Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #51
s!gma

s!gma can now change their title

Canada used to Have Ponderosa steakhouses, I can only remember bits and pieces from my childhood, but Steak and Buffet seems like food heaven to me.

Chipotles! we have one or two downtown but they're not the same, We have to go to the states for the real taste.

...I hear Chipotles is coming out with a Chinese food restaurant in the same style, I cant wait.

I gotta drive down south!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
Doughnuts. Where have all the good doughnuts gone? My state doesn't even have Krispy Kreme anymore.

All we can really get are the boxed doughnuts at the grocery stores or the doughnuts at the gas stations.

I want a good doughnut.
Now I want Krispy Kreme for Breakfast!
s!gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #52
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Doughnuts. Where have all the good doughnuts gone? My state doesn't even have Krispy Kreme anymore.

All we can really get are the boxed doughnuts at the grocery stores or the doughnuts at the gas stations.

I want a good doughnut.
Honestly, some of the Donut places in the strip malls are pretty tasty.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #53
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I want a good doughnut.
If you are ever in North Port, Florida, go to Abbe's Donuts on Tamiami Trail. They make fresh donuts every day for great prices. Also, apple fritters and cinnamon buns that will knock your socks off. You can get a huge bakery box filled for about $12.00 and they are fresh and huge and delicious. My favorite is the peanut butter filled with chocolate frosting. Just amazing.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #54
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Krispy Kreme overbuilt everywhere, got everyone hooked on their sweet sugary hot goodness.. and then closed up and left. Its possible that they're just victims of the 2008 recession, but I think it was planned from the beginning because I will drive hundreds of miles to re-experience a hot Krispy Kreme original donut (which is like dunking your head in a bucket of glaze).

I really really like their chocolate iced french crullers too.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #55
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Krystal's-A Southeastern thing (akin to White Castle), they came to Houston a few years back and I was in heaven. The one location they had closed down on August 31st. I got my daughter hooked on the Krystal burgers and my son loved the Krystal Chiks.

Memphis BBQ-I went back in May and had it for 3 meals. I love Topp's for sandwiches (Jumbo, no slaw, extra sauce) and Corky's for ribs and BBQ nachos. In the 17 years I've lived in Texas, I just haven't been able to fall in love with the BBQ. I was brought up on pork and beef just doesn't hit the mark.

Shoney's-I wish they hadn't pulled out of Houston. I love their breakfast bar and their fish sandwich is the best I ever had.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #56
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Krispy Kreme overbuilt everywhere, got everyone hooked on their sweet sugary hot goodness.. and then closed up and left. Its possible that they're just victims of the 2008 recession, but I think it was planned from the beginning because I will drive hundreds of miles to re-experience a hot Krispy Kreme original donut (which is like dunking your head in a bucket of glaze).

I really really like their chocolate iced french crullers too.
lol they did the same thing here in Chico. I still get a little mouth watery when i drive past one on my travels and that red light is on..
Old 10-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #57
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

I started craving this a few days ago:

Bubble (boba) tea. The iced tea (with milk, usually) sweetened with the pearl tapioca in it. I think it's seen in bigger cities as 'chic'

Here's a pic:

http://centurycafe.com/images/boba-tea-550x368.jpg

It's delicious and odd and sort of gross all at the same time. The place I got it from in D.C. soaks there is sweet tea for ages and it gets the tapioca pearls dark like it is in the picture...sooooo good.

And no one here has even heard of boba (bubble) tea. Can't find tapioca pearls here or off the internet either.

I guess when I go home for Christmas, I'll have to stock up on it.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #58
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post
I started craving this a few days ago:

Bubble (boba) tea. The iced tea (with milk, usually) sweetened with the pearl tapioca in it. I think it's seen in bigger cities as 'chic'

Here's a pic:

http://centurycafe.com/images/boba-tea-550x368.jpg

It's delicious and odd and sort of gross all at the same time. The place I got it from in D.C. soaks there is sweet tea for ages and it gets the tapioca pearls dark like it is in the picture...sooooo good.

And no one here has even heard of boba (bubble) tea. Can't find tapioca pearls here or off the internet either.

I guess when I go home for Christmas, I'll have to stock up on it.
Chaboba Bubble Tea
8 East Yard Camden Lock London, NW1 8AL
www.chaboba.co.uk

Boba Jam
102 Shaftesbury Ave
London W1D 5EJ

Bubbleology
http://www.bubbleology.co.uk/find-us.php

It may take a train or two to get there...but it can work in desperate times

Last edited by vardon_grip; 10-06-2011 at 01:17 PM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #59
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I miss...

Coney Island restaurants in Detroit; the best had full service breakfast menus. I got hooked on gyros there, and they're hard to find here in southern Maryland.

