Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA Myths Thread #10

I had to look through the thread to pick a suggestion. Keep them coming folks!

"FAs must have had some childhood experience that made them like fat women."

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 07-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I still feel that the trait is both nature and nurture. I know the mind is very impressionable through childhood, but I think this is a myth in that there's often this view that being FA is the result of a mother complex issue for example. It always has to come down to some random moment in childhood in the eyes of those that don't really know. There's nothing wrong with something happening or someone being there while one is young to draw the trait out, but that's not the case for everyone.

I went through this starting when I was 12. My upbringing was no different. I just took a different route in the end. My family is a variety of sizes. I feel that might have aided in the cause with me being taught acceptance of people of all sizes while growing up (Albeit volatile... highs and lows), but looking back now I do not really think it had that big of an effect.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
J_Underscore

J_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot pics

Can a moderater please delete this
I misread, I didn't think this was a "topic of the moment" thread I thought it was a shout-out thread

Last edited by J_Underscore; 07-11-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

I don't accept this myth. I think the admiration for full-figured women is all nature. Nurture simply affects when someone admits this preference to themselves. But the innate attraction is always there; the only question is the degree of suppression/denial.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't pinpoint any specific moment where I was "imprinted" or anything so if it was something in my past it was so subtle I don't remember it. Somehow I don't think imprinting would be effective if you don't remember what was imprinted on you.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never had any "formative experience" that I am aware of. No fat relatives, no fat people around me (there weren't any in Switzerland), nothing.

Yet, I remember having strong reactions on the few occasions I was confronted with fatness well before I became sexually aware. The preference and magic appear to have always been part of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I had to look through the thread to pick a suggestion. Keep them coming folks!

"FAs must have had some childhood experience that made them like fat women."
Old 07-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

The only thing I can really point to are that my first two babysitters were AT LEAST size 24, young, and pretty, being high school/college aged and such.

If it IS based on something like that, then this is it. If not, who knows.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hm, not that I remember. I just remember like larger women ever since I was a little kid. I don't think it was because of any event or whatever.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Yet, I remember having strong reactions on the few occasions I was confronted with fatness well before I became sexually aware. The preference and magic appear to have always been part of me.
Me, too. And nobody had a more anti-fat nurturing than this child. If there is ever a Fatphobe Hall of Fame, my parents' statues will be right inside the entrance. I also had a cadre of aunts whose conversation ran the (very short) gamut from worrying about their weight to expressing contempt for women heavier than themselves. I kept my mouth shut and wondered if I were adopted.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Me, too. And nobody had a more anti-fat nurturing than this child. If there is ever a Fatphobe Hall of Fame, my parents' statues will be right inside the entrance. I also had a cadre of aunts whose conversation ran the (very short) gamut from worrying about their weight to expressing contempt for women heavier than themselves. I kept my mouth shut and wondered if I were adopted.
See what "terrible" things can come from airing anti-fat prejudice! It just pushes people over to the other side.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

Uh yeah, I had a childhood experience. My parents brought us up nudist. We went occasionally to a nudist park in Topanga Canyon called Elysium Fields. One year when I was 10 or 11 my family was there, and I saw a splendidly curvy supersize or at least high-midsize blonde woman walk across the grass and plop down next to her husband and kids, and I thought to myself, "I...... I want a girlfriend like this!!!!!' That childhood experience enough for ya? :P
Old 07-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #12
JulianDW

JulianDW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJulianDW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJulianDW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
See what "terrible" things can come from airing anti-fat prejudice! It just pushes people over to the other side.
My family was quite anti-fat also, I wonder if that pushed me to the.... other side LOL
Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #13
SillyLady
I am random.

SillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I remember when I was a kid and saw Sleeping Beauty for the first time. Merryweather was always my favorite fairy bc I just thought she looked the prettiest. Then as I was growing up I noticed that I always thought the fatter cartoon characters were prettier.

Nothing in my life had an impact on that for sure, bc my family was so mean about being anything above the reccomended weight. So much so that I hated myself and felt disgusted when I saw anyone my size or bigger. But still thought the cartoon characters were beautiful.

Now... I see through my family's hate and I was never actually disgusted about myself or others. I was more ashamed of what my family was going to say and feared it and mistook that for disgust. Now, I try very hard daily to build confidence in other BBW and SSBBWs. As Bette Midler put it.. "We're beautiful, we're beautiful, we're beautiful.. dammit!"

Twitter @amberbombshells (make sure to add the S at the end)
Old 07-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #14
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
LOL i think that goes for most people.what most people are denied of is what they end up wanting the most alot of the time.LOL
Old 07-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Other than watching the infamous "Audrey's Dream" scene from European Vacation I really had no experience when I was a kid that led me to like larger ladies. I also saw the Willy Wonka scene when I was a child but that did nothing for me (still doesn't really) so how I ever became an F/A I'll never truly know.

I mean on the surface, seeing my friend 50 pounds heavier on the first day of school my senior year after not seeing her for 3 months was what got me truly started but there really were no signs I'd be into that until it happened.

The whole "your mother was fat" argument doesn't apply because my mother wasn't fat until I was already like 19 and she's lost the weight since then.

I can't think of any other classic examples other than "your friends were fat" because I had a fat friend in elementary school but I wasn't attracted to her.

Everyone's different I guess.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sure somewhere there is a guy, probably more than one, who thinks just that.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #17
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Goofy*Girl* View Post
Has "I have a small penis only a fat chick could accept" been mentioned yet?
That's another myth lol
Old 07-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed
Default As a Matter of Fact......

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Goofy*Girl* View Post
Has "I have a small penis only a fat chick could accept" been mentioned yet?
Actually, one time when I told some guys about it, their reaction was exactly the opposite: "You must have some pipe to be able to do that!!!"
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #19
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfcat View Post
Actually, one time when I told some guys about it, their reaction was exactly the opposite: "You must have some pipe to be able to do that!!!"
Ah, the secret truth about FAs is finally revealed.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
Lear

Lear has said some nice things

I've always just assumed i was wired for the wrong century

Seriously though I can't think of anything that particularly made me an FA. I had several very fat teachers early on but I'd say if anything they influenced my thing for women who were comfortable in their own body.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #21
MrRabbit

MrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If it is not innate, I'm sure there must be some Freudian explanation for it. In any case, like Conrad, I remember already being attracked to fat when I was still a child.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
MrRabbit

MrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Maybe one day this will be a great topic for someone's psychology thesis.
Closed Thread