Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Upcoming WLS

I have been approved for WLS and will have it in October. I go for a nutrition appointment this coming Tues. I have always been fat but over the past year I've gained 75 more lbs (side effect of using Seroquel), started on insulin, have been hospitalized 3 times and it has been HARD carrying around all this extra me. The weird thing is, I've been happy. I did not let the circumstances bring me down.

This website helped teach me years ago that it was OK to love me. Fat me, nerdy me, just me. Thanks for that.

Now, I get to go through WLS and hopefully regain my health and increase my quality of life. I don't know what all I'm in for, but I am prayerful that it will all work out for the best. If anyone would like to share their experience with me, I'd sure appreciate it.

Rhonda

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb View Post
I have been approved for WLS and will have it in October. I go for a nutrition appointment this coming Tues. I have always been fat but over the past year I've gained 75 more lbs (side effect of using Seroquel), started on insulin, have been hospitalized 3 times and it has been HARD carrying around all this extra me. The weird thing is, I've been happy. I did not let the circumstances bring me down.

This website helped teach me years ago that it was OK to love me. Fat me, nerdy me, just me. Thanks for that.

Now, I get to go through WLS and hopefully regain my health and increase my quality of life. I don't know what all I'm in for, but I am prayerful that it will all work out for the best. If anyone would like to share their experience with me, I'd sure appreciate it.

Rhonda
Hope you have an uneventful surgery and recovery period!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

Thanks Isa. I am currently reading everything Dims has in this area on the subject and am getting some good info.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cutey, obviously I support your right to have WLS and would never dream of second guessing you. I had WLS and it's been a great thing for me with very little downside.

But if your weight gain is caused by a medication, how do they think WLS will help? And have they considered switching you to another medication? I worry that this may have limited success due to the gain occurring from a medication that you're still on.

I'm just thinking about loud here. Hopefully your doctor has already thought of all this and has a plan in mind for you.

In either case, good luck with your surgery and recovery!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

Hi Miss Vickie!

I am no longer on the medication. The 75lb gain from taking it just made a bad situation way worse. I went from only diabetic pills to now 2 types of insulin (5 shots/day) and also high cholesterol medicine. I am no longer gaining, I have become so very sedentary due to my current size that losing weight is not happening. We feel this is the best course of action.

I am so glad things went well for you.

My plan is to have the gastric bypass,which one did you have?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteyChubb View Post
Hi Miss Vickie!

I am no longer on the medication. The 75lb gain from taking it just made a bad situation way worse. I went from only diabetic pills to now 2 types of insulin (5 shots/day) and also high cholesterol medicine. I am no longer gaining, I have become so very sedentary due to my current size that losing weight is not happening. We feel this is the best course of action.

I am so glad things went well for you.

My plan is to have the gastric bypass,which one did you have?
Oh, okay. I was wondering about that. I can completely understand where you're at. It's hard to lose weight when you can't get moving. My surgeon's hope was that I could lose enough weight through WLS so that I could become more active and lose the rest through exercise, which has happened, although I'm still technically "obese" and wear a size 14 to 16. Still, I feel great.

I had a gastric bypass. It wasn't done laparoscopically, but rather open, leaving me a large scar. My surgeon was "old school", never learned to do lap surgeries, but living in Alaska, my options were limited.

Still, no regrets.

Best of luck with your surgery!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

I went for my 1st nutrition class for surgery. I'm supposed to start a 1200 cal. diet. I weighed in at 398 lbs. WOW, I cannot believe I just shared my weight but oh well. It's the truth. I am apprehensively excited. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good luck to you, Cutey. I hope all goes well for you!

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

Thanks so much everyone! Fortunately my Dr.'s office also has a message board and support group. I am fully taking advantage of it all.