Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #51
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,129
mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
i read threads on the boards regardless of how they relate to me. something wrong with that? besides i was repling directly ONLY to the part i highlighted in red.
You can read anything you have access to, gangs. Not calling for removal of your eyeballs.

A fat woman said that someone judged her. She gets to say that without someone, who is not a fat woman, asking if she is sure she knows what she experienced. She says it on the BBW FORUM, in a thread asking fat women a question.

" If a BBW starts a thread asking specifically for BBW input, DO NOT comment in the thread. " That's part of the rules here.

You have questions like this ?...take them to a forum that isn't protected.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #52
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette
 
PunkyGurly74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 922
PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Eating fatty foods is like smoking pot... hehehe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_890444.html
__________________
"Well behaved women rarely make history" L.T.U.

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #53
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows
 
Your Plump Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 5,542
Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

It hasn't had either a good or bad effect on me and my love for myself.

All it does is mellow me out.
__________________
~(❤)~ Peace and Love! ~(❤)~

Last edited by Your Plump Princess; 07-05-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Your Plump Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 AM   #54
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake
 
moniquessbbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 779
moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up

I will be a stoner till the day I die. Legalize it every where. I live in California so I am able to get a prescription. It has helped me recover from so much illness. It is better for me than taking pain pills. If I took all of the pain pills per day I was prescribed I would be a pill junkie. The pharmacy has it in all forms, Plants, edibles, drinkables, Indica, or Sativa. Indica is an all over body high and helps pain. Sativaís are more of a day time high so you can function and not suffer from too much pain. I am a pot snob. It has to a good strain or donít waste your money. Buy the one hit wonder and you will use less than the stress crap they sell by the big bags for nothing. Recently I was talked into trying a hybrid plant thatís a split of Indica and Sativa. It was no good at all. I will never ever try that again. I tried two different Hybrids. I Poo Poo the hybrids. If in California I highly recommend reading the LA or OC Weekly. They have a section full of pharmacy locations with great deals. Thatís my 2 cents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob.jpg (48.7 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by moniquessbbw; 07-06-2011 at 04:21 AM.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #55
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I've tried it twice and each time was a bad experience. First I had an allergic reaction to something in it that sent me to the hospital. I tried it again years later and it made me feel anxious and I was convinced I was dying. I cried myself to sleep. Guess I'll be sticking with pills and alcohol.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #56
lollipops708
 
lollipops708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: texas! its bloody hot here!
Posts: 22
lollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Maybe you should just be nicer about things

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
i worry about people thinking that somehow drugs are the way to self acceptance self love etc... that's really sad.
I worry about the fact that you feel the need to be constantly condescending to people on a regular basis, or about the fact that you feel the need to post negative comments repeatedly even after you have made your point such as this.

Look, not a big fan of the green stuff? hey thats great i know (and are friends with) tons of people who have the same view. however the difference is they dont feel the need to constantly put down and look down upon those who do use it. lets see how it works the other way around, lets take a look at you.

if i see correctly you're holding a glass of wine in your profile pick. well did you know that alcohol will do horrible horrible things to your body that weed would never and for that matter could never do. i understand you work with junkies and drugies and people who just got dragged wayward by there vices and addictions.

but to be quite honest even if marijuana was addictive ( which is honestly still in question because of new studies, the addiction covers psychological addiction and mild to no-existent signs of physical addiction,and only 10% of users become in any way addicted read the article if you're interested:http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/1...ine-addiction/)



it's not likely that you will become a pot junkie,on the other hand when it comes to drinking it is very addictive and on top of that Alcohol is so
much so that were passing on the vulnerability to alcoholism to our children. Children of alcoholics are significantly more likely than children of nonalcoholics to initiate drinking at a young age and develop alcoholism later on in life.

So when you drink, not only are you possibly ruining your life, but your childrens too, for that nice little "buzz" that everyone loves. and while you're playing quarters and getting smahed with your friends that alcohol in your hand is turning your liver into a cocktail onion and making your brain into a very distasteful parody of swiss cheese.

now you may not drink alot, hell that picture may be the only damn time you've ever picked up a drink. but tell me how would you like it if everytime some one heard you talking about having a glass a wine or maybe getting a drink they rounded on you going off on how you are the underbelly of society and just maybe some one should send you to a drug program because honestly your're obviously some lowlife street junkie prowling the streets for you're next fix.

so next time you want to get you're point across that you dont like it remember to think of what it would be like in the other persons shoe.
Dislike it, hate it i dont care because it is your god given right to do so. just as it is mine to like it and i completely support you not liking it just on the base fact that you are damn well allowed to do so. but try not to be such a bitch about it next time.

oh and seriously this thread made me realize somthing. this forum is not open minded and accepting and nurturing. so your all fat and you all love your self well isnt that great. but it seems to me that every chance thats made some one around here is putting someone else down. how about yall look past your own noses in the air once in a while and remember being fat isnt the only thing you have to be open minded about.
lollipops708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #57
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 53
randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipops708 View Post
how about yall look past your own noses in the air once in a while and remember being fat isnt the only thing you have to be open minded about.
This to infinity. I'm new here, but I've seen a lot of closed minds floating around. We all are entitled to our opinions, of course.

To answer the question, weed doesn't help or hinder me in any way regarding my "road to self love" or whatever. I enjoy it for helping with pain, because I don't do well with pills. I enjoy it for recreation as well.

I'm smart, I function well on a regular basis, I have a life. Weed isn't helping me mask my feelings or make me feeling better about myself. That's what macaroni and cheese is for.
randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #58
penguin
Fnord
 
penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia.
Posts: 5,249
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipops708 View Post
how about yall look past your own noses in the air once in a while and remember being fat isnt the only thing you have to be open minded about.
Absolutely.
__________________
Wishlist because I like stuff
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #59
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipops708 View Post
I worry about the fact that you feel the need to be constantly condescending to people on a regular basis, or about the fact that you feel the need to post negative comments repeatedly even after you have made your point such as this.

Look, not a big fan of the green stuff? hey thats great i know (and are friends with) tons of people who have the same view. however the difference is they dont feel the need to constantly put down and look down upon those who do use it. lets see how it works the other way around, lets take a look at you.

if i see correctly you're holding a glass of wine in your profile pick. well did you know that alcohol will do horrible horrible things to your body that weed would never and for that matter could never do. i understand you work with junkies and drugies and people who just got dragged wayward by there vices and addictions.

but to be quite honest even if marijuana was addictive ( which is honestly still in question because of new studies, the addiction covers psychological addiction and mild to no-existent signs of physical addiction,and only 10% of users become in any way addicted read the article if you're interested:http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/1...ine-addiction/)



it's not likely that you will become a pot junkie,on the other hand when it comes to drinking it is very addictive and on top of that Alcohol is so
much so that were passing on the vulnerability to alcoholism to our children. Children of alcoholics are significantly more likely than children of nonalcoholics to initiate drinking at a young age and develop alcoholism later on in life.

So when you drink, not only are you possibly ruining your life, but your childrens too, for that nice little "buzz" that everyone loves. and while you're playing quarters and getting smahed with your friends that alcohol in your hand is turning your liver into a cocktail onion and making your brain into a very distasteful parody of swiss cheese.

now you may not drink alot, hell that picture may be the only damn time you've ever picked up a drink. but tell me how would you like it if everytime some one heard you talking about having a glass a wine or maybe getting a drink they rounded on you going off on how you are the underbelly of society and just maybe some one should send you to a drug program because honestly your're obviously some lowlife street junkie prowling the streets for you're next fix.

so next time you want to get you're point across that you dont like it remember to think of what it would be like in the other persons shoe.
Dislike it, hate it i dont care because it is your god given right to do so. just as it is mine to like it and i completely support you not liking it just on the base fact that you are damn well allowed to do so. but try not to be such a bitch about it next time.

oh and seriously this thread made me realize somthing. this forum is not open minded and accepting and nurturing. so your all fat and you all love your self well isnt that great. but it seems to me that every chance thats made some one around here is putting someone else down. how about yall look past your own noses in the air once in a while and remember being fat isnt the only thing you have to be open minded about.

its fine with me if some individual person feels they have to dope themselves into oblivion just to like themselves the way they are or just for the heck of it. however connecting drug use up with fat acceptance in a way that tries to compel everyone else to agree with that is wrong. if the thread had been about smoking alone i would have felt like saying more power to you. but i really feel that what some are talking about is counter to fat acceptance. in case some hadn't realized this site is supposed to have quite a bit to do with that, especially the BBW forum. recreational use for an individual person is just fine but tying it to fat acceptance in a group setting is just not right.

people complain about the stereotypes of fat women always crying and hating themselves. now add to that doping themselves silly because they feel their bodies are so ugly and because they are so miserably unhealthy? i'm not talking about people becoming junkies. it might be hard for people to get that the message they are sending that you have to be high to deal with being fat is reinforcing that its some god awful predicament you need to medicate for either to forget that a fat body is ugly or to forget the painful damage a person has done to their body just by being fat. that's the main point. keep pretending that this is only a discussion about drug use and addiction. its not. its a discussion about hating yourself or loving yourself fat. if it wasn't why bring acceptance into it at all and just post it in the lounge.

sorry but i'll NEVER open my mind to anything that reinforces that being fat has to be a misery you need to medicate for.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-06-2011 at 06:32 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #60
lollipops708
 
lollipops708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: texas! its bloody hot here!
Posts: 22
lollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslollipops708 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
its fine with me if some individual person feels they have to dope themselves into oblivion just to like themselves the way they are or just for the heck of it. however connecting drug use up with fat acceptance in a way that tries to compel everyone else to agree with that is wrong. if the thread had been about smoking alone i would have felt like saying more power to you. but i really feel that what some are talking about is counter to fat acceptance. in case some hadn't realized this site is supposed to have quite a bit to do with that, especially the BBW forum. recreational use for an individual person is just fine but tying it to fat acceptance in a group setting is just not right.

people complain about the stereotypes of fat women always crying and hating themselves. now add to that doping themselves silly because they feel their bodies are so ugly and because they are so miserably unhealthy? i'm not talking about people becoming junkies. it might be hard for people to get that the message they are sending that you have to be high to deal with being fat is reinforcing that its some god awful predicament you need to medicate for either to forget that a fat body is ugly or to forget the painful damage a person has done to their body just by being fat. that's the main point. keep pretending that this is only a discussion about drug use and addiction. its not. its a discussion about hating yourself or loving yourself fat. if it wasn't why bring acceptance into it at all and just post it in the lounge.

sorry but i'll NEVER open my mind to anything that reinforces that being fat has to be a misery you need to medicate for.

the way that you responded to my earlier post just lets me know that you are being deliberately obtuse and to further try and reason with you would be a complete waste of my time.

We both know what the issue was, and hopefully one day you'll learn some manners and decency that im sure your mother tried her damnedest to instill in you.

Though my hope is little in that regard.
lollipops708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #61
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

PS: if someone is so sensitive that they think that when people have a different opinion from theirs that's a put down then that's their issue. the world does not owe anyone agreement or compliance.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #62
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipops708 View Post
the way that you responded to my earlier post just lets me know that you are being deliberately obtuse and to further try and reason with you would be a complete waste of my time.

We both know what the issue was, and hopefully one day you'll learn some manners and decency that im sure your mother tried her damnedest to instill in you.

Though my hope is little in that regard.
the manners my mother instilled in me had nothing to do with laying down when someone implies a link between fat women doing illegal drugs just to be able to take themselves. i know the reason you don't address that is because you know whats wrong with that idea. IMO its impolite if you expect all fat women to all accept that we are so horribly bad off that we have to dope ourselves out of it. i know exactly what your first post posed. maybe you should read it again. if you had the manners your mother instilled in you i doubt you would ever have even paired drugs and self love. if you had decency you would have never thought to make it the domain of fat women to become stoners just because they were fat in a BBW forum especially when , to be honest, stoner = loser out of touch slacker, not to me but most of the world outside. do fat women who only have occassional recreational use really need another negative stereotype to contend with?
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #63
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher
 
LillyBBBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,794
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
the manners my mother instilled in me had nothing to do with laying down when someone implies a link between fat women doing illegal drugs just to be able to take themselves. i know the reason you don't address that is because you know whats wrong with that idea. IMO its impolite if you expect all fat women to all accept that we are so horribly bad off that we have to dope ourselves out of it. i know exactly what your first post posed. maybe you should read it again. if you had the manners your mother instilled in you i doubt you would ever have even paired drugs and self love. if you had decency you would have never thought to make it the domain of fat women to become stoners just because they were fat in a BBW forum especially when , to be honest, stoner = loser out of touch slacker, not to me but most of the world outside. do fat women who only have occassional recreational use really need another negative stereotype to contend with?
Supero, for the record I didn't see that in her first post at all. I know many people, especially the elderly, who use weed to soften the impact of pain in the body. I had thought of it as an option myself when I get older but don't seem to be able to tolerate it very well which is a pity. I did not read her post as implying anquish about being fat but merely the physical stress that it does cause to some people and as a safer alternative to alcohol or prescription drugs. In my view these carry far more dangers of addiction than marijuana. There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of an advantage if you have one available to you. The stoner doper weed head is a stereotype.
__________________
Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #64
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 53
randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
to be honest, stoner = loser out of touch slacker, not to me but most of the world outside.
You are one person with an opinion, you are NOT "most of the world outside", so please stop speaking for them. Just because you know people who think like that does not mean "most" do.
randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #65
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomjenerator View Post
You are one person with an opinion, you are NOT "most of the world outside", so please stop speaking for them. Just because you know people who think like that does not mean "most" do.
i never said i thought of stoners as losers. i said many people do. you convenietly edited that part out to try and make your argument stick and make it once again into a stoner argument which it isn't. you're still avoiding the issue of attaching drug use to the ability to accept yourself fat.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #66
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Supero, for the record I didn't see that in her first post at all. I know many people, especially the elderly, who use weed to soften the impact of pain in the body. I had thought of it as an option myself when I get older but don't seem to be able to tolerate it very well which is a pity. I did not read her post as implying anquish about being fat but merely the physical stress that it does cause to some people and as a safer alternative to alcohol or prescription drugs. In my view these carry far more dangers of addiction than marijuana. There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of an advantage if you have one available to you. The stoner doper weed head is a stereotype.
yes i agree it is a stereotype and as i said not one that i agreed with. i see nothing wrong with someone using it medicinally either. i know there are aches and pains associated with being fat. the problem for me is that self acceptance or literally "self love" was mentioned:

"So fellow bbw's and ssbbw's has Mary,Jane helped or hindered you on your road to self love?"

that's what i take exception with, and the kinds of assumptions even asking that calls for being posted in the BBW forum. if it was in the lounge aimed at anyone i think i would have seen it the same way that you do. thin people have illnesses and aches and pains as well. but the idea that it has anything to do with fat people loving themselves makes me sick to my stomach. the idea that we have some special need to be bombed out of our skulls just to like ourselves is not a good one to be spreading. i don't think that's what size acceptance is going for.

we just read it differently. i interpreted things in ways you may not have. it doesn't make either one of us right or wrong. we just look at things differently.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-07-2011 at 11:38 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #67
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 53
randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep
Default

I edited nothing, I cut and pasted it directly.

I wasn't accusing you of calling stoners slacker, nor do I care if that is how you feel. I was saying that you do not speak for the rest of the world. You do NOT know how every other single living person on this planet feels about any issue, not just weed. None of us do.

I'm asking you to quit speaking on behalf on anyone other than yourself and stop making stupid generalizations of things you have no way of knowing.
randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #68
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomjenerator View Post
I edited nothing, I cut and pasted it directly.

I wasn't accusing you of calling stoners slacker, nor do I care if that is how you feel. I was saying that you do not speak for the rest of the world. You do NOT know how every other single living person on this planet feels about any issue, not just weed. None of us do.

I'm asking you to quit speaking on behalf on anyone other than yourself and stop making stupid generalizations of things you have no way of knowing.
a stereotype would not exist if enough people didn't believe it to an extent that a lot of people didn't think they had to refute it. all you have to do is google stoner to find out what the stereotype is. it doesn't make it right but that proves there are enough/many people who do think it enough for it to become a stereotype. that's enough evidence to say that yes, many believe that.
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #69
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 53
randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep
Default

Well if it's a common stereotype, it MUST be true. And since some people think it, I guess it is ok to just go ahead and assume "most of the world" does. Thank you for your critical thinking skills on this.

You can't argue with logic.

randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #70
superodalisque
 
superodalisque's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: atlanta
Posts: 7,580
superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomjenerator View Post
Well if it's a common stereotype, it MUST be true. And since some people think it, I guess it is ok to just go ahead and assume "most of the world" does. Thank you for your critical thinking skills on this.

You can't argue with logic.

i never said it was true. i already said i disagreed and you know it as you said previously yourself. i only sadi that it made an additional impression about who fat people are and what kind of input they need just to like themselves. you made up your own interpretation that looks like faulty logic. its not mine but what you are trying to characterize it as. the deflection isn't working.

back to the point, you still haven't said anything about whether its necessary to be stoned to have self love as a BBW. do you think a BBW needs to have it just to love herself or not?
__________________
Ayn Rand: "An emotion that clashes with your reason, an emotion that you cannot explain or control, is only the carcass of that stale thinking which you forbade your mind to revise."

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-07-2011 at 12:33 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #71
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 53
randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep
Default

I have answered the questions, if you cared to read the thread. Technically, I answered one, because I only speak for myself.

I had answered it before we even had this discussion. But you really just can't get past the enormity of your own words to see what other people say here...or really what you say, even.

It's time to disengage.
randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #72
EvilPrincess
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,083
EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Testing 1...2...3....Testing

Good Evening Gentle Persons,

Please be aware that this thread is in the BBW Forum. The topic is a controversial one, and seems to have gotten some feathers ruffled. Respect and thoughtful responses will keep this going the way it should.

Regards - EP
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #73
annakarina
 
annakarina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
annakarina has said some nice things
Default

I'm a pot smoker (used to be an everyday smoker in my early college days). I smoke very infrequently nowdays, like three-four times a month. Very recently I've gone cold turkey (I've been job hunting and need to pass drug tests) . When I get a bad headache or a bad menstural period it is my wonder drug. Definatly its not for everyone, but its alot less harmful than many prescriptions and alcohol for that matter.
annakarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #74
Saoirse
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,099
Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I've decided I may as well be a walking stoner stereotype, so I've begun to dread my hair
__________________
A match in the rain, a moth to the flame
A pleasure-seeking yahoo with a penchant for pain
A double-decker bus of trouble, I'm in the way
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #75
Lamia
Like OMG!!
 
Lamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Land of Nod
Posts: 1,627
Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I've never smoked pot or cigarettes. I drink socially. I think if other people like it they should be able to indulge. I think it's stupid that it's criminalized.
__________________
"Do not call the tortoise unworthy because she is not something else"
Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.