Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I grew up on IN & OUT 2 animal hamburgers, fries, only thing is the staff doesn't run to get the food out like they used to when I was a kid.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
WomanlyHips
..Seen Lust, Seen Love...

WomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this board

Misty- I saw they opened one on the Central Expressway, down from Northwest Highway/Loop 12. The lines are monsterous at best, funny they've got Dallas' finest directing traffic in and out. I'm not quite patient enough to brave the lines, maybe once the novelty kinda' wears off I'll end up going.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #28
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanlyHips View Post
Misty- I saw they opened one on the Central Expressway, down from Northwest Highway/Loop 12. The lines are monsterous at best, funny they've got Dallas' finest directing traffic in and out. I'm not quite patient enough to brave the lines, maybe once the novelty kinda' wears off I'll end up going.
Yeah..They have one in Frisco and Addison and are going to open one off Coit and 635...Talk about a bad location for that one..sheesh.

The one in Addison moves rather quickly. We wait about 20 minutes in line on a busy day..like the weekend.

Definitely go through the drive thru...the inside SUUUCCCKKKSSS..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #29
WomanlyHips

WomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this board

Addison, you say?- On Belt Line, I'm assuming? Hmm, maybe I'll venture up that way tonight and check out the hype..
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #30
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Had a burger there a few years ago when I was in Gilroy to see my brother.

It was...decent. I will have to go again to see if I can understand the hoopla ( what a dumb word ).
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #31
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Addison, you say?- On Belt Line, I'm assuming? Hmm, maybe I'll venture up that way tonight and check out the hype..
Ugh..I meant Allen off Stacy! Sorry..my brain is fried from being back at work after 3 weeks!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #32
WomanlyHips

Ah, by the outlet! I was going to say, I was in Addison last night and didn't see anything new happening but sometimes I'm kinda' airy, haha.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

i saw one that opened in Dallas on the news.i have always wanted to try them.also there's a new Five Guys that is opening in Arlington.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #34
WomanlyHips

Maybe all us Dallas folks should have an I-N-O meetup
Old 07-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #35
MisticalMisty

Quote:
That will definitely have to be months down the road..lol Unless we want to grab it and take it somewhere.

The one in Allen has been open well over a month and we went last Saturday, 45 minutes after it opened to eat in the dining room and it was a HOT MESS. People were packed like sardines and every booth and table was full..inside and out.

Good thing their burgers are good..LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #36
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Had a burger there a few years ago when I was in Gilroy to see my brother.

It was...decent. I will have to go again to see if I can understand the hoopla ( what a dumb word ).
Try it animal style *snort*. Then you'll understand.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #37
MisticalMisty

Rob and I went and checked out a Costco about 3 miles from us and found that they are building an In and Out there. Woot Woot! Right now, we drive about 20 miles...one way!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #38
Britt Reid
Library Editor

Britt Reid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBritt Reid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Here, according to the most detailed In-and-Out article I'm aware of on the Internet, here, is the "problem with fries:"

Quote:
Everyone knows that In-N-Out's fries are notoriously bad despite being fresh cut in-house—it's because they only fry them once instead of the superior McDonald's-style double-fry—but there are ways to improve them.

First, you can get them extra crispy by saying well done. The fries turn out more dry and crunchy than crispy with a fluffy center, but it's a definite improvement.

If you're on the opposite end of the spectrum, you can also request your fries light, where they'll come to your tray almost completely blond, limp, and greasy. I dunno. Some people like these, apparently.

Thomas corroborated the rumored accounts of customers who go even more extreme; one customer regularly ordered two minute fries, which were still crunchy and raw in the middle.
Another suggestion: take the fries home and double fry them yourself.

For those who want more on this topic, try here.
Britt Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #39
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
that's a damn good idea.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #40
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls_girl26 View Post
Here's a guide for your next trip - http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...cret-menu.html

It's rather amusing and I think if I go another time I'd try the burger mustard grilled and well done fries.
yep. why settle for two double-doubles, when you can get a 4x4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #41
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Here, according to the most detailed In-and-Out article I'm aware of on the Internet, here, is the "problem with fries:"

Another suggestion: take the fries home and double fry them yourself.

For those who want more on this topic, try here.
really? i happen to love In n Out fries. they're good and potato-y, and that's why i like 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #42
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
really? i happen to love In n Out fries. they're good and potato-y, and that's why i like 'em.
That's what my husband says...he likes them because they actual taste like potatoes!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #43
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I wish I had NEVER had an In an Out Double Double...cuz then I wouldn't know what I was missing...I might as well live in BFE..I tried 5 Guys it was ok..but not a Double Double..you guys are soooo lucky. Here in the wilds of Kentucky we have no In an' Out burger, no Pollo Loco and no Dim Sum. On a good note though we have gotten a Popeyes chicken!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #44
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
I wish I had NEVER had an In an Out Double Double...cuz then I wouldn't know what I was missing...I might as well live in BFE..I tried 5 Guys it was ok..but not a Double Double..you guys are soooo lucky. Here in the wilds of Kentucky we have no In an' Out burger, no Pollo Loco and no Dim Sum. On a good note though we have gotten a Popeyes chicken!
I am seriously addicted. Now, I have them protein style so that they are wrapped with lettuce instead of a bun...still super yummy.

We go once, sometimes twice a week and it's at least a 20 mile drive. One day, we hit them right after they open and went back for burgers that night!

Come stay with us for a visit..there's going to be one about 3 miles away! lol
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #45
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think it needs to be said here that a protein-style burger from In-n-Out is impossible to eat in the car one handed, ie. eating while driving.

Its best to stop and eat. Trust me.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #46
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had in n out burger seven times at the Vegas bash. I love them! My typical order was a double double with animal fries. I totally loved the protein style option. So tasty but not super filling.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #47
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Still haven't had even though I'm originally from Cali. But only as a baby. lol Been back a few times, but never got to try it.
I'll have it one day.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #48
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Still haven't had even though I'm originally from Cali. But only as a baby. lol Been back a few times, but never got to try it.
I'll have it one day.
Make the trip south! Maybe the next time Madison comes for a visit we can meet up at one of them down here!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #49
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't think they have an In-N-Out in Louisiana. ANYWHERE.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #50
Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLondonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Darn it.... I'm salivating at the thought! Haven't enjoyed an In-n-out for two long years! Time to book my flights I think!
Londonbikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote