Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: Have you ever eaten SpaghettiOs cold out of the can?
Yes! I do it all the time. 11 14.47%
No! That is barbaric. 22 28.95%
Every once in a while, so -- yes. 23 30.26%
Never eaten those hoopular things. 20 26.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #26
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I voted No! I like my spaghetti hoops as they're called here, piping hot, with a bit of grated cheese stirred intoo them 'til melted, a tad salt (why have they taken the damn salt out of everything now!) and then eaten on hot buttered toast, mmm!

Cold spaghetti or most things from a can make me shudder.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #27
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't fathom eating them hot let alone cold.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Many solar cycles ago, I would eat canned pasta straight out of the can. I called it "depression food," because I would eat it when I was having a fit of depression. When life became too bleak under the crushing weight of depression, canned cold pasta would comfort me.

These days I can't stomach the canned pasta hot, let alone cold.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #29
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Interesting. Strong feelings about canned pasta across the board, there are.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #30
Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!

I only ate them out of the can cold once. That was enough. I usually try to eat pretty natural foods, but for some reason, I love, love, love all that canned pasta crap. I'm more of a ravioli girl though and like a couple of other posters here, I enhance it from time to time. I like to melt a little bit of neufchatel or cream cheese in it. I don't know why. I will also freely admit to having done just that last week. i had a major canned ravioli craving.
Dr. P Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #31
Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!Dr. P Marshall keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not sure how to take this, but today I went to the grocery store and they were having a spaghettios sale and I was confronted with a huge,stacked display.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P Marshall View Post
I'm not sure how to take this, but today I went to the grocery store and they were having a spaghettios sale and I was confronted with a huge,stacked display.
SIGN FROM G-D
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #33
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I only ate them out of the can cold once. That was enough. I usually try to eat pretty natural foods, but for some reason, I love, love, love all that canned pasta crap. I'm more of a ravioli girl though and like a couple of other posters here, I enhance it from time to time. I like to melt a little bit of neufchatel or cream cheese in it. I don't know why. I will also freely admit to having done just that last week. i had a major canned ravioli craving.
Ooh - that sounds good!

Reminds me of a casserole my mom used to make with layers of egg noodles, meat in tomato sauce, and a cottage cheese/cream cheese mixture. It was always better the next day, warmed up on the stove all mixed together, with the cheesiness melting into the tomatoey meatiness, coating the noodles.

Surely, I can find a similar recipe on the interwebz...
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #34
Dr. P Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
Ooh - that sounds good!

Yeah, it is good. I discovered it one night because I went on this weird neufchatel kick a few years back (I get on these weird kicks for awhile about a food) and I was convinced it could make almost anything better. Sometimes I was wrong, horribly wrong, but this one I was right about.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #35
liz (di-va)

As long as we're divulging weird noodle stories: my fav way to eat mini ravioli when I get a crave is with Fritos stirred in. Weird n trashy. But so good!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #36
Dr. P Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
As long as we're divulging weird noodle stories: my fav way to eat mini ravioli when I get a crave is with Fritos stirred in. Weird n trashy. But so good!
OK, I have to ask, how did you ever think of doing that in the first place? I'm sure it's good, but what made you decide to put those two together?
Old 07-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #37
liz (di-va)

Quote:
OK, I have to ask, how did you ever think of doing that in the first place? I'm sure it's good, but what made you decide to put those two together?
I think it was brokeass, Walgreens-shopping, salt-craving desperation. Probably.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #38
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
Ooh - that sounds good!

Reminds me of a casserole my mom used to make with layers of egg noodles, meat in tomato sauce, and a cottage cheese/cream cheese mixture. It was always better the next day, warmed up on the stove all mixed together, with the cheesiness melting into the tomatoey meatiness, coating the noodles.

Surely, I can find a similar recipe on the interwebz...
Found it!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/sour-cr...ke/detail.aspx
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #39
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

I have eaten Spaghetti-O's cold, but like a couple other folks, prefer the ravioli straight out of the can. My grandmother used to yell at me for it, insisting I would get food poisoning or some sort of illness from eating it without heating it properly, but I don't care for it hot or even warm. Room temperature for me, please!
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #40
samuraiscott
True Story

samuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticed

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Them that way!!!

http://samuraiscott.blogspot.com/
samuraiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #41
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

gimme a sleeve of saltine crackers and I'll scoop that shit out right now! oh man normally I have a can or twelve on hand to eat at a moment like this but... I'm out!!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #42
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

33c/can today at a local market. A case showed up on my shelf. It followed me home. I swear!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #43
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I heated some up for dinner tonight, topped with pepperoni and provolone. It was quick, no frills and yummy.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #44
HappieHungryHippo
On Timeout

HappieHungryHippo can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Yes, yes I have. More than once.

I've ate lots of things cold out of the can, 'cause sometimes dude, you don't have three minutes to nuke something, sometimes a girl needs her pasta product in sweet ketchup ASAP.
Bahaha this made me laugh so hard!
HappieHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #45
liz (di-va)

Had SpaghettioS in all their HFCS glory tonight. HEATED, yo.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #46
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wasnt sure how to answer - I may have eaten them when i was a kid but i dont think my mom bought them - and I know as a teen and adult ive never eaten them
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #47
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

....I'm eatin' some now, and I have a confession, even the little meatballs are better straight out of the can.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote