Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
See, I can't respect it.

I won't hate people for it or go out of my way to insult or belittle them, but it's a pretty important conviction for me.

Because of that, a relationship would never work with someone who couldn't take a joke about it.
1) Just because someone is really spiritual doesn't mean they can't take a joke about their religion of choice. My friends and I know tons of Jesus jokes etc...

2) Is it extremism you are turned off by, or spirituality?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #27
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh another one that really bugs me...I've seen guys get really spiffed up but his hands and nails are filthy or jagged or really rough. I have tender skin. I can't. No no no no no no.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #28
BrokenCassette

BrokenCassette does more than just post hot picsBrokenCassette does more than just post hot picsBrokenCassette does more than just post hot pics

As many others have said, big turn-offs for me are poor hygiene and taking things too seriously.
BrokenCassette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #29
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
1) Just because someone is really spiritual doesn't mean they can't take a joke about their religion of choice. My friends and I know tons of Jesus jokes etc...

2) Is it extremism you are turned off by, or spirituality?
I wasn't implying that everyone is fanatical or that religious folk can't take a joke about their religion. I have really close friends who are Christian and they're used to my jokes from time to time. Also, Jewish people are 99% of the time cool with joking about their religion.

In reality, it's just the whole belief in the supernatural itself that kind of bugs me. I don't claim to know everything and atheistic extremism is just as faith-based, but I'm bugged by people who chalk everything up to divinity or providence or serendipity. Coincidence is coincidence in my eyes and nothing more.

Again, I'm not going to step on anyone else's toes and I can befriend pretty much anyone, but this is strictly when it comes to relationships. I couldn't fully trust or share myself or respect or have mutual admiration for someone who considered themself god fearing or even god believing.

Diff'rent strokes
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #30
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I find religious fanatics offensive and at the other end of the spectrum people who are so anti-religion that they spew hate 99% of the time and denegrate people who have faith.

Intolerance is the trait I hate most.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #31
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
I find religious fanatics offensive and at the other end of the spectrum people who are so anti-religion that they spew hate 99% of the time and denegrate people who have faith.

I already repped your previous post in this thread,or I'd have got this one too.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #32
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Agreed. Intolerance just leads to hurt feelings and worse.

That's why I try not to rock the boat and instead search exclusively for people whose hot button issues somewhat mirror my own.

Although I still like arguing over stupid things like the best flavor of Starburst. It's obviously Orange.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #33
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Agreed. Intolerance just leads to hurt feelings and worse.

That's why I try not to rock the boat and instead search exclusively for people whose hot button issues somewhat mirror my own.

Although I still like arguing over stupid things like the best flavor of Starburst. It's obviously Orange.
BLACKCURRANT.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #34
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
BLACKCURRANT.
uhhh, we don't have black currant starbursts on this side of the pond
Old 08-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #35
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
BLACKCURRANT.
Pah, they're just glorified chewits. And to include them, they combined lemon and lime...line were my favourite.

And why can't they still be called Opal Fruits....and why is my mouth watering while I type this?
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #36
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Okay, I'mma backtrack a little, but about what Ninja said;

I have a lot of trouble with overt spirituality/supersticion. I know it's mainly because I can't relate to that sort of feeling at all, but if someone keeps talking about it, I feel a little weird that I don't share or understand it.
I'm a raised catholic, but it's not a huge part of my life, so I can SOMEWHAT understand religious belief.
On the other hand, supersticious belief, fortune telling, mediums, cards, auras, holistic medicine... I don't get. And I tend to look at that sort of thing with a great amount of disdain, so no, that relationship would probably not go over well.

But, it's a matter of opinion. If you're in a relationship with too many strong opinions clashing (religious, political, whatever), you'll have a problem.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

I just don't get religion, but I respect other people's beliefs as long as they don't impinge on me. I just can't bring myself to believe in any religion that doesn't have me as it's figurehead...and before anyone gets offended I'm joking...no really...actually, I'm not. But don't worry, I'm not a vengeful god, I permit, nay, I insist on sex before marriage, pork products and shellfish are allowed, Sundays are for sleeping late. Just be nice to each other and I won't throw a thunderbolt at your ass!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
GlassDaemon

GlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
I just don't get religion, but I respect other people's beliefs as long as they don't impinge on me. I just can't bring myself to believe in any religion that doesn't have me as it's figurehead...and before anyone gets offended I'm joking...no really...actually, I'm not. But don't worry, I'm not a vengeful god, I permit, nay, I insist on sex before marriage, pork products and shellfish are allowed, Sundays are for sleeping late. Just be nice to each other and I won't throw a thunderbolt at your ass!
Heheh, I like this religion, how do I join?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #39
MrBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDaemon View Post
Heheh, I like this religion, how do I join?
You just did my child....go forth and prosper. And don't go mocking any followers of false gods. Just because you got it right doesn't entitle you to moral superiority. That's not how we roll in this chuch!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #40
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
Okay, I'mma backtrack a little, but about what Ninja said;

I have a lot of trouble with overt spirituality/supersticion. I know it's mainly because I can't relate to that sort of feeling at all, but if someone keeps talking about it, I feel a little weird that I don't share or understand it.
I'm a raised catholic, but it's not a huge part of my life, so I can SOMEWHAT understand religious belief.
On the other hand, supersticious belief, fortune telling, mediums, cards, auras, holistic medicine... I don't get. And I tend to look at that sort of thing with a great amount of disdain, so no, that relationship would probably not go over well.

But, it's a matter of opinion. If you're in a relationship with too many strong opinions clashing (religious, political, whatever), you'll have a problem.
Haha I was raised Catholic too. It seems alot of us who aren't terribly religious were.

I agree with you, though. I can see the benefits of religion for some people as an outlet for hope and optimism, but some of that really superstitious stuff kind of weirds me out. My parents used to like collect angel figurines and honestly believed in them. They'd do Tarot card readings and whacky shit like that. I never understood how two very intelligent people could buy into that sort of thing. I still don't get it.

I guess it's just good marketing?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #41
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I hate people who try to set me on fire, or club me in the head.

It's a huge turn off when I am talking to some guy and he spits in my face and then backs over my cat as he pulls out of the driveway.

I also hate when people cut their pubes and then throw them in the hair over my head like confetti. That's just nasty and they need to stop.

I don't like being used as a human shield. If you want to get into a shoot out with the cops that's your business, but don't bring me into it. I am very delicate.

Don't put a plunger on my face I didn't swallow gold.

That's all I can think of right now....I am REALLY picky.

LMMFAO that was a hoot
Old 08-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #42
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeef View Post
LMMFAO that was a hoot
Thanks I try not to let my high standards get in the way of happiness, but you got to draw the line somewhere...

I mean when I met my boyfriend I asked him..."Do you like to squeeze cats" and he said no...and I knew I had a winner because I have two cats and they don't like to be squeezed.

I mean you can a squeeze cat but it's really at your own peril.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #43
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

My big turnoffs... poor hygiene, especially dental and crotch...al?; misogyny, transphobia, radical feminism, religious extremism, and conservative extremism. Also when guys just want to get it on all the time. I have other interests yanno!

edit: I wonder if this explains why I mostly date women and am single most of the time :P
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #44
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
edit: I wonder if this explains why I mostly date women and am single most of the time :P
None of your demands are unreasonable....however, people do tend to suck.....
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #45
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
My big turnoffs... poor hygiene, especially dental and crotch...al?; misogyny, transphobia, radical feminism, religious extremism, and conservative extremism. Also when guys just want to get it on all the time. I have other interests yanno!

It might... I date women and am single most of the time as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #46
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

My Biggest Turn-off are geeky girls who like anime music, heavy metal, classical music and philosophy.

DEAL BREAKER!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #47
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
My Biggest Turn-off are geeky girls who like anime music, heavy metal, classical music and philosophy.

DEAL BREAKER!
But... why? o.o
Old 08-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #48
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Thanks I try not to let my high standards get in the way of happiness, but you got to draw the line somewhere...

I mean when I met my boyfriend I asked him..."Do you like to squeeze cats" and he said no...and I knew I had a winner because I have two cats and they don't like to be squeezed.

I mean you can a squeeze cat but it's really at your own peril.
I understand completely... It's like when someone takes some of my food while I'm right there && they didn't ask. I finish the meal with my gut knowing that there is a bit or two of food missing so I get angry then Hulk out.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #49
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Physically: poor hygiene.

Personality: I'm probably going to get hate for this, but I really don't get along with religious folk. If you're a firm believer, it won't work out. I give extreme bonus points for atheism.
I agree with both, but I couldn't have a relationship with any kind of believer.

Lack of intelligence is a big turn off.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #50
seagirl

seagirl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeef View Post
The usuals... liars, cheaters, assholes.

Here are the Others though that aren't common

Promise breakers, non affectionate types, PRUDES!!!, hypocrites, one meal a day eaters, I took a shower yesterday types, really short hair with no style, big moles, bad shavers (yuh know... yuh know), emasculation, non-understanding people, those that leave conversations suddenly without notification, substance users (above the influence... though I don't mind the occasional drinker. I partake myself now && then. Just not alchies, oy vey), those that don't like a dark sense of humor, those that just won't go get a damn job, no high school diploma or G.E.D, people that cuss all the time without respect of who's around, litter bugs, animal abusers, the word no (I am a fuckin pineapple princess!!! treat me as such!!!), girls that constantly point out who they think is hot or would wanna fuck... No shit you have fantasies but I don't blab about my secret wish list so shush, girls that talk about their exs ALL THE TIME OR PAST SEXUAL PARTNERS!!! (Hunny idgaf how he liked it or who said you were the bomb at slobbin knob keep it hush hush), child abusers, conceited/shallow/superficial people that swear they are the whip... Ima stop here before I exclude 7/8s of the worlds population LOL... JK!!!

lmfao i had to read this outloud to understand it but its really funny.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote