Oh Poor Lil. xo
It is interesting becaus
e people think we would not get too cold as we carry extra weight, but I am also the type who always gets cold.

They put a heated blanket on me just befor the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Awesome and amazing to hear from you so soon! Many blessings to you and my best wishes for a great, rapid recovery. There, my written text hug should be good for both body and spirit.
Thanks so much Edgar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I'm glad it went well. Sorry about the reaction to the anesthetic. Max started getting reactions to it after surgery 9 or 10. I know it's a miserable feeling.
I hope you start to feel less tender soon.
Poor Max. How is he doing now? He has been through a lot.

Thanks for your kind wishes Megan.
xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post
Glad everything turned out OK, Shosh.

I know that anesthesia can be a touchy thing. My father has bladder cancer, and from time to time he had to go in to have the inside of his bladder checked to make sure nothing came back. He awoke from one procedure having a seisure because of a bad reaction to the anesthesia. And the anesthesiologist was nowhere to be found - he had left the hospital. After that, my dad changed urologists so he never had to deal with that anesthesiologist again.
I am sorry to hear that your dad has cancer Wayne. I hope that they find a cure for all types of cancers in our lifetime.
This disease has taken too many lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Great to see that you are on your way to a good recovery!!!

Since hugs are too painful...kisses,

Michael
Thank you my dear friend Mikey.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #52
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm so glad your home. I've been praying for you and this is wonderful news. I'll keep praying for a quick recovery for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosh View Post
Thanks Lil xoxo

Well I no longer have a lap band. It was removed in surgery 24 hours ago.

I had a reaction to the anesthetic, and I had severe nausea and I vomited.

I came home from the hospital a few hours ago after being there overnight.

I am a very tender and sore girl right now from the incisions in my belly. I am on strong pain relief for that. I will keep taking analgesia as I need it.

It is difficult for me to lay down right now because my belly is so tender, so I will sleep in my recliner tonight.

I have to keep the dressings on my wounds for a week, then they can be removed.

I am taking a week off from my regular volunteering work, in order to recover.

I am so glad to have that horrible band out, and I know that I have made the best possible decision for my health and happiness.

Thanks for asking Lilly.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #53
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am feeling a little better this morning. My belly is still very tender and sore, but I am on the road to recovery.

I have been able to eat full meals without pain! I am loving that.

I am so glad that I have had my lap band removed. I just could not have gone the rest of my life with such pain and horrible side effects, and also risking possible life threatening complications had the band slipped etc.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #54
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Recovery going well??

Hi Chickie, I hope you are still getting a little better as time goes by. Are you limited on the amount of time you can spend on the computer? I can send you some stuff to amuse you or put you to sleep, or turn you on to some pictures that you will not forget. (All this stuff is in the public domain.)

Is your assistance doggie helping any at this time? (I think I already know the answer to that so no need to answer. If she's like my dogs, she assists with sucking up the air conditioning, eating up groceries, and getting dog hair on the furniture.)

Good morning or good night (whatever's appropriate down under)
Cookie Monster
M2M
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #55
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

I hope your doing well from your surgery! Please keep us updated
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #56
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
Hi Chickie, I hope you are still getting a little better as time goes by. Are you limited on the amount of time you can spend on the computer? I can send you some stuff to amuse you or put you to sleep, or turn you on to some pictures that you will not forget. (All this stuff is in the public domain.)

Is your assistance doggie helping any at this time? (I think I already know the answer to that so no need to answer. If she's like my dogs, she assists with sucking up the air conditioning, eating up groceries, and getting dog hair on the furniture.)

Good morning or good night (whatever's appropriate down under)
Cookie Monster
M2M
Hi Cookie,
Thanks for thinking of me. I am actually trying to reduce the amount of time I spend online in general, because I would like to do other things, and because I am starting to feel that it is not good for my personal development to spend alot of time online.

Cindy is wonderful as always. She never leaves my side when she senses something is wrong, namely I am sick or upset etc. I love my doggie.
Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to me here over the years D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyandcute View Post
I hope your doing well from your surgery! Please keep us updated
Thanks so much Fluffy.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #57
Shosh
Susannah

I am nearly ten days post lap band removal and I am feeling very happy and well. Only a small amount of tenderness remains in my tummy.

I have started putting Bio Oil on my surgery scars, but my surgeon did such a good job, that they are not too bad at all.

I have had no pain, vomiting, or reflux since I had my lap band removed, so I feel human again.

I am so relieved.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #58
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Glad to hear you're on the mend Shosh!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #59
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That is wonderful Shosh! I am so happy to hear this.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #60
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I am nearly ten days post lap band removal and I am feeling very happy and well. Only a small amount of tenderness remains in my tummy.

I have started putting Bio Oil on my surgery scars, but my surgeon did such a good job, that they are not too bad at all.

I have had no pain, vomiting, or reflux since I had my lap band removed, so I feel human again.

I am so relieved.
I'm glad to hear everything went so well!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #61
Mikey

Mikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 clubMikey is a member of the 500 club
Thumbs up Yay!!!

Quote:

I am so relieved.
Wonderful to read that you are recouping so well!!!
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 AM   #62
fancyfeast

fancyfeast can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
The problem with not eating "too much" is that "too much" means so little food that under ordinary situations I would not be able to follow such a strict regime...
Hi Shosh! I'm somewhat of a lurker here but wanted to say Congrats on your surgery and I'm hoping your recovery has gotten easier as it progresses. At 7 years out from my banding, it's been a pretty major failure and caused me stress beyond belief-- not so much medical problems but more social / work stress. I was banded at only 19 and it impacted my college experience and obviously all of my 20s. I don't think I'd go through removing it, as I'm sort of traumatized from the initial surgery, but it's certainly something I think about.