I miss the breakfast burritos made fresh from the sandwich truck on the naval base in Virginia, loaded with potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and salsa. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #60
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

I want a good doughnut.
I can't believe I didn't see this sooner! You need to go to YoYo Donuts & Coffee Bar in Mtka.

They're family owned; everything is made fresh daily and on site. They are not a chain. They have only one location on the planet, and they use a full strip of applewood smoked bacon on their maple long john's. They also do a raised, glazed s'more donut that has a toasted marshmallow resting in the hole in the center!

Last edited by one2one; 10-10-2011 at 11:57 PM.
one2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #61
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've seen the bubble tea supplies on the US version of Ebay. Might want to try the UK version to see what they have.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #62
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
I can't believe I didn't see this sooner! You need to go to YoYo Donuts & Coffee Bar in Mtka.

They're family owned; everything is made fresh daily and on site. They are not a chain. They have only one location on the planet, and they use a full strip of applewood smoked bacon on their maple long john's. They also do a raised, glazed s'more donut that has a toasted marshmallow resting in the hole in the center!
If you are ever down in SE MN you have got to come eat donuts at Bloedow's Bakery. It is THE BEST.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-24364855...iews=1#reviews
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #63
AngelaDevil

AngelaDevil has said some nice things

I lived in Alabama for pretty much the first 18 years of my life. I already missed Southern BBQ, but this thread makes me miss it even more! x3

Fresh saltwater taffy is also something I miss. The stuff you can buy in stores is not even close to the real thing ;[

Also, I miss these cookies called Koala Yummies from my childhood. I'm pretty sure they still exist, but I can never find them in stores anymore! Whyyyyy D:
AngelaDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #64
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Marions pizza in Dayton OH
Skyline Chile in Dayton
BBQ, I can't get any good BBQ on the West coast!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #65
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
If you are ever down in SE MN you have got to come eat donuts at Bloedow's Bakery. It is THE BEST.
http://local.yahoo.com/info-24364855...iews=1#reviews
Thanks for the tip; it looks like a great place for donuts!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #66
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

I miss real Philly cheesesteaks, and I miss the diners that were in Upper Bucks County in PA that I used to frequent. I'd get off work, go one of my 2 preferred all night diners, and sit there for hours, eating (yes, really eating, not just drinking coffee and annoying the waitress.) Sometimes, my friends would come, sometimes my mom, or even my bosses a couple of times.

I swear, the night cooks are always better at all night diners.

We have Denny's, Perkins, and Eat N' Park here, but those chains just aren't the same to me.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #67
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Minnetonka, MN? O_O

Must go there Saturday.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #68
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

My god, that's fantastic.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #69
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Someone from work brought in donuts from YoYo today. However there weren't any with the bacon.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #70
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Quote:
Minnetonka, MN? O_O
Ya sure, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post
My god, that's fantastic.
They were voted best donuts for 2011 by a local magazine that has a 'best of' category for everything you can possibly think of.

Quote:
Someone from work brought in donuts from YoYo today. However there weren't any with the bacon.
Same thing happened to me at work a couple months ago. It's a bummer. I don't know how anyone could go there and not get the maple bacon one. Apparently, it was voted #72 on Mpls/St Paul Magazine's 100 best things in the Twin Cities list. Which makes me want to find out what the top 71 are and try them all because that longjohn is worth a little field trip (15 mi. round trip for me) to get it. I hope you can try one soon. Yum.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #71
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Does anyone else remember when Baskin-Robbins had licorice ice cream? It looked like a slag heap, but it tasted wonderful.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #72
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Does anyone else remember when Baskin-Robbins had licorice ice cream? It looked like a slag heap, but it tasted wonderful.
I do remember it, wasn't it kind of dark grey? I never tasted it, though, I really dislike licorice.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #73
Juicy Pear

Juicy Pear has said some nice things

As a kid I lived near Chicago. I remember getting Vienna hot dogs from an outdoor vendor. The poppyseed buns, the sound of the hot dog skin breaking when you bite into it, the toppings - perfect! No other hot dog begins to compare to this experience.
Juicy Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #74
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

McRib... is back!

Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #75
EMH1701

Quote:
Same thing happened to me at work a couple months ago. It's a bummer. I don't know how anyone could go there and not get the maple bacon one. Apparently, it was voted #72 on Mpls/St Paul Magazine's 100 best things in the Twin Cities list. Which makes me want to find out what the top 71 are and try them all because that longjohn is worth a little field trip (15 mi. round trip for me) to get it. I hope you can try one soon. Yum.
There's a YoYo in Eden Prairie on my way home from work. O_O