Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Bisquick revelations

I confess I have always been snobbish about Bisquick: it seemed as absurd to me as the frozen toast in the refrigerator section. After all, how hard is it to make pancakes from scratch? And I always did. Nevertheless, last week I found myself with a box of Bisquick on the shelf (long story -- and dull) and a yen for pancakes. I decided to try the recipe on the box, since it called for both sugar and lemon juice, and the concept of sweet and sour pancakes was surrealistic enough to be intriguing. The pancakes were wonderful! They were so much better than my scratch pancakes that I may never make the latter again.

So, what prepared foods/mixes/mother's little helpers have YOU found that are better than scratch?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Gravy Master

I make my own gravy from scratch but honestly don't always have the time or inclination to toast a roux long enough for a darker color and deeper flavor and this concoction fits the bill.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Do you like Red Lobster's biscuits? We do. They're made using Bisquick; here's the recipe:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...97sz8NIom-iT8Q

- Jim
Old 06-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Gravy Master

I make my own gravy from scratch but honestly don't always have the time or inclination to toast a roux long enough for a darker color and deeper flavor and this concoction fits the bill.
Thank you for the compliment. Gravy Master is made in the New Haven area. I love it.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I grew up in a home where you never used flaked potatoes for anything (part Irish, we take them seriously) BUT Trader Joe's garlic mashed potatoes in the box are, in my opinion, unbelievable. They come out with the texture of regular mashed potatoes too, not the way boxed potatoes usually end up.
Dr. P Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Aha! Yet another thread to re-post my cornbread recipe!