Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #76
MRdobolina
tasty kakes

MRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
I just started the 3rd book and let me just say I love this series.I haven't enjoyed reading anything this much since "Wheel of Time"...*the first 4 books anyway* and the "Sword of Truth"*the first four books anyway*. I pray that this doesn't go down hill after book 4.

More than any other fantasy book I've ever read. This author does a fabulous job of making you understand the motivation of each character and you fully understand why they feel justified in their actions.
there seems to be a 4 book limit to fantasy books .. read Dance with Dragons .. and i was "mehhh"

MRdobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #77
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!
HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I Spent the day watching the last 1/2 of the season~!

SO PSYCHED to see what happens NEXT!!!!!

can anyone say TRUE BLOOD coming up NEXT!!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #78
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs down Season II GoT premier

I was a little disappointed in last night's episode "The North Remembers". (I will try to write this without spoilers.)

I think the problem was two fold - poor editing and too much content/too little depth. I have watched all of Season I several times and know this production can do better than this. I think that they tried to cram too many new characters/ lands/conflicts in one hour and the net effect was confusing.

Also, my opinion is that a good editing job could have gotten rid of some of the above problem. Some of the best characters had little of no face time on screen whereas a ghost wolf, a scene from a strange Gaelic type ceremony on a beach, and a nasty, boring old man's homelife had way too much screen time with several actors sitting around glaring at each other for what it seemed to be hours. (Heck, my family does this during our holiday dinners - big deal.)

The GoT production team needs to get their game on. So far, the magazine ads have been the best of this season's products!

P.S. I also seem to remember that we were guaranteed one beheading an episode. I protest that we were ripped off in this episode. If this show doesn't come up to their standards from Season One, I am going to start watching "Dance Moms" - it's much scarier.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #79
ConnieLynn
Southern Broad

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I remember the second book starting a bit slow. Actually I remember thinking "I'm bored with this war stuff, pick up the pace".

Last night was sort of dreary for the season starter, but I think it actually moved through stuff a bit quicker than the book, so I expect to see some action next week.

Of course I also expect to see hot naked men, so I may be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
I was a little disappointed in last night's episode "The North Remembers". (I will try to write this without spoilers.)

I think the problem was two fold - poor editing and too much content/too little depth. I have watched all of Season I several times and know this production can do better than this. I think that they tried to cram too many new characters/ lands/conflicts in one hour and the net effect was confusing.

Also, my opinion is that a good editing job could have gotten rid of some of the above problem. Some of the best characters had little of no face time on screen whereas a ghost wolf, a scene from a strange Gaelic type ceremony on a beach, and a nasty, boring old man's homelife had way too much screen time with several actors sitting around glaring at each other for what it seemed to be hours. (Heck, my family does this during our holiday dinners - big deal.)

The GoT production team needs to get their game on. So far, the magazine ads have been the best of this season's products!

P.S. I also seem to remember that we were guaranteed one beheading an episode. I protest that we were ripped off in this episode. If this show doesn't come up to their standards from Season One, I am going to start watching "Dance Moms" - it's much scarier.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #80
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!
fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Have you read the books? Because all that stuff that you think could have been "done without" plays a part in the overall story.

Quote:

Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #81
MRdobolina
tasty kakes

MRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going onMRdobolina knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
Have you read the books? Because all that stuff that you think could have been "done without" plays a part in the overall story.
exactly .. like season 1 the start was slow .. action will pick up soon enough
Old 04-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #82
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirlflyin View Post
I bought the 4 book set this summer. My sister-in-law saw them. snatched the set up and took them home with her. She promised to give them back after she read them. I am still waiting, and waiting, and waiting . . .

However, I fear the average TV viewer will not wade thru that 4 book set. (Change the last sentence to now a 5 book set.)
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #83
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!
fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I bought the 4 book set this summer. My sister-in-law saw them. snatched the set up and took them home with her. She promised to give them back after she read them. I am still waiting, and waiting, and waiting . . .

However, I fear the average TV viewer will not wade thru that 4 book set. (Change the last sentence to now a 5 book set.)

Well I hope you get your books back soon, its an awesome story. There are actually two more books that haven't been written yet.

Even if the average TV viewer doesn't feel the need to read the books, it stands to reason that all that stuff is going to play a role in the series in the future as well. Just need to be patient and let things play out as they play out. Even though it seemed like things were out of place for those not familiar with the story, what was familiar was well done and quite engaging.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #84
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry that you don't feel that the stuff about Stannis isn't important. Just be ready to eat those words later.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #85
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I think the events in the final minutes made up for the lack of beheading.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #86
MRdobolina
tasty kakes

baby massacre > beheadings .. all day eryday
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #87
Melian
Mechanical Octobot

Melian keeps pushing the rep limit!
Melian keeps pushing the rep limit!Melian keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRdobolina View Post
baby massacre > beheadings .. all day eryday
Hehehe....yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the bastard killing-spree. Those dire wolves are looking pretty awesome at this point, too.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #88
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OMG FUCKING EPIC BATTLE. I'm not usually one for gore, but I do love how they don't hold back, they show it all.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

I agree with Penguin on the battle scenes. (I also would like to retract my previous review of this season - you guys are right - the show justified it all.)

The only bad part about the Blackwater episode is that the season is almost over.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #90
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
The only bad part about the Blackwater episode is that the season is almost over.
THIS, a hundred times this!

I was was actually discussing with a friend about how this show needs the regular 13 or so episodes HBO shows usually have. There is just much story to squeeze into 10.

Last edited by Isa; 05-29-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #91
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

The Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going on

How the fart did I not notice the Game of Thrones thread?

This from the credits...

http://youtu.be/sn2l2_v6Ur8

And this from the show, Bronn and friends...

http://youtu.be/mIUyVeDsHfs

Made me *sqweee* pretty hard considering how often the song and lyrics are mentioned in the books. Really hope to see more of GRRM's songs come to life through the show. The Bear and the Maiden Fair really needs to be the next one, heh.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 PM   #92
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
You'll love this. I downloaded it and put it on my ipod as soon as i listened to it. I thought it was amazing I nearly jizzed myself :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM
Dear Fat Man, Thanks for the Youtube link. Have you listened to the one above? It is even better I think.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #93
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

The Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going onThe Fat Man knows EXACTLY what's going on

Heck yeah. I love all those covers of the theme on YouTube. Some REALLY creative people out there.

Loved the season finale. The White Walkers gathering their zombie horde and heading straight for the Night's Watch encampment... epic. Next season is going to be brutal. Can't WAIT for what has to be Dims collectivly favorite fat guy hero Samwell Tarly. Love his storyline from the books so much. I love all the changes. I mean for all they did to, for instance, Jon and Dany's storylines both got them to the same end. Jon embedding himself as a spy with the Wildling horde and Daenerys sailing away from Qarth.

Next season I'm totally calling Jamie and Brienne's journey to King's Landing to be season three's "Arya and Tywin"... meaning some of the most clever dialog and just totally suck the fans in. The girl playing Brienne of Tarth is just so spot on visually and pulls off that character so well. It's going to be awesome.

I even love what a scheming little turd they've turned Margaery Tyrell into.

Yay Game of Thrones! (and boo having to wait a year for more, lol)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #94
penguin
Fnord

I love a good cliffhanger that makes you go "OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" like that.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #95
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

These white walkers are magic....very dark magic. So I am kind of excited they aren't just mindless zombies.

Poor Tyrion they took all his power away. I have hated Dany all season, but she finally redeemed herself in this last episode.

Brienne is my favorite character now...

"Two quick deaths....."
Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #96
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

Yeah, wish they had made it more clear the difference between Wights and White Walkers. Wights are more or less just classic zombies, White Walkers are legit ice demons. The first episode of season one I think has a White Walker in it. Need to rewatch season one...

Tyrion's story and all the King's Landing stuff only gets better.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #97
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

Default Bush's Head On A Pike?

Have you heard the latest water cooler talk about GoT and George W's head on a pike? GoT needed several heads to place around the walls in their castle scene. It seems one of the cheap available heads was of George W. His head is shown on a couple of the GoT episodes. The show's people have apologized for the "accidental" use of the former President's head. The head can be seen in the last episode of Season One (if they haven't taken it off digitally).

http://now.msn.com/entertainment/061...ame-of-thrones

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=736151
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bush head in got.jpg (11.7 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by moore2me; 06-14-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #98
moore2me
Do I Look Scary?

Sorry, duplicate post (again) - evil computer is haunted.

Last edited by moore2me; 06-14-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #99
CorinaJade

CorinaJade can now change their title

Does anyone else just REALLY want a dire wolf of their own at this point???
I know i do ^.^
CorinaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #100
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

I've really enjoyed it as well. And being a short guy I definitely like Tyrion's character. I still relish the line, "THAT was a threat. See the difference?"

Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote