Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 12-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #26
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Once upon a time

A woman that I know well asked me to tie her up and then have intercourse with her. I think she finally decided that I just could not do it with the needed level of enthouasim(sp).

I have had women I have been out with complain about my complimenting them in public.

IE: Comments like (You are so beautiful) (I am so lucky to be able to be out with such a beautiful woman) (while walking up to a woman I am out with "WOW you are stunningly beautiful") (To a watress "I have the honor of being out with this lovely fat woman, where shall we sit?")
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #27
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

I find humiliation hot. Knowing that I have "let myself go" and I LOVE hearing comments either from a friend or even a stranger. I like light teasing to some pretty dark things, and I am game to try anything I haven't as of yet! Simple name calling, light jesting, force feeding and punishment, to even forced workouts and etc..the lighter versions are OK in public (maybe grabbing and shaking my fats to even being made to sit in booth seat if we go to dinner knowing how tight they are getting for me) etc.etc. It's just the fun (I find fun) that comes with actually liking my fat self. I know other people would be horrified (you know, weight conscious people) but when I had a little kid (in front of a bunch of people in Produce dept.) touch my belly and say "a baby?" at the grocery store, and I smile and say "Nope, I'm just fat" (so those people can hear) and their parents apologize (in which I say there is no need because I actually like being fat) I find fun!

My only problem is it is hard to find a feeder or FA who is into humiliation as much as I am. I'm not saying doing it 24/7 but I find it adds a bit of spice to awesome fat life!

Last edited by sarahreign; 12-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #28
Steve373

Steve373 can now change their title

[QUOTE=sarahreign;2036363]I find humiliation hot. Knowing that I have "let myself go" and I LOVE hearing comments either from a friend or even a stranger. I like light teasing to some pretty dark things, and I am game to try anything I haven't as of yet! Simple name calling, light jesting, force feeding and punishment, to even forced workouts and etc..the lighter versions are OK in public (maybe grabbing and shaking my fats to even being made to sit in booth seat if we go to dinner knowing how tight they are getting for me) etc.etc. It's just the fun (I find fun) that comes with actually liking my fat self. I know other people would be horrified (you know, weight conscious people) but when I had a little kid (in front of a bunch of people in Produce dept.) touch my belly and say "a baby?" at the grocery store, and I smile and say "Nope, I'm just fat" (so those people can hear) and their parents apologize (in which I say there is no need because I actually like being fat) I find fun!

I'm like you Sarah. I have let my self go and have a 59" belly and weigh about 330 lbs. From your profile you look to have at least two substantial rolls on a very flabby looking tummy....exactly what I like ! I grab your fat rolls and you can do the same to me.

I'd love to have you on the back of my motorcycle with me shirtless in the summer in a warm city like Miami, San Diego, Vegas etc. and your are grabbing and pinching my flabby gut and I am powerless to do anything about it since my hands need to be on the handlebars so you can just grab my fat and play with it at will....even better if stopped at a traffic light and other drivers can witness you playing with my flab while stopped and you would be exposing your equally flabby tummy in something like daisy dukes and a tube top with your fat bare tummy jammed into my back as you grab by lovehandles

I'd love to humiliate you publically by having you wear something that bares your midriff so I could grab your fatrolls and slap your tummy in front of people and let you lift up my T-shirt in public and do the same to me.

I do not like women with tight firm hard bellies, much prefer soft and flabby with a lot of rolls, lovehandles, and muffin top action going on. I get hard even typing that !

I'm far more comfortable with a fat woman than a skinny one since I'm also obese. I always somehow get the skinny minnies when I want the big Bertha 300lb + type with multiple rolls of blubber on her tummy !
Steve373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #29
nadiledc

nadiledc has said some nice things

From darker sides to light ones...

Some time ago I was in public with a really fat girl, 350lbs, I'm myself very skinny, and while we was kissing some people passing by said "what! look that". I didn't care, and then when we was walking, I hanging her hand, people staring, she was really happy because I gave her a lot of confidence.
nadiledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
stevenbbwlvr

stevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot picsstevenbbwlvr does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiledc View Post
From darker sides to light ones...

