Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: Have you ever eaten SpaghettiOs cold out of the can?
Yes! I do it all the time. 11 14.47%
No! That is barbaric. 22 28.95%
Every once in a while, so -- yes. 23 30.26%
Never eaten those hoopular things. 20 26.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Have you ever...

...eaten SpaghettiOs cold out of the can? Inquiring minds want to know.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, yes I have. More than once.

I've ate lots of things cold out of the can, 'cause sometimes dude, you don't have three minutes to nuke something, sometimes a girl needs her pasta product in sweet ketchup ASAP.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Yes, yes I have. More than once.

I've ate lots of things cold out of the can, 'cause sometimes dude, you don't have three minutes to nuke something, sometimes a girl needs her pasta product in sweet ketchup ASAP.
Awlright then! Get your vote on! ....which you already did. NEVER MIND.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
Awlright then! Get your vote on! ....which you already did. NEVER MIND.
Actually I didn't see the poll till after I responded.
I love polls.
really.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Love them that way, and the sound of the spoon dragging over the ridges in the can is probably half of the appeal for me.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Never had spaghetti-os, but I have eaten ravioli "raw".
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
liz (di-va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Love them that way, and the sound of the spoon dragging over the ridges in the can is probably half of the appeal for me.
Interestin. V interestin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
Never had spaghetti-os, but I have eaten ravioli "raw".
Brutal. Farouche. V interestin as well.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post

AHHHHHHHH metal on metal - aaahhhhhh!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I didn't have my first can of Spaghetti-O's until I had my first apartment because in my Italian-American family, canned pasta was considered blasphemy. I loved it. It was like candy to me. So is the ravioli, but the Shop-rite brand I like better. LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
liz (di-va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I didn't have my first can of Spaghetti-O's until I had my first apartment because in my Italian-American family, canned pasta was considered blasphemy. I loved it. It was like candy to me. So is the ravioli, but the Shop-rite brand I like better. LOL
They have about that much HFCS in them, I think! Yum.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
liz (di-va)

22 respondents!! I tremble with fact-gathering excitement!!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Cold from the can is the ONLY way I eat spaghetti-os. Love the ones with meatballs the best. The sauce is thicker than the plain ones. I also eat Chunky chicken corn chowder cold from the can, too. It's even better when you dip WonderBread in it.

ETA: I can't believe us cold-can-eaters are the minority! I think some people are fibbin'
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've done it when I couldn't find a clean bowl to use. I haven't had Spaghetti-Os or anything similar in a lonnnng time, but I've eaten it straight from the can maybe 3 times.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to buy Spaghetti O's int he 8 pack at Costco. I ate them out of the can a lot. My favorite way to eat them is with grated cheddar melted in it though I haven't had the O's in a long time.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Comfort food. It was served hot to me when I was young-er. However, its a secret happy joy cold from the can. (any size can will do)

Prior to being bought out by Campbell's Foods, RavioliOs had the same cheddar cheese-flavored tomato sauce as SpaghettiOs, but since it has become adulterated and it now shares in flavor to ChefBoyArDee Ravioli. There's this dread I have that someday, SpaghettiOs will lose its one-in-a-millon cheddar cheese flavored tomato sauce, and also taste like ChefBoyArDee.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
liz (di-va)

neck N neck!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So prone to suggestion, I had Spaghetti-O's for dinner tonight.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

I don't think I've even eaten more than a spoonful of Spaghetti-O's since I was a kid. My uncle (close in age, raised together) used to have huge fights over who got the meatballs. It ended up with my grandma having to take them out and split them evenly. She's way more patient than I would have been. I tasted one a few years ago and could not figure out why I would willingly eat one let alone fight over it.

Anyway, my intake of cold Spaghetti-O's is limited to licking the spoon after scraping the can into a pot to warm up for someone else. I wasn't impressed.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #19
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

lol i used to do that a couple of times when i was a kid.LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
sw33tness3

sw33tness3 can now change their title

didnt eat spaghettio's very often growing up and still dont. but i have eaten them straight outta the can before. also eat cream of mushroom soup outta the can on occasion.. and green beans. lol
sw33tness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #21
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
So prone to suggestion, I had Spaghetti-O's for dinner tonight.
Also prone to suggestion, I purchased regular, with sliced franks, and with meatballs. Cold? But of course! :9
Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #22
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love eating canned food straight from the can like a hobo . I also enjoy eating some of the Campbells soups cold from the can like chicken noodle and vegetable beef or alphabet vegetable soups.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #23
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I almost threw up when I read this question. I sort of liked Spaghettios when I was a kid, but then I got to be a teenager and started baby-sitting during the summers. For one family, all the kids wanted to eat was Spaghettios. Just the thought of them makes me sick now. I cannot foresee myself ever, EVER, eating them again.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #24
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW Betty View Post
I almost threw up when I read this question. I sort of liked Spaghettios when I was a kid, but then I got to be a teenager and started baby-sitting during the summers. For one family, all the kids wanted to eat was Spaghettios. Just the thought of them makes me sick now. I cannot foresee myself ever, EVER, eating them again.
Not even ice cold out of a can, that overcooked pasta sliding around your tongue?

My answer - nope. I used to love, way back, canned ravioli with a side of cottage cheese and a red cabbage salad. I was hooked on that stuff for a while. Never cold...well, the pasta.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #25
liz (di-va)

44 votes, not counting those with hanging chads!!!