Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
gogogal

gogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized rep
Default Getting waxed "down there" *blush*

Just curious -- bbw gals, do you get yourselves waxed "down there" professionally? I'm especially curious for feedback from the girls with the big bellies that might have to be lifted or shifted a little bit... have you done it? are you made to feel comfortable? How did you find a BBW friendly esthetician? do you have any advice for someone wanting to get it done?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
GlassDaemon

GlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot pics

*Shivers* The thought makes me twitchy lol! I've had my bikini line done and it made me flinch, couldn't imagine getting that done! But more power to you! Lol I personally have a friend I knew from high school who works at a salon, she did my bikini line, however, I did find out some girls straight up refuse to do it which gives you salons that can't offer it. My friend was telling me about males that call up wanting to get everything down their waxed and none of the girls at her salon are willing to do it so they have to tell them no.

My advice if you do get it done is have some kind of cocoa butter creme or lotion available for after the fact, it helped me prevent irritation. Things that are smelly with perfumed added can burn, so avoid them. This does not apply for between the lips though, dunno about that, it's so sensitive I'm not sure how it's possible to have it waxed, simple soaps can cause infection, but I also know I'm pretty sensitive and prone to infection. You may not have that problem. Still be careful.

I don't have a big belly that needed to be moved or shifted but I'm still a pretty big girl, and my friend is thick too, not as thick as me but she's thicker. So, I guess I lucked out all in all.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hi gogo--
Check out the Clothing and Fashion board--we've had lots of discussion about this very topic (the good, the bad, the ugly!) and you might find some good feedback there. Just page through and you will probably see many helpful things.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
SillyLady
I am random.

SillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I do it. It is all I do. I don't like to shave bc it causes those pesky razor burn bumps. THe place I go to is very professional about it all. What kind of questions do you have specifically?

I only have to get it done once a month and sometimes even less than that but I am one of those lucky individuals where hair grows super slow. I believe my esthetician told my roommate it typically lasts 2 weeks for the average girl. Just to give you a better idea..

Does it hurt? I don't think so. But a lot of things don't tend to hurt me. My roommate describes it as "hurting like a b!^ch!" She followed that up with "but I am a wimp and it is a very tender area." I converted her into going.

The cool thing about getting waxed is if you do it on a regular basis the hair starts to grow back softer and less coarse. That might also be a reason why mine lasts longer. I have been doing this for at least 10 yrs now.

Good luck!

Twitter @amberbombshells (make sure to add the S at the end)
SillyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
GlassDaemon

GlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot picsGlassDaemon does more than just post hot pics

Oh, on a side note, if you've never had anything waxed before, go have like your underarms waxed, just to see how you respond to it, not just pain wise, but as far as irritation and what kind of care you can expect.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
gogogal

gogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized repgogogal has super-sized rep

Thanks for the replies, gals. I've done a lot of waxing (underarms, eyebrows, legs) and have waxed myself down there.. so I am not worried about the actually waxing. Logistically it's kinda hard to do a good job on my own so want to get it done professionally. I guess my question is, has anyone ever been given grief as a bbw (where maybe everything isn't as accessible than on a smaller person) by an esthetician?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