Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 07-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
laylalashelle

laylalashelle can now change their title
Unhappy Debra Perkins (Teighlor) Passed on 21 July 2011

29 July will be her funeral in Los Angeles, California USA. Contact Linda Ramos for further info.

Her body will be autopsied. Until that is complete, the actual cause of death has not been definitely established.

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 07-23-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Links
laylalashelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Power_Metal_Kitsune
Mrs. God

Power_Metal_Kitsune can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPower_Metal_Kitsune can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalashelle View Post
29 July will be her funeral in Los Angeles, California USA. Contact Linda Ramos for further info.

Her body will be autopsied. Until that is complete, the actual cause of death has not been definitely established.
OMG. She was really a beautiful lady and very sexy. She will be missed.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Layla, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I never got to meet Debra in person, but had some email correspondence with her many years ago. She was a beautiful person, and I feel that she did a lot to help the cause of fat acceptance. I remember that she was already online in the early 1990s, in the old text-only Usenet newsgroups which predated most of the web we know today. I believe she helped start one of the fat-focused newsgroups that were around back then. Some of the discussions there were just as lively as the Dim boards of today.

On a personal note, I remember one time when Debra posted something about sex and erotic eating, and she was vigorously attacked as a feedee (which she was, at least at one time, but people couldn't handle that). I wrote a long post lamenting the fact that fat women couldn't even be seen doing normal things like eating, without triggering societal hatred, and wondering rhetorically whether there were truly any confident fat women out there. (The question seems silly today, but this was around 1994, before the web conclusively proved there are plenty of confident fat women.) I honestly wasn't trolling for dates, but I got around 25 responses from women who said they were both confident and fat. One of these responses actually led to a brief, but pleasant, offline relationship. This all happened because of Debra's posting. On the Net, you never know what strange consequences your words might produce.

Last edited by musicman; 07-24-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Changed a word
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My condolences and prayers go to Debra's family and those who loved her. She was a nice person who advanced the cause of Fat Acceptance.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to her loved ones.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
MistahSmooth_CT
Senior High 5'er

MistahSmooth_CT can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMistahSmooth_CT can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My thoughts and prayers will be with her family. She was a beautiful woman.
MistahSmooth_CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Debra's family and those that loved her. She was a beautiful woman who promoted size acceptance (from her talk show and online appearences) .

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Guy and I knew Debbie quite well. She was a good friend. We produced several videos of her back in our Russo Productions days. She was a charming and lovely woman, with a wry sense of humor. I hope her last days were not difficult for her, but I suspect they might have been. I know she had been struggling for some time. May she rest well, and may we all think of her with love and good memories.

Here is a You Tube video of her from 1990s Phil Donahue Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRF5_oMDXk
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
MarkZ

MarkZ can now change their title
Unhappy

I am saddened by this news. I have spoken to Debbie by phone several times, and she was an intelligent, charming, and beautiful woman. My condolences to her family. She was, and always will be the original ssbbw, who paved the way for every model who has come after her. She will be missed
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
laylalashelle

Unhappy Thank you, Sandie, for the vid link of Teighlor

She had only 54 years to her life. Yes, Debra was burdened by a lot of health problems and was not very mobile.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #11
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Another legend gone. This becomes more and more disheartening with every loss.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rest in Peace,lovely lady. I unfortunately never got the chance to meet her in person, but from the words she left behind,and her personality that shone through her TV appearances I felt she was very friendly,intelligent and dedicated to the Fat Acceptance cause. A formidable lady.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #13
DharmaDave

DharmaDave can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDharmaDave can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

What sad news. Peace and Blessings for her family and loved ones at this time!
DharmaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
firelord85

firelord85 can now change their title

Quote:

That's terrible. She will be missed by us all! She was a legend!
firelord85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #15
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just following up after talking to some of Deb's LA friends tonight. Deb's funeral services will be Friday morning, July 29th at 9am. If anyone wants info on address so they can attend, PM me and I'll pass on the information.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #16
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Default Omg....

Prayers sent to her family...this is indeed bad news. May you rest in peace, Teighlor...much respect for you.
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sad news, I hope she finds peace.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
Sandie S-R

If anyone would like to stop by her Facebook memorial page and leave a message for her family, you can do that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Mem...025357?sk=wall
Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #19
laylalashelle

Unhappy Here's what Linda Ramos had to share about Teighlor

for those not on FB, here's what Linda Ramos had to share about Teighlor:

Longtime Fat Activist, Model, NAAFA & NAAFA-LA Member

Debra passed away on Thursday, July 21, 2011 in Santa Monica, CA. Please share your memories, thoughts and condolences here. We will be sharing all messages with her loving family.

On my friend Deb’s wall was the cutest poster, of several Dalmatian puppies in a row, and one puppy that wore hot pink sunglasses and multi-colored spots. “Dare to Be Different” was what that poster said, and Deb lived that truly lived that motto.

Before I met her, Deb was well-known in the fat acceptance community as a celebrated woman with unique beauty. Deb never divorced beauty from size and she broke records (and taboos) by sharing that beauty with others. Deb developed quite the catalogue, and had quite the fan-base to go with it. Deb’s most public persona was her image as a Goddess.

But Deb’s other public persona was in the size acceptance community as activist. Deb was a part of early online size acceptance forums, such as the Fat Acceptance Mailing List and the Dimensions Boards. She would chat with friends and strangers from all over cyberspace, offering advice, personal experiences, amusing observations and tossing out tantalizing ideas.

Like so many, Deb had personally experienced size discrimination and abuse in the workplace, witnessed the terrible medical consequences of weight-loss surgery on friends (even complete strangers), extracted herself from an abusive, toxic relationship and lived through so many of those experiences that lead us to fight for fat equality in society.

But the Deb that I knew best was the private Deb, a woman of endless talent and creativity, and of extraordinary kindness and love.

When I first met Deb, she was a life-line to supersized shut-ins. She deeply understood the psychological harm that living in isolation can bring in our society. She gave shut-ins someone to call and be with, over the phone, when they needed a friend most. I was amazed and impressed all those years ago, at such generosity of spirit. And that amazement has only grown in the decade that has since passed, as I realize how rare such compassion can be.

She, along with our friend Nancy Marshello, restarted the local Los Angeles Chapter of NAAFA which continues to thrive today.

But by far, my favorite part of Deb was her playful part! We shared a deep love of music, movies, tv, dancing and singing. She loved to create and formulate ideas. And from that fertile mind sprang the lyrics of NAAFA-LA’s “I am Fat” song. It was Deb who found a way for our chapter to record, and print, the song, and Deb collaborated on the song’s replacement tune when getting permission to use the original melody choice “Bitch” fell through. Her song still remains a rousing anthem within the fat acceptance community. Had circumstances worked out better, she would have been singing lead on the song too; however, she generously allowed me to take on that role.

Deb’s creativity was never limited and one other way Deb found the way to spread joy was through her genuine love of cooking. Deb had a great arsenal of wonderful recipes that she loved to share the tasty results. Whether Deb was going to be at a Chapter event or not, she almost always found a way to contribute some of her scrumptious goodies. Folks at any NAAFA-LA involved event were treated to variety of Deb creations from her much adored Ranch Dip to her stellar Cheesecake Brownies. She would make dozens of batches, despite an increasing lack of mobility and persistent arthritis pain. And friends and family both knew that if you visited her house and dared volunteer that you had ANY available refrigerator or freezer space, Deb would undoubtedly fill it with something tasty from her pantry.

And just like there was the seemingly bottomless parade of foodstuffs, there was also the bottomless love that Deb gave. I know that across the country are a lot of folks that love Deb as much as I do, who will miss her as terribly as I do. I hope that they can feel, as I do, that that love has not gone so much as it has transformed.

Deb was surrounded with her amazing family. Her mom Toby and dad Frank, her sister Stacy (& her hubby), nephews Devon & Chaz brought such light in her life. She loved you all so very much, and she was immensely grateful to not only have such love in her life, but to receive so much loving support. I don’t think it can be put into words how much you all meant to her, but hope you feel how special you all are.

I thank you all for sharing her with us for what was really too brief a moment in time.

And Deb, I hope your lovely soul is dancing in a pink leotard, with a frilly pink tutu, wearing satin pink toe shoes and pirouetting on the love we are sending back to you.

~ Linda Ramos
Old 07-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #20
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Deb was special and unique for sure. Her ability to persevere against all odds was remarkable, and her ability to always make lemonade of whatever lemons came her way impressive indeed. May she rest in peace, and condolences to family and those who knew and loved Debbie.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #21
sergi5

sergi5 has said some nice things
Default Very sad

So sorry. It is a very sad. My condondolences to all her family and friends. Rest in peace.
sergi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #22
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My condolences to all her family and friends on her passing. Rest in peace.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #23
J_Underscore

J_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot pics
Unhappy

there is no denying that she was a legend and one of the first models (I think maybe THE first SSBBW glamour model) that revolutionised the face of Modelling & Plus-sized Modelling
Real shock that she's gone

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 07-28-2011 at 05:23 PM.
J_Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #24
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

im sorry to hear this.

she was one of my favorites models. hell she was the first ssbbw model i saw on the net back when i was a teenager. may she R.I.P.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #25
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on

A true icon of beauty to FAs and BBWs worldwide - rest in peace and everlasting joy