Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #26
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,129
mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I drink to get to my fat self love.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #27
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I drink to get to my fat self love.
it wouldn't let me rep you
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #28
penguin
Fnord
 
penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 5,249
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I used to smoke it often in my younger years, though I'm a complete Cadbury and people tend to spill more than I'd smoke. I rarely smoke it these days (and never when caring for my child), but I liked it a lot when I did.
__________________
Wishlist because I like stuff
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #29
LovelyLiz
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,247
LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I read somewhere that weed is good to help with the pain of migraines. I have never been high or drunk. I am interested in eating some special brownies some day. Hubby and I want to find a way to get a card to obtain it legally.
It's super easy in our state to get a card, Megan. I don't have one, and am not into pot, but have several friends who do. On the Venice boardwalk the medical dealers are everywhere and competing for the best prices.

As for me, drugs have contributed to some really broken relationships in my family, and the use of drugs by a particular person very close to me has led to a lot of personal suffering, so it pretty much turns me off the whole concept. I smoked a handful of times in college and after and thought it was just ok, but I really didn't like the way it affected the lives of my friends around me who did it all the time, and didn't want to walk down that same road. Not at all saying everyone responds the same way, just saying it's not for me.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #30
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

i worry about people thinking that somehow drugs are the way to self acceptance self love etc... that's really sad.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
PhiloGirl
is still around
 
PhiloGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Metro-Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 107
PhiloGirl does more than just post hot picsPhiloGirl does more than just post hot picsPhiloGirl does more than just post hot pics
Default

You think it's really sad, superodalisque, when it's drugs... but not if it's alcohol? You wanted to rep mossy for saying she drinks to get there? I'm fairly new here, so maybe I missed sarcasm in mossy's statement?

I would agree that pot can be dangerous. However, I would add that virtually anything can be used a crutch to avoid facing reality or personal struggles... even food or sex. Just because something has the potential to be destructive does not mean it is inherently so. Additionally, while I wish the best for others and hope that they choose to take good care of themselves both physically and mentally, I try to respect their right to do whatever they want with their own mind and body, even if I think it's wrong. I realize it's not the same situation, but I consider this to be similar to being fat. Someone can express concern for my health, tell me that I'm obese because I'm trying to hide from life under layers of fat, etc. etc... but in the end, if I acknowledge their concerns, but firmly say I'm not going to change, should they decide that food / a fat body is my crutch / shelter from reality and write me off as a psychologically damaged person?

It's a complicated issue, but since this post is turning into something that probably belongs in Hyde Park, I'll stop that line of thought to say ... I only wish it were legal.
PhiloGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloGirl View Post
You think it's really sad, superodalisque, when it's drugs... but not if it's alcohol? You wanted to rep mossy for saying she drinks to get there? I'm fairly new here, so maybe I missed sarcasm in mossy's statement?

I would agree that pot can be dangerous. However, I would add that virtually anything can be used a crutch to avoid facing reality or personal struggles... even food or sex. Just because something has the potential to be destructive does not mean it is inherently so. Additionally, while I wish the best for others and hope that they choose to take good care of themselves both physically and mentally, I try to respect their right to do whatever they want with their own mind and body, even if I think it's wrong. I realize it's not the same situation, but I consider this to be similar to being fat. Someone can express concern for my health, tell me that I'm obese because I'm trying to hide from life under layers of fat, etc. etc... but in the end, if I acknowledge their concerns, but firmly say I'm not going to change, should they decide that food / a fat body is my crutch / shelter from reality and write me off as a psychologically damaged person?

It's a complicated issue, but since this post is turning into something that probably belongs in Hyde Park, I'll stop that line of thought to say ... I only wish it were legal.

i think Mossy was being sarcastic and ironic

sure everyone is free, just like i'm free to say i feel its sad if someone truly thinks the way to self acceptance is to drug themselves there. IMO it won't work. illegal nonprescription drugs for otherwise healthy people don't solve issues they have with being fat overall. sorry. if they are taking it to forget they are fat and can't deal then it IS a crutch. sorry but it is what it is. there are plenty of things to do besides medicating into oblivion to deal with being fat and being okay with it that actually resolve the issue instead of just putting it on standby. i'm not arguing that people have a right to what they want to with their bodies but i won't pretend my opinion is that its some wonderful salvation for fat people who are unhappy at their weight and unhappy with who they are, because its not. and i won't support something that i feel IS an unhealthy mechanism.

again, the ops question was about opinions about how weed makes you feel better relative to being fat or does it?

let me make myself perfectly clear, i feel exactly the same about self medicating with alcohol, sex, food etc...to make being fat feel "better". its just a temporary stop gap that can cause even bigger problems if not kept in check. and overall it does not actually solve anything so its a waste of the time people could be living feeling truly free and happy--my opinion.

maybe in the next thread we can discuss how having codependent relationships can make you feel better fat. it makes about as much sense. maybe being emotionally and physically abuse is a good distraction from the fat issue? yeah it might be bad for you but ... its your business.

its not that really all that complicated unless someone wants it to be.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-03-2011 at 11:04 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #33
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE
 
Tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 1,308
Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

It is awesome. Mix it in with chocolate and a smoking hot boy and OH BABY!!!! It hasn't done anything for me in my fat journey - I just do it for fun. Also the weed I've smoked has had neither tar nor tobacco - you can choose what you smoke there are so many varieties of the stuff.
__________________
"Happiness isn't enough! I demand euphoria!"
http://fiercefotography.blogspot.com/
Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #34
bonified
cannabis connoisseur
 
bonified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 338
bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
i worry about people thinking that somehow drugs are the way to self acceptance self love etc... that's really sad.

Why worry, learn perhaps and read. Is it self acceptance, or is it a journey into your consciousness, whether you are fat or not, drugs, herbs etc can open up your mind, stimulate parts of you, be the catalyst perhaps for a more connected with youself and the greater world kinda life.

Anyone can focus on the negatives and it will be all you see, be fearful, judgemental and hold onto that self propelled ignorance and tell yourself that you are right and carry on.

There also is a difference between use and abuse, experimenting & addiction etc.
__________________
You cannot gain respect through fear, and without respect, you cannot truly love ~ me.
bonified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #35
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
Why worry, learn perhaps and read. Is it self acceptance, or is it a journey into your consciousness, whether you are fat or not, drugs, herbs etc can open up your mind, stimulate parts of you, be the catalyst perhaps for a more connected with youself and the greater world kinda life.

Anyone can focus on the negatives and it will be all you see, be fearful, judgemental and hold onto that self propelled ignorance and tell yourself that you are right and carry on.

There also is a difference between use and abuse, experimenting & addiction etc.


its not judgmental to have an opinion about avoidance. its my opinion the same yours is. neither is invalid. both exist. both have their right and wrong points. get used to it. its not a matter of right or wrong, just learning from each other's opinions through hopefully friendly debate. people are strong minded enough to make up their own minds and do what they are going to do anyway so no harm no foul.

i don't think its always a matter of drug abuse but emotional avoidance especially if it has to do with self acceptance. no drug can bring out anything in you that's not already there. if someone doesn't already accept themselves somewhere deep down no drug can bring it out. it can't open up anything that's not already a part of you. nothing is free. everything takes some work. there is no magic bullet when it comes to feeling better about yourself. sometimes life just isn't that easy and it probably never will be. IMO that's a good thing. its the challenges and how you handle them that make life worth living. as the thrill seeking person that you say you are you should understand that more than most. IMO non prescription drugs are just a big pillow to hide under a bit from the real world. i know that's probably not how you feel but there it is.

i wouldn't suggest that people fall for the druggie dictionary or the toking thesaurus that's based on absolutely nothing but street talk and is maintained by people who want to sell it to somebody or justify their own use but could care less about what happens to the people who use it. to hear them tell it weed solves everything. it makes you feel better if you're poor, abused or too fat. you might just forget for a few hours but when it wears off you're usually poorer, abused more or fatter. it didn't fix the problem. it didn't change your attitude about it. it solves absolutely nothing about the root cause of what made you feel needed it to begin with. its a fake answer to a real problem.

to say someone enjoys it is one thing but to claim it somehow makes a person accept themself is bogus.

maybe the reason i worry is because i haven't purposefully disconnected the part of myself that cares about what happens to or with other people. i like being connected and fully present.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-03-2011 at 07:29 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #36
Saoirse
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,099
Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

straight up... Im a fucking stoner.

I dont even fucking care what people think of it. I looooove smoking green. I love being high. I love getting the munchies. I love driving around on a beautiful day with my friends, grooving on music and smoking a blunt. NOTHING BETTER!

I love the way I think when Im stoned. I listen closer, I think deeper, I speak my mind easier. It relaxes me and just makes life more fun.

I dated one guy for a few weeks. He eventually broke it off, saying he was nervous about me smoking pot. He had his reasons (he has a young daughter and a crazy ex), but the fact the he judged me so fast just made me realize that he wasn't worth it anyway! No skin off my ass!
__________________
A match in the rain, a moth to the flame
A pleasure-seeking yahoo with a penchant for pain
A double-decker bus of trouble, I'm in the way
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
Mishty
aluminum petunia
 
Mishty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,869
Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I've smoked some pot......
__________________
Sister, listen to what your daddy says.
Don't be ashamed of things that hide behind your dress.
Belly-up and arch your back.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #38
lollipops708
 
lollipops708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: texas! its bloody hot here!
Posts: 22
lollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
straight up... Im a fucking stoner.

I dont even fucking care what people think of it. I looooove smoking green. I love being high. I love getting the munchies. I love driving around on a beautiful day with my friends, grooving on music and smoking a blunt. NOTHING BETTER!

I love the way I think when Im stoned. I listen closer, I think deeper, I speak my mind easier. It relaxes me and just makes life more fun.

I dated one guy for a few weeks. He eventually broke it off, saying he was nervous about me smoking pot. He had his reasons (he has a young daughter and a crazy ex), but the fact the he judged me so fast just made me realize that he wasn't worth it anyway! No skin off my ass!
I absolutely love your response its nice to see another stoner on find,other than myself
lollipops708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #39
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo
 
CarlaSixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cornwall, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,983
CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Yay for stoners

I just find that when I'm stoned, I'm much more at ease with being the me I really am and want to be. I'm just more more... me. And that's what I like about it. I feel like the cool side of me when I'm high, because I stop pretending to fit in. And it's great
__________________
Curvy Canadian ;)
Twitter
My Wish List
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #40
Mishty
aluminum petunia
 
Mishty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,869
Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipops708 View Post
I absolutely love your response its nice to see another stoner on find,other than myself
She's our Rasta Fairy, stoner ,mascot.
__________________
Sister, listen to what your daddy says.
Don't be ashamed of things that hide behind your dress.
Belly-up and arch your back.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #41
bonified
cannabis connoisseur
 
bonified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 338
bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
its not judgmental to have an opinion about avoidance. its my opinion the same yours is. neither is invalid. both exist. both have their right and wrong points. get used to it. its not a matter of right or wrong, just learning from each other's opinions through hopefully friendly debate. people are strong minded enough to make up their own minds and do what they are going to do anyway so no harm no foul.

i don't think its always a matter of drug abuse but emotional avoidance especially if it has to do with self acceptance. no drug can bring out anything in you that's not already there. if someone doesn't already accept themselves somewhere deep down no drug can bring it out. it can't open up anything that's not already a part of you. nothing is free. everything takes some work. there is no magic bullet when it comes to feeling better about yourself. sometimes life just isn't that easy and it probably never will be. IMO that's a good thing. its the challenges and how you handle them that make life worth living. as the thrill seeking person that you say you are you should understand that more than most. IMO non prescription drugs are just a big pillow to hide under a bit from the real world. i know that's probably not how you feel but there it is.

i wouldn't suggest that people fall for the druggie dictionary or the toking thesaurus that's based on absolutely nothing but street talk and is maintained by people who want to sell it to somebody or justify their own use but could care less about what happens to the people who use it. to hear them tell it weed solves everything. it makes you feel better if you're poor, abused or too fat. you might just forget for a few hours but when it wears off you're usually poorer, abused more or fatter. it didn't fix the problem. it didn't change your attitude about it. it solves absolutely nothing about the root cause of what made you feel needed it to begin with. its a fake answer to a real problem.

to say someone enjoys it is one thing but to claim it somehow makes a person accept themself is bogus.

maybe the reason i worry is because i haven't purposefully disconnected the part of myself that cares about what happens to or with other people. i like being connected and fully present.
I don't know if you actually read and absorb what other people write, or just get off on posting a whole lot of long winded blah blah blah.

I would however, prefer not having to read another ignoramous rant from your own actual lacking first hand experiences with this topic, or third hand experiences/assumptions of the people you assist because you are only dealing with a cross section minority, that seemingly cant keep their shit together and blow their minds at the same time.


It is not the same for everyone, fat, thin, socially inept or not etc.

Your truth is yours, so when the op asks


Quote:
So fellow bbw's and ssbbw's has Mary,Jane helped or hindered youu on your road to self love?
Has it helped with the many aches and pains we all are intimately aware of when it comes
To our size and weight.
And have you had good or bad experiences in regards to this particular plant?
(snip)
You coulda said "I dont know so much personally, šept I had it eons a go when I was a uneducated kid & I have believed all the social stigma about it sinse due to my limited exposure & lack of google power, cos I can..."

There are over 1100 different strains and then you have crosses, they all affect you differently. One thing about stoners, and users in general is that they are VERY open minded. I am active within the pot community I come accross people of all walks of life, with all kinds of life experiences and there are no commonalities bar seeking pleasure, relief, stimulation and joy.
__________________
You cannot gain respect through fear, and without respect, you cannot truly love ~ me.
bonified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #42
lollipops708
 
lollipops708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: texas! its bloody hot here!
Posts: 22
lollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
I don't know if you actually read and absorb what other people write, or just get off on posting a whole lot of long winded blah blah blah.

I would however, prefer not having to read another ignoramous rant from your own actual lacking first hand experiences with this topic, or third hand experiences/assumptions of the people you assist because you are only dealing with a cross section minority, that seemingly cant keep their shit together and blow their minds at the same time.


It is not the same for everyone, fat, thin, socially inept or not etc.

Your truth is yours, so when the op asks




You coulda said "I dont know so much personally, šept I had it eons a go when I was a uneducated kid & I have believed all the social stigma about it sinse due to my limited exposure & lack of google power, cos I can..."

There are over 1100 different strains and then you have crosses, they all affect you differently. One thing about stoners, and users in general is that they are VERY open minded. I am active within the pot community I come accross people of all walks of life, with all kinds of life experiences and there are no commonalities bar seeking pleasure, relief, stimulation and joy.
Your post just made me cream my pants thank you that was amazing now all I need is a cigarette
lollipops708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #43
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,129
mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
are you sure he was actually judging you about it? some people dont like other peoples substance based habits. like i would NEVER date anyone thats smokes (cigs, weed, crack and any thing else). i also dont judge them for ther usage though. but oddly my friends feel im shallow for it. i have my reasons for it though that im not posting unless someone ask.
But, as a bbw or ssbbw, how did it affect your road to fat self-love?

In other words, this isn't the lounge, and the question was asked of fat women.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
I don't know if you actually read and absorb what other people write, or just get off on posting a whole lot of long winded blah blah blah.

I would however, prefer not having to read another ignoramous rant from your own actual lacking first hand experiences with this topic, or third hand experiences/assumptions of the people you assist because you are only dealing with a cross section minority, that seemingly cant keep their shit together and blow their minds at the same time.


It is not the same for everyone, fat, thin, socially inept or not etc.

Your truth is yours, so when the op asks




You coulda said "I dont know so much personally, šept I had it eons a go when I was a uneducated kid & I have believed all the social stigma about it sinse due to my limited exposure & lack of google power, cos I can..."

There are over 1100 different strains and then you have crosses, they all affect you differently. One thing about stoners, and users in general is that they are VERY open minded. I am active within the pot community I come accross people of all walks of life, with all kinds of life experiences and there are no commonalities bar seeking pleasure, relief, stimulation and joy.
one thing about some stoners here seems to be that they are very closed minded to other people's opinions. that truly detracts from the idea that weed is somehow mind expanding. seems like people who smoke weed can have minds as narrow as anyone else's. i have smoked before. i have worked with people with substance abuse issues and have done so on and off for over 20 yrs. they tell me directly to my face what they feel and what their experiences are. i'm not just sitting in a room all alone making up things to justify myself. i don't have anything against people who smoke and nothing to prove. what have you done besides smoke, pontificate and probably sell? are you a chemist? are you a doctor? have you ever donated any of your time working with people with mental and emotional issues or abuse? do you have any training? what exactly do you bring to the table besides toking yourself? it would help me a lot to understand just where you are coming from and what kind of weight i should give what you say in making my own opinions. has your smoking made you feel better about being fat? that was the main point of this discussion. maybe i missed something but i don't see where you addressed any of that.

what i've read so far is that a lot of people smoke and want to be agreed with. i haven't seen anyone say it helps them with being fat. also there are people here who said they don't smoke , such as myself but think its an individual choice others are free to make. some people have said they thought it was damaging to people. they are all over the board. if a rah rah weed thread it should have been asked for up front. maybe its not good to read a thread about opinions if you don't actually want anyone else to have any that differ from yours.

i'm not posing the truth for anyone else. its opinion i derived from my own personal experiences and those directly with other people. just be honest. you don't like what i said because it threatens your personal belief system. if you believe in your opinion so much why get so upset anyway?

i'm not going to say what you said i should say because its not my personal truth. its only what you'd like to believe to justify your own opinions. its only your very narrow assessment of what i wrote because it was probably too long for you and you were too lazy to read what i actually wrote. if you don't have the patience to read something fully maybe you shouldn't comment on it.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

maybe the real problem is people have realized just how messed up it is to even feel they have to be stoned to like themselves fat and want to distract from that messed up mindset by getting into a moot argument over whether people can or should smoke weed. everyone here has already said its an individuals choice that they respect.

if weed doesn't make you accept yourself fat maybe we can try crack. not only won't we care about anything anymore, it would make us all skinny too.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-04-2011 at 11:19 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #46
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
I don't know if you actually read and absorb what other people write, or just get off on posting a whole lot of long winded blah blah blah.


It is not the same for everyone, fat, thin, socially inept or not etc.

Your truth is yours, so when the op asks




You coulda said "I dont know so much personally, šept I had it eons a go when I was a uneducated kid & I have believed all the social stigma about it sinse due to my limited exposure & lack of google power, cos I can..."

There are over 1100 different strains and then you have crosses, they all affect you differently. One thing about stoners, and users in general is that they are VERY open minded. I am active within the pot community I come accross people of all walks of life, with all kinds of life experiences and there are no commonalities bar seeking pleasure, relief, stimulation and joy.
i think you conveniently forgot this part of the ops post in your quote:

I am incredibly interested in all if your opions and experiences so please leave me some feed back.


which strain is the open minded strain? it must not be highly available.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #47
Miss Vickie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,988
Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Okay, I'll bite. Since I've hung with a rather nerdy crowd since my teens, it was not something offered to me except rarely, and it wasn't something I sought out. I think I got high once in college, once in young adulthood before I had a kid, and twice in my "middle age". It just doesn't do it for me. I have craptastic lungs because I have a serious, life threatening lung disease (Sarcoidosis); the last time I tried it, the breathing issues continued for DAYS, despite using a vaporizer which was supposed to be "better". I tried eating it in something and felt nothing. I think it tastes awful, I hate the smell, and it didn't do crap for my headaches, so for me, no, it's not useful.

Also, since I'm an RN, I can't run the risk of having anything in my system that can negatively affect my ability to care for my patients in emergency situations. I metabolize alcohol quickly and only drink on nights I don't work the next day so it's well out of my system. I much prefer drinking because I'm a foodie and love the way good wine tastes, love how grapes are grown, wine is made, the various subtle smells and tastes in wines. So I'm much more into that than anything else. I don't drink wine to get drunk, although it does relax me; I drink it because it tastes good and enhances the food I'm eating.

I don't have an issue with other people smoking, but some of this judgmental stuff should really have no place on this particular board. Hyde Park? Yes. BBW Forum? Not so much.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #48
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
... or third hand experiences/assumptions of the people you assist because you are only dealing with a cross section minority, that seemingly cant keep their shit together and blow their minds at the same time.


It is not the same for everyone, fat, thin, socially inept or not etc.
how judgmental is this? no one is too smart to become addicted. its an illness. people can't help if they have the tendency. so now if a person is struggling with addiction its an intellectual failing or they are inept? they are just too dumb to "keep their shit together" ? this really shows me just how little you understand or care about what people struggle with. you do know there are a lot of people fighting addictions right here? they are great people and are very intelligent. a lot of them, even though they have to manage their recovery, probably keep their shit together better than you do.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #49
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista
 
Fallenangel2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bronx New York
Posts: 757
Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

I am ehh when it comes to the subject. I've smoked a bit, and will smoke socially, but I can take it or leave it. I respect everyone's right to smoke, to carry out their right's to choose etc, but I don't get anything from it. And I guess I am very cautious when it comes to the subject because I've seen what drugs (Any drug really) can do to people and have a bit of a phobia of it. I know something like weed seems silly to be afraid of, most people don't even consider it a drug, but I guess when you come from a family who has dealt with as much substance abuse issues as me you have a negative feeling towards all of it.

Of course no negativity directed at anyone who smokes, and I just for my own reasons tend to not be that much of a fan. Just my opinion.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #50
jen68
 
jen68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 47
jen68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjen68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyGurly74 View Post
I have a BA, an IQ over 140 and the amount of pot I have smoked in my life over the last almost 37 years is negligible. I have been sitting on an amount of pot for over 2 weeks now and I haven't smoked. Just as I would not pop Xanex every 2 hours. I do not consume pot in vast amounts to even make the comparison logical. As a person who had a father who finally stopped drinking about 4 years prior to his death it was already to late..he had cirrhosis ...he could have lived longer with tarred up lungs than a shot liver - fact.

And as far as bad for your lungs, the smoke is identical, but, not the effects. Nor exactly what it does. Chronic smokers of cigarettes can consume 10 cigarettes a day - how many 1 and 2 packs of smokers has anyone known in their life? The sheer difference in the amount of consumption of the average pot smoker vs cigarette. I can't smoke an entire blunt by myself, it would render me incapacitated let alone 10 of those a day. lol Also, cigarette smoke is absorbed into the lungs differently and goes into the small bronchial pathways...pot only into the large lung area..etc...ad nasuem.

I have watched my family be destroyed and I have been beaten severely because of alcohol. Alcohol is the worst drug known to man (recent studies again show this).. it eats the brain, kills the body, and destroys families and lives when abused. Not to mention the deaths from when someone is intoxicated gets behind the wheel - and it is legal because alcohol companies have a lot of money to pay lobbyists to keep it legal.

And honestly eating half the shit most of us do eat will kill us too.. heart disease is the leading killer of women now.

But, no way in hell is pot the big bad.
I agree most of the shit we eat with its additives, preservatives, hormones, pesticides and who knows what else in them will kill much faster than the alcohol I socialy drink and the tobacco and weed I occasionaly smoke
jen68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.