Some time ago I was in public with a really fat girl, 350lbs, I'm myself very skinny, and while we was kissing some people passing by said "what! look that". I didn't care, and then when we was walking, I hanging her hand, people staring, she was really happy because I gave her a lot of confidence.
Good for you!
stevenbbwlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #31
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

it's so sad to have to "give" someone confidence. and it would seem very dark indeed to me if someone was actually happy about having to do that for me. i know a lot of people who enjoy that aspect. they feel important and heroic. there is something very counter to my personal belief system about that, especially since it is often the people who enjoy that aspect of a relationship who are most reluctant to accept the idea that fat people are fast getting away from being a stigmatized underclass and often magnify the negatives of being fat in this society to benefit themselves emotionally. it's okay if people want to make it a game and a bit of fantasy play to have fun with but it really rubs me the wrong way when people try to play it for truth.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #32
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

How did I miss this thread years ago? While I don't enjoy calling someone a "fat disgusting hog" its a huge turn on to say a girl is "being a little piggy" and have her get off on the comment. One of those I get off on you getting off sort of things.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #33
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
it's so sad to have to "give" someone confidence. and it would seem very dark indeed to me if someone was actually happy about having to do that for me. i know a lot of people who enjoy that aspect. they feel important and heroic. there is something very counter to my personal belief system about that, especially since it is often the people who enjoy that aspect of a relationship who are most reluctant to accept the idea that fat people are fast getting away from being a stigmatized underclass and often magnify the negatives of being fat in this society to benefit themselves emotionally. it's okay if people want to make it a game and a bit of fantasy play to have fun with but it really rubs me the wrong way when people try to play it for truth.
I am not sure he really meant anything bad by saying he liked giving her confidence. My partner gives me confidence in myself. And I do in him. And I help my friends be more confident in themselves. Isn't that part of what a friendship or a relationship is about, making the other person feel stronger and more capable?
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #34
luvhips

luvhips can now change their title
Default Confidence

That's what friends are for. Spot on!
luvhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #35
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
it's so sad to have to "give" someone confidence. ........especially since it is often the people who enjoy that aspect of a relationship who are most reluctant to accept the idea that fat people are fast getting away from being a stigmatized underclass and often magnify the negatives of being fat in this society to benefit themselves emotionally.
SuperO, some days you really give the impression that you go through posts looking for things to disapprove of. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it can sure come across this way. After all, the poster did say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiledc View Post
, she was really happy because I gave her a lot of confidence.
He wasn't saying "I was happy because I was giving her confidence" he was saying that she was happy. He doesn't say how he knows that, but I think it is reasonable to accept that he probably had a good basis for knowing this, like she may have told him.

After all, we all live different lives, with different experiences, and have our own personalities. Some people will naturally be more confident than others, no matter the circumstances.

So to Nadiledc, I say: I'm glad your being with her, openly and affectionately, helped give her confidence--and I hope she reaches the point where she has that confidence on her own, too.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #36
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
SuperO, some days you really give the impression that you go through posts looking for things to disapprove of. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it can sure come across this way. After all, the poster did say:

He wasn't saying "I was happy because I was giving her confidence" he was saying that she was happy. He doesn't say how he knows that, but I think it is reasonable to accept that he probably had a good basis for knowing this, like she may have told him.

After all, we all live different lives, with different experiences, and have our own personalities. Some people will naturally be more confident than others, no matter the circumstances.

So to Nadiledc, I say: I'm glad your being with her, openly and affectionately, helped give her confidence--and I hope she reaches the point where she has that confidence on her own, too.
I'm a virgo. what can I say. my middle name is critique now that I look at it again it does not read that way.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #37
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I'm a virgo. what can I say. my middle name is critique now that I look at it again it does not read that way.
I wonder how many of us soft & round types of women have allowed ourselves to be in a non-relationship with a DL man who loves the sex with us, but can't hold our hand in public.
That's humiliating enough for me, and I can't believe I ever settled for such a thing.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #38
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
I wonder how many of us soft & round types of women have allowed ourselves to be in a non-relationship with a DL man who loves the sex with us, but can't hold our hand in public.
That's humiliating enough for me, and I can't believe I ever settled for such a thing.
that is one thing I'm glad I knew absolutely nothing about in my personal relationships. for a really long time I never knew there was such a thing. maybe that is why I'm so overly sensitive about people even appearing to be honking their horns just a little. being grateful I'm found attractive is just not my strong suit. I appreciate it like any compliment but that is all. so I see a she should feel good post it sometimes makes me sick to my stomach because it can be just the other end of the spectrum. people should hold hands out of affection and not to show anybody anything.

