Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default What are your favorite work-day treats?

There's something about working hard at your job that makes a special treat, well, so much more special.
My favorite treats at work are:

-Anytime someone brings ANYTHING in for free.
-Once-a-month pizza day.
-Having a lax work environment and the occasional ice cold beer while on the clock.
And my favorite:
Working two blocks from Dairy Queen and having great, committed interns who do ice cream runs whenever anyone asks. Today I got a medium chocolate peanut butter cup blizzard delivered to me.
Even better, this DQ is in the ghetto and they didn't get the memo about portion control on the candy add-ins. I think my blizzard had at least 3 peanut butter cups. So much chocolate I *almost* didn't finish it.

Now, what about you?

*Feel to answer no matter what your work is! Being a parent is work too, and I'm sure some of us are without traditional "work".
Old 06-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tostitos tortilla chips and Tapatillo hot sauce that I can pour onto the chips.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger
Tostitos tortilla chips and Tapatillo hot sauce that I can pour onto the chips.
Yes! Hot sauce! We always have a HUGE bottle of it around the office for chips, and also pizza.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I work in a medical office, and honestly there is ALWAYS food in that place. Drug reps bring it, our boss brings in donuts and muffins and then there are the office potlucks, so that is fun.

My favorite me-brought in food snack is wasabi peas. I like the crunch and burn and I don't eat too many. I also have Coffee Nips and soft peppermints. Sometimes Gummi Bears or Orange and Cherry Slices. I like something that is easy to keep but not easy to eat. If I keep that stuff around I sit and graze all day long while sitting in my little office.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I tend to snack on cut up fruit - no dip.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I feel guilty (almost..lol) replying to this cuz I don't work anymore but one of my recent favorites is this REALLY yummy **fresh** salsa that I got when I went visiting labor day weekend. I scoop it with tortilla chips or wavy lays potato chips We only brought 2 containers home and they are long gone **sniffle...sniffle** This is said to illicite sympathy from INDY so she will get in her new car and bring me some..oh..and some of that pasta salad too please.. also excuse any spelling or grammer errors as I am faint from hunger..
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:04 AM   #7
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I keep a jar.. a big jar of chocolate and candy and such on my desk for my department to snack on. Once in awhile someone will contribute money or their own sack of stuff to the pot. Currently, Its half full of toosie roll midgees.

In my stash, I have smoked almonds (those new Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy; and the Smoked Jalopeno), a bottle of salted roasted peanuts, a packet of teriyaki beef jerky, a can of Pringles Salt and Vinegar, a bag of dark chocolate kit kats (Mine! I tell you! Mine!), and a 12 pack of Vault Zero.
<--- JunkFoodJunkie!!

I also keep a bottle of tabasco handy for just in case.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:39 AM   #8
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love having a slice of cheesecake at work at about 5 am. Not sure why. Often I just don't have the time to sit down and eat anything though.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I keep a jar.. a big jar of chocolate and candy and such on my desk for my department to snack on.
I do the same thing!! I have lots of jars of different treats on the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
.....and a 12 pack of Vault Zero.
I just tried that the other day - I really like it! Tastes like a gin and tonic to me.

But I need to watch my caffeine. sigh.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #10
Lexi

Lexi can now change their title

My favorite me-brought in food snack is wasabi peas. I like the crunch and burn and I don't eat too many. I also have Coffee Nips and soft peppermints. Sometimes Gummi Bears or Orange and Cherry Slices. I like something that is easy to keep but not easy to eat. If I keep that stuff around I sit and graze all day long while sitting in my little office.[/QUOTE]

I love Wasabi Peas too. I always try to eat more them my mouth can handle the heat of! Then im chugging water all day LOL
Lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #11
activistfatgirl

Wasabi peas are truly incredible. I love how some of them are spicier than others and all of sudden your sinuses are all good and cleaned out!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #12
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Working remotely from home, I'm missin' out on a lot of work-day treats now.

I miss the:

--- Thursday meeting donuts. My boss has the best bakery connections.
--- Free sodas and bottled waters at meetings.
--- Free hot chocolate at the printer stations. Coffee/Tea was there too. Oh, and hot cider (the mix variety).
--- The monthly birthday cake.