Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #26
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Hhhmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldChump View Post
"...$$$$$$$...populated by wealthy, New york, 2nd home owners ...an area that is a mecca for the whole/natural/organic movement... but no Whole Foods, Trader Joe's etc.[but] We have Guido's and the local co-op."
I have this sort of weird feeling like you're dog-whistling somehow. Like there's some sort of code in this language, something between-the-lines of what you're saying just literally, on a just literal level. About farts?

Your hometown is a mecca for....fart-science?!
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #27
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
So my question is why are people buying this crap when there are better alternatives available that don't cost any more?
Just to point out, just because you think it is crap (and I believe some of it is), doesn't mean that others think it is crap.

There are many factors as to why people buy what they buy. Personal preference, tastes (the organic peanut butter doesn't always taste as good as that Jiffy/Skippy, etc.), brand loyalty, prices, travel, quality, knowledge.

Are there healthier things to eat, yes. Does it mean that everyone wants to eat healthier no. Adults can pick and choose what they want to eat.

Personally I don't like Whole foods and Trader Joes. Here in NYC they tend to be expensive. If I am going to pay those prices for fresh fruit, I rather drive out of the city and go directly to Farmers Markets where the local growers themselves sell their fruits and vegetables and give them the money directly.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #28
quantumbits

quantumbits can now change their title

I know what you're saying OP. I think it depends on the local options and on the person. Like others here have stated, sometimes there's no Whole Foods or Winco or Trader Joe's. Sometimes they just can't find a better option and sometimes it's not cheaper. Secondly, sometimes people don't care if there's HFCS or hydrogenated fats in it. I was caring about these things years ago because for a while I was a health nut. I'm not like that as much now, maybe because I'm older and have accepted my mortality more. Also I've encountered changing health advice. It made me realize we shouldn't be too strict about our food. The best thing is eat a variety of foods.

I mostly stopped eating peanut butter and/or cinnamon. Don't think my liver likes it. For years I'd put it in my oatmeal, but I started noticing pain in my liver. When I stopped eating them, the pain went away. Working also helped, strangely.

EDIT: When I ate peanut butter, I'd get that Adams natural peanut butter. Had to mix it. At Fred Meyer.

What I do now is put berries and/or small pieces of fruit with ground flax seed in my outmeal. Milk adds a lot of flavor.
quantumbits is offline   Reply With Quote