Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default What should I do with this eggplant?

I'm leaning toward eggplant Parmesan. Do any of y'all have any suggestions?

- Jim
Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

poke it full of fork holes and roast the shit out of it.

it's all scary inside when you do that and will add excitement to your life, like a basked full of snakes.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Aurora1
curioser and curiouser

Aurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this board

I vote for eggplant parmesan Fry it really well and add lots of cheeeeeeese! lol
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

I was going to say roasted too- for babaganoush. Other ideas: ratatouille, mousakka, sweet and sour, rollatini, works for the cuisine of almost any nationality really!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

Babaganoush is one of my favorite words ever. It makes me smile just saying it.
Anyway, I'd toss it with some olive oil and roast it with some garlic (can also add red peppers and onions to). Then I'd smush it with a potato masher (that's the correct cooking term I'm sure) with some tomato paste and balsamic vinegar. Serve on sliced Italian bread topped with cheese (mozzarella, goat, fontina, etc.) and set under the broiler for just a second.

Can you tell who skipped lunch today?
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Feed it to the dogs....
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1 View Post
I vote for eggplant parmesan Fry it really well and add lots of cheeeeeeese! lol
Aurora, will you marry me? I really like the way you think & suspect that we would be very compatible. My BD is August 27th, which makes us almost exactly the same age.

We went with the eggplant Parmesan. I salted the eggplant slices for about 30 minutes to remove some of the water, then pressed them between paper towels to soak up the water and get some of air out. (Otherwise, they soak up a huge amount of oil.)

After dredging them in beaten eggs and coating then with in mixture of flour, cornmeal,salt, pepper, etc., I sautéed them in EVOO in a cast iron skillet.

I sprinkled them with some grated buffalo mozzarella and some Parmigiano-Reggiano, then ran them through the broiler to melt and brown the cheeses.

With some spaghetti, a salad (with the first tomato out of the garden), some French bread, and a nice Chianti, supper didn’t suck.

-Jim
Old 06-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Eggplant parm is both my favorite dish and one of my own specialties. Excellent suggestion and choice!!!

Is it just me or are eggplants really sexy vegetables? The shape, the color, the smooth skin.....very sensuous.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Aurora1
curioser and curiouser

Aurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this board

I do! I mean yes! I will marry you & We can serve eggplant parm at our reception! It's perfect! I even love that you keep the tv remote control by your plate! loll

Last edited by Aurora1; 06-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Aurora1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That looks delicious! I have never made eggplant parm. I was going to suggest you slice it and sautee it with some provolone and put it on a hoagie roll. I love doing that. Hubby is kind of sick of how much i make with eggplant. It's one of my go-to veggies
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I have never made eggplant parm. I was going to suggest you slice it and sautee it with some provolone and put it on a hoagie roll.
Now that you have S&W's illustrated recipe, I would like to add that eggplant parmigiana on a hoagie roll is the finest sandwich I've ever eaten. Go for it!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Now that you have S&W's illustrated recipe, I would like to add that eggplant parmigiana on a hoagie roll is the finest sandwich I've ever eaten. Go for it!
Oh Yes, doc. The left-overs definitely went into samiches.

Rep sent for that.

- Jim
Old 07-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #13
Diane
On Timeout

Diane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDiane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Parm. Crispy edges, lots of cheese and gravy(sauce).

Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Sorry ..S&W, but throw it in the trash before it can multiply..be sure to secure the lid of the trashcan those eggplant are wiley critters...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Mouth-watering eggplant parmigiana pics! I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow.

For delectable Southern-style eggplant, I'd recommend the increasingly elusive eggplant casserole at S&S cafeteria. Unfortunately, that deliciously retro gray puree with the orange crumb topping is becoming a rarity here in Atlanta.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Inspired me to make it tonight.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #17
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane View Post
Parm. Crispy edges, lots of cheese and gravy(sauce).

O! M! G! I've been seriously outdone! Whata great photo.

A true aficionado of sweet basil too. I wouldn't want to live without it. I grow it in the window when I can't grow it outside. And, yes, I serve it as a 'side dish' also.

- Jim
Old 07-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
O! M! G! I've been seriously outdone! Whata great photo.

A true aficionado of sweet basil too. I wouldn't want to live without it. I grow it in the window when I can't grow it outside. And, yes, I serve it as a 'side dish' also.

- Jim
She posts her food pics from food sites online. They're not hers.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Don't know, I can't cook it. Everytime I touch one or the plant itself, I itch and break out. Haven't been able to cook one, even after years of working in Italian restaurants.