So your bravery in doing so is commendable & inspiring!
fancyfeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #63
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Glad to hear you're on the mend Shosh!
Thanks Jos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
That is wonderful Shosh! I am so happy to hear this.
Thank You Lilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I'm glad to hear everything went so well!
Surly thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Wonderful to read that you are recouping so well!!!
I am much better thanks Mikey.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #64
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfeast View Post
Hi Shosh! I'm somewhat of a lurker here but wanted to say Congrats on your surgery and I'm hoping your recovery has gotten easier as it progresses. At 7 years out from my banding, it's been a pretty major failure and caused me stress beyond belief-- not so much medical problems but more social / work stress. I was banded at only 19 and it impacted my college experience and obviously all of my 20s. I don't think I'd go through removing it, as I'm sort of traumatized from the initial surgery, but it's certainly something I think about.

So your bravery in doing so is commendable & inspiring!
I think you are the brave one. To come out of lurkdom to talk about your own situation with the band, and to tell all about how traumatized you have felt takes courage. Good on you.

Nineteen really is a young age to be banded. I was banded at thirty six years of age, and I had my band for four years.

I guess I cannot make your fears and anxieties go away, but I want you to know that having the band removed was a LOT physically easier than it was having it put in. That is my experience of it anyway. My auntie also had her band removed last year, and she said pretty much the same thing.

I am always here if you want to discuss this privately, just send me a private message.

I cannot speak to other weight loss surgeries, but my stance about the lap band now that it is dangerous, it is radical medical intervention, and I would not recommend that any person go ahead and have this surgery.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #65
prettysteve

prettysteve can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesprettysteve can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Queen SHosh: Glad you are doing well following the surgery and still alive & kicking!! You are still one of my top role models... You sexy Aussie Lady....
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #66
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysteve View Post
Queen SHosh: Glad you are doing well following the surgery and still alive & kicking!! You are still one of my top role models... You sexy Aussie Lady....
Thanks PrettySteve!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #67
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

I haven't been on here in a lil bit Shosh but I wanted to say I am glad your doing well Take care my friend!!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #68
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyandcute View Post
I haven't been on here in a lil bit Shosh but I wanted to say I am glad your doing well Take care my friend!!
Thank you so much.

I am three weeks post op tomorrow, and doing very well! It feels great to be human again.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #69
xeillia

xeillia can now change their title

Hi, I have been watching your posts with great interest and notice you are an Aussie too

I have had my lapdband since 2008 and had a myraid of problems, over inflation, dialated pouch, constant vomitting, I originally lost 53kg, my surgeon treated me like a rock star until I started encountering some more serious problems and put on a few kgs because "bad foods" is the only thing I could eat and keep down, now I am the scurge of the earth. So to cut and even longer story short, I am contemplating having my band removed.

Seeing that you are ok, it has provided me with some reassurance and helped me get closer to making a decision.

Thank you & Hope you are well
xeillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #70
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeillia View Post
Hi, I have been watching your posts with great interest and notice you are an Aussie too

I have had my lapdband since 2008 and had a myraid of problems, over inflation, dialated pouch, constant vomitting, I originally lost 53kg, my surgeon treated me like a rock star until I started encountering some more serious problems and put on a few kgs because "bad foods" is the only thing I could eat and keep down, now I am the scurge of the earth. So to cut and even longer story short, I am contemplating having my band removed.

Seeing that you are ok, it has provided me with some reassurance and helped me get closer to making a decision.

Thank you & Hope you are well
Hi Alex,
How awful that you are being treated in such a terrible manner by your surgeon. It does not surprise me however. These people are getting rich of we fatties
I am not a doctor (disclaimer) but I can recognize the signs and symptoms of the lap band potentially causing dangerous side effects such as slippage as a result of your side effects.
I cannot tell you what to do regarding your own situation, but I can say that having my lap band removed was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel that I have gotten my life back again, and I have quite possibly saved my life from potentially life threatening complications.
Best Wishes
Susannah
Old 08-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #71
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hi Alex,
How awful that you are being treated in such a terrible manner by your surgeon. It does not surprise me however. These people are getting rich of we fatties
I am not a doctor (disclaimer) but I can recognize the signs and symptoms of the lap band potentially causing dangerous side effects such as slippage as a result of your side effects.
I cannot tell you what to do regarding your own situation, but I can say that having my lap band removed was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel that I have gotten my life back again, and I have quite possibly saved my life from potentially life threatening complications.
Best Wishes
Susannah
Glad to hear that you are doing better Shosh - and that you can enjoy life very very important

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #72
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Shosh!! so glad you are better. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the lap band.

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )

Last edited by CuteyChubb; 08-20-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: sp
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #73
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb View Post
Hi Shosh!! so glad you are better. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the lap band.
Hey Girl, I have been wondering how you have been. I have missed you.

Good luck with everything. You know that I have always been a big supporter of yours.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #74
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I finally found a doctor who would see me as I was banded out of the country and my lap band has slipped. He recommends gastric sleeve and removal of the band. I am not convinced but am sorta scared he is right if I just get the band removed I will gain all my weight back plus. I need to decide this week and have him put in for insurance approval.

Brenda
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #75
SparklingBBW
What's new pussycat?

SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SparklingBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think for those banders who need a revision, some do choose the sleeve. Try the VSG forums at obesityhelp.com or verticalsleevetalk.com for other revisionists who might be able to answer some of your questions. Good luck to you!
SparklingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote