Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in
Default A question of opinion

Hi there, sticking my head in to ask something.

While doing some idle writing last night, I thought of something I don't know how to answer, because my experiences don't/can't allow for the knowledge needed to do so. First, for those of you unaware, I have a tendency to write/roleplay lesbians and lesbian relationships. Gods know why I have this fixation of sorts, but suffice to say I'm a straight guy and have no intent on changing that. Either way...

I'm curious if there might be some sort of "purist"/"non-purist" division within the lesbian community as a whole on the subject of dildos and/or strap-ons. To elaborate on the logic that led me to this idea: the root concept of lesbianism is that you (lesbians in general) are not attracted to or interested in men, having sex with men, etc. So I got to wondering, in the purist/non-purist vein, if there's any sort of schism over the use of dildos and/or strap-ons for sexual stimulation purposes, given that these devices are both designed/intended to simulate a certain male organ, which the root concept of lesbianism would hold that you (I use that in the Royal sense again) have no direct interest in.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
Hi there, sticking my head in to ask something.

While doing some idle writing last night, I thought of something I don't know how to answer, because my experiences don't/can't allow for the knowledge needed to do so. First, for those of you unaware, I have a tendency to write/roleplay lesbians and lesbian relationships. Gods know why I have this fixation of sorts, but suffice to say I'm a straight guy and have no intent on changing that. Either way...

I'm curious if there might be some sort of "purist"/"non-purist" division within the lesbian community as a whole on the subject of dildos and/or strap-ons. To elaborate on the logic that led me to this idea: the root concept of lesbianism is that you (lesbians in general) are not attracted to or interested in men, having sex with men, etc. So I got to wondering, in the purist/non-purist vein, if there's any sort of schism over the use of dildos and/or strap-ons for sexual stimulation purposes, given that these devices are both designed/intended to simulate a certain male organ, which the root concept of lesbianism would hold that you (I use that in the Royal sense again) have no direct interest in.
I don't know that there is, but since I don't self-idenitfy as a 100% lesbian, I am no expert. Some queer women don't care for/need to utilize sexual behavior that places objects inside the vagina, but I don't know of any political debates or schisms within the community about this. I would imagine that many queer women would take issue with anyone making a one-to-one comparison between dildos and such as being 'imitative' of heterosexual vaginal intercourse. Just like a heterosexual couple having anal sex doesn't make them 'gay,' or having 'gay' sex, two women using a strap on for vaginal penetration doesn't make them 'het' or having 'heterosexual' sex.

Just my two cents. Good luck with the writing.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Thanks for the response. So if I understand right, there is pretense for the existence of non-het women who do not use male organ simulation devices, but no pronounced movement or faction that you are aware of. Cool. This fits decently well with what I expected, though in less concrete terms.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
Thanks for the response. So if I understand right, there is pretense for the existence of non-het women who do not use male organ simulation devices, but no pronounced movement or faction that you are aware of. Cool. This fits decently well with what I expected, though in less concrete terms.
Yes. but I'm not as knowledgable as I should be about lesbian sexual behavior. Plus, depending on the age of the characters you're writing about, perhaps there were movements in earlier eras that felt that it was ideologically important to dismantle the focus on the phallic entity in sexual relations between women. Good luck with the writing.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
slurpeekell12

slurpeekell12 has said some nice things

I know pure (gold star) lesbians who love penetration & using toys/dildos. I'd say every woman is individual & agree with Butch that there definitely is not a political movement or separation within the community on this issue. Just like heterosexual women we all like whatever it is that turns us on, if that's penetration sometimes we use toys to get off. That being said just because a lesbian likes penetration does not mean she is less of a lesbian or should/could be with a man. I know there are plenty of straight women who prefer oral sex to penetration but that doesn't mean they are attracted to women (as much as I'd like them to be just my 2 cents