Last edited by superodalisque; 02-24-2014 at 07:09 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #39
nadiledc

nadiledc has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post

Well, this is going to be a complicate topic...
But anyway, for me and for her it was easy: I liked her and she liked me, then, no problem what people was thinking saying whatever!

It is nice to be with some good friend and lover . And here, in Brazil, at almost places, no problem to show some affect and kisses and hugs . But there is off course some prejucide about fatness .

good night, from Brazil
nadiledc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #40
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
I can't speak for other FA, but I personally can't get turned on if I see somebody being unhappy or uncomfortable.If a fat person hates being fat, is angry or frustrated over a limitation, or is embarrassed by something like not fitting in a booth, it's not a turnon.It has definitely happened to me where I'll see a fat guy and think his body is sexy, and then see him be unable to move as quickly as he wants, or get winded too quickly while exercising, and it's immediately not hot anymore.

In other words, if the fat guy isn't getting off on being fat, neither am I.
Ditto. Aside from in fics by FAs, where it's clear there's going to be a happy ending. In real life, someone being uncomfortable turns me off. And honestly I'm OK with that.
Fat Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #41
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahreign View Post
I find humiliation hot. Knowing that I have "let myself go" and I LOVE hearing comments either from a friend or even a stranger. I like light teasing to some pretty dark things, and I am game to try anything I haven't as of yet! Simple name calling, light jesting, force feeding and punishment, to even forced workouts and etc..the lighter versions are OK in public (maybe grabbing and shaking my fats to even being made to sit in booth seat if we go to dinner knowing how tight they are getting for me) etc.etc. It's just the fun (I find fun) that comes with actually liking my fat self. I know other people would be horrified (you know, weight conscious people) but when I had a little kid (in front of a bunch of people in Produce dept.) touch my belly and say "a baby?" at the grocery store, and I smile and say "Nope, I'm just fat" (so those people can hear) and their parents apologize (in which I say there is no need because I actually like being fat) I find fun!

My only problem is it is hard to find a feeder or FA who is into humiliation as much as I am. I'm not saying doing it 24/7 but I find it adds a bit of spice to awesome fat life!
That resonates with me a lot. I don't have much more than a little belly, but I want to be told in a humiliating way how fat I am, and how I'm getting too tight for my clothes (even though it's not true), and how soon I'll be as big as a balloon, how I'm gonna get stuck in something because of my belly, etc. This kind of talk, especially in the bedroom, is something that turns me on a lot.

Being lightly teased about how fat I am. Bringing my fat into the conversation in more than a 'oh you're so beautiful' way. Touching me, appreciating my rolls, grabbing onto me, letting their fingers sink into me, hugging & massaging my belly, telling me how I'm going to get fatter if I eat that additional slice of cake, telling me how my belly droops and sags and pokes out from under my shirt etc.

ultimately noticing me and my fatness.

Teased about it in a dommy way, especially, the kind of like, "you wanna be fat? okay then, be fat. eat all this. eat it all, or you don't get to orgasm with me."

observing me. "look at that growing belly. Mmmm. It's getting so big. You're gonna weigh two hundred pounds by the end of the year."

yeah
Fat Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #42
Still Waters

Still Waters can now change their title

Quote:
If i ever have a daughter I want to name her Critique.
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #43
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

I hope this hasn't been discused like a few posts ago, but I didn't feel like reading all of the posts here. I've thought about girls becoming so fat that they are immobile, and I like the being fatter aspect, and would be okay with it if my love wanted or achieved it, but I wouldn't force it upon her. Another problem with it is that I'm a very, very very lazy boy. I'd hate to have to do everything.
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #44
luvhips

luvhips can now change their title
Default Helping

Your lady does not have to be immobile for you to have many jobs to take care of. First of all if she is that large she is not going to be out and about. Food shopping, cooking, cleaning, helping her bathe and all the many household errands fall directly on you. The list goes on and on. I know I lived it.
luvhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #45
Fatpatriot

Fatpatriot has said some nice things

I often fantasize about a woman eating until her stomach explodes. Unfortunately, this is a fantasy that can't be acted out.
Fatpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #46
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Interesting topic. The humiliation thing is not something I get into... but.. to each their own. I say if it gets the two people off and they are not hurting anyone or each other.. Go for it! Sex is suppose to be fun and enjoyable and life is short. Enjoy it anyway you can as long as you are safe and not hurting yourself or anyone else.

Confession: I am enjoying reading this thread.

Last edited by lucca23v2; 06-19-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I had to add a confession
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #47
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

BigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I wanted to open up a dialogue to see if any one is interested in the darker aspects of fat fetishism. Please respect that this thread may be offensive to those that are against this and please do not participate if this is you.

The first subject I would like to bring up is fat humiliation.

Does anyone here enjoy this? By humiliation I mean using taunts, teasing or actual physical experiences such as forced exercise to see how fat and/or unfit a fat person is, having them wear badly fitting clothes in public or maybe degrading a lover for eating too much (obviously whilst liking it too).

Do any of the BBW/BHM enjoy the thought of being chastised by someone like a gym intructor or doctor? Even just for role play?

Do you have any experience or desire to do any of this?

good lord.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #48
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieMargot View Post

good lord.
A gym instructor, huh? Margot, you can drop and give me 20! I will lie here underneath you to ensure you are displaying proper form, and I have rarely seen a form as proper as yours.
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #49
superodalisque

does anything from this article hold any water when it comes to why someone might enjoy the darker aspects of fat fetishism. do you think negative experiences around being fat contribute to the attraction?

What Our Sexual Fantasies Say About Our Past
by STANLEYSIEGEL on Sep 28, 2011 • 1:23 am 1 Comment
The meaning and purpose of desire

Step 3 of Intelligent Lust – The Meaning and Purpose of Desire

Not all sex desires grow out of conflict, but for the vast majority of us, our sexual fantasies represent the story we tell ourselves to solve deeper issues and conflicts. We need to understand and respect these stories if we are to make the best choices for our lives.

Most of us have at some time wondered where our sexual fantasies come from and how they were formed – why we prefer certain kinds of sex; rough versus sensual, oral versus genital or why we get off on being dominant or submissive.

Outside of biology nothing influences our sexuality more than our families. At the base of our desires lie fragments of our family history that reach far back into the forgotten past, yet continue to shape the present and future of our lives.

None of us leaves childhood without suffering from some unresolved conflicts or unmet needs. Sometimes their impact echoes long into adulthood, and even though we may try to deny or bury them, we continue to respond to their demands. They never entirely disappear. To varying degrees, we continue to feel helpless, detached, rejected or lost. We interpret new situations based on these feelings, unconsciously re-enacting old dramas in our everyday interactions with lovers and friends. We act inappropriately, or overreact, we feel constantly angry with our spouses, hurt by our friends, or abused or victimized by our bosses, sometimes even incorporating these emotions as aspects of our personality.

By the time we’ve reached young adulthood we have already woven these emotions into our sexuality, encoding them in the erotic images and narratives of our fantasies in an unconscious attempt to gain mastery over them, turning painful emotions into pleasurable ones. Yet few of us are aware of the importance of these emotions in defining the direction of our sexuality, and we are even less conscious of the conflicts that originally gave rise to them. This step of Intelligent Lust helps us untangle the emotions we have sexualized and their ties to unmet childhood need or conflicts.

To appreciate the meaning of our sexual fantasies, we need to review the past to understand the history that has helped shape them. Here are a few of the most common emotions and descriptions of the family dynamics that give rise to them. More complete descriptions can be found in my book “Your Brain in Sex” along with many examples from my practice. Use these descriptions to identify the feelings that most describe and define your childhood experience. Then ask yourself how you might have sexualized those feelings in themes of the fantasies you already identified by completing the previous steps of Intelligent Lust described in past columns.

Feelings of Powerlessness or Helplessness

Feelings of helplessness are a natural part of our childhood experience since our well-being depends upon how our parents nourish and nurture us from the innocence of childhood to the maturity of young adulthood. By the time we reach adolescence and begin to assert our autonomy by making our own decisions about how to care for ourselves, we have learned to trust our parents’ guidance and understand that it grows out of their genuine love and concern for us. We internalize that love and encapsulate it in feelings of self-worth. We experience the world as a safe and manageable place.

But when a parent misuses his or her authority in an effort to influence or control our choices, we grow into adulthood lacking confidence. When a parental relationship has been defined more by domination and discipline than understanding, compassion, and trust, we feel less than cherished and fearful of life’s challenges. Some of us sexualize these feelings of powerlessness, helplessness, or worthlessness in an unconscious attempt to minimize their pain. We learn to find sexual pleasure in fantasies or acts of submission, punishment, discipline, or humiliation. In our fantasies, we imagine surrendering all control. Where in the past we were helpless victims of our childhood experiences, now we invite these feelings of powerlessness and convert them to pleasure, paradoxically gaining control over them.

We may also have the opposite response to the same family dynamic. Instead of eroticizing submission, we identify with our aggressor and find satisfaction and mastery by dominating someone else. We’re aroused by being in total control, turning our feelings of helplessness into ones of power, excitement, or thrill. In our fantasies, we get off by demanding, commanding, or abusing our partner into submission. We might even go as far as imagining enslaving a partner – a symbolic a means of counteracting feelings of having been enslaved as a child.

Feelings of Guilt and Shame

For some of us, parents, teachers, or church officials over-used guilt and shame to teach us lessons, influence, or in extreme cases, control us.

To deal with these feelings, we sexualize them, encoding them in the themes in our fantasies. We become aroused thinking of ourselves as naughty boys or girls engaging in secret or forbidden sexual acts. Or maybe we feel excited by getting away with things or it’s opposite, receiving fitting punishment or discipline as retribution for our misbehavior. We might even imagine being tied up and forced to engage in sex. If we are given no choice except to surrender to an overpowering aggressor, we can engage in sex without feeling guilty.

Others might respond to underlying feelings of guilt and shame by sexualizing the idea of overpowering a partner; even exaggerate these feelings in themes of incest or other extreme forms of sexual behavior, attaching pleasure to what are considered unthinkable acts.

Feelings of Detachment or Emptiness

When we suffer trauma as children and don’t have the opportunity to process it through the guidance of a loving parent or mentor – whether it’s the result of a parent’s sudden death, daily drama of slammed doors and raised voices, physical abuse, mistreatment, or even extreme over-involvement in our background – we may become emotionally detached or even numb to our feelings and to the feelings of those around us as a means of surviving the pain of the experience.

We feel empty, blank, dead, bored, or numb, as if there is nothing inside us. We learn so thoroughly to cut-off our emotions that we believe we don’t have them at all.

In contrast to internalizing the soothing memory of a loving parent, we experience feelings of emptiness, which is actually a form of repressed grief. When we feel hollow inside, we avoid intimacy with everyone.

Later, when we become sexual, we eroticize that detachment, treating our partners as objects absent of human emotions. We act cold, harsh, or emotionally distant. In our fantasies, we objectify our partners, sometimes dehumanizing the sexual experience entirely, callously using them for our satisfaction without any regard to their needs. We might even fetishize parts of their bodies like breasts, penises, and feet, or even possessions associated with them such as shoes, eyeglasses, or clothing. Effectively, we convert our experience of emotional detachment or emptiness into one of excitement and thrill, while still maintaining no real emotional investment in our partners. We create a sense of pleasure, excitement, and intensity where emptiness existed.

Feelings of Rejection or Abandonment

When crisis or trauma – illness, substance abuse, job relocation, divorce – takes a parent away from us emotionally or physically for some period of time, feelings of confusion, loss, anxiety, and ultimately, rejection and abandonment, will follow. Even if the crisis repairs itself, we may live in continual fear of losing a loved-one again or re-experiencing the emotional poverty of the original loss.

Maybe we didn’t suffer loss. Instead our parents were physically present, but our childhood emotional needs were ignored or neglected. Our parents lacked warmth or empathy, and as a result we didn’t feel cared for, listened to, or understood by no fault of our own. A parent may have been so self-involved that the focus of family life centered on that parent’s needs far more than our own. A narcissistic parent can act charming, interesting, fun, or even indulgent. Or the opposite: demanding, critical, cruel, or judgmental. Either way, the child gets the message that his/her needs are less valuable than the parent’s. Whether a parent is always too tired and doesn’t have the energy or emotional resources to play with or attend to the child or she is too busy with work and other responsibilities, the effect is the same.

In families where a parent has acted overly critical or judgmental, it’s no surprise that later in life, we find ourselves chasing men or women who reject us or wind up in a dead-end relationship where a partner consistently places his/her needs first. It isn’t that we necessarily fantasize about getting rejected, but there is something secretly arousing in the pursuit of an unavailable partner.

For those of us who do eroticize rejection the feeling can be expressed in the themes of our fantasies that involve humiliation, name-calling, or submission in which we bring pleasure to what, at an earlier time, brought pain.

Yet, others can rebel against the childhood experiences of rejection and as a counter-reaction generate sexual fantasies in which they are highly desirable. These themes often involve romantic interludes in which we are pursued by extraordinary men or women, or sometimes threesomes and group sex in which we are at the center of everyone’s desire. We are adored or even worshiped for our beauty, charm, intelligence, or sexiness. We might imagine performing as the star of an x-rated film or strip show, or as hookers, or studs so highly desirable that no one could ever reject or abandon us. Through such fantasies we symbolically restore our sense of self-worth.

Feelings of Inadequacy

As children our sense of self-worth depends largely on how our parents hold and value us as human beings separate from themselves. Our self-esteem, sense of competence, and ability to cope in the world is shaped by specific family dynamics. Frequent interactions defined by negativity, critical comments, and diminishing comparison to others, leave us with deep feelings of inadequacy and unlovability. Whether we accept failure as our fate, confirming this negative vision of ourselves, or rebel against it and become an overachiever, the lack of self-worth influences all our interactions with the world. It can also define our sexuality. Eroticizing feelings of inadequacy leads to fantasies with themes involving submission, humiliation, verbal abuse, or extreme adoration of a partner. We are aroused by being treated as if we are useless, unworthy, or weak. Yet, by inviting our own humiliation, we become in charge of it, and through the sexual pleasure we receive, we weaken the impact of childhood pain.

Some of us, on the other hand, counteract feelings of inadequacy with ideas of grandiosity in which we imagine ourselves as important, powerful, or irresistibly sexy. We invent fantasies in which we are admired, adored, paid for sex; we recreate ourselves as competent, powerful, and often unattainable.

Feelings of Insecurity

For some of us life as a child was filled with chaos and uncertainty. A parent may have been emotionally unstable, alcoholic, or chronically ill, never affording us the security of knowing what to expect, or the constancy of that parent’s love. Life was a drama with bedroom doors slammed open and shut, weeping, anger, and remorse. In some cases, with no adult taking charge, we filled the void ourselves, assuming the role of a substitute parent, taking responsibility for our siblings, household chores, or meals while we observe our friends enjoying the safe and carefree existence of a protected childhood.

By adolescence we began to imagine being rescued or saved and, when we became sexual, fantasized about being taken away by a handsome suitor and given a life less burdensome than the one we lived. We sexualized stability, security, a gentle, loving spouse or maybe marrying for money so we will never worry again.

But, just as likely, we sexualized the role we so thoroughly assumed as children – the dutiful caretaker. We are aroused by being needed. In our fantasies we please, give, teach, or service, sometimes dressing up as the responsible teacher, kindly boss, helpful doctor, or nurse who slightly oversteps the professional boundaries.

By completing the first three steps of Intelligent Lust, we have begun to understand the deeper nature of sex. We have acknowledged the truth about our fantasies and desires and begun to unearth the hidden conflicts and unmet needs that generate them by making important connections to our past. We have dared to make thinking about sex a vital part of our lives, a rich fertile ground in which we can cultivate self-knowledge and self-acceptance.

In my next column, you will learn how to demystify the secrets of your sexual attractions and you can use that knowledge to make better choices – “Cracking the Code of Sexual Chemistry.”

First published on PsychologyToday.com on September 21, 2011.

Last edited by superodalisque; 10-05-2014 at 10:17 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #50
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think that such sweeping statements are always a bit fraught....people vary so much that while what he said may be true in general, I don't know how accurate it would be in the specific?

I've come to think that there may be some use for chaos theory in explaining sexuality, that some very small thing may snowball to become a major part of our sexual identity. Maybe sometimes you can trace that 'thing' (event, image, stress, interaction....), and it all makes sense to where we are later on, but that would not always mean that whatever snowballed was part of the dominant narrative of our childhood. On the other hand, something that is a major part of our childhood probably has a larger chance to happening to create that initial trigger.

Just my ramblings/musings, based on no data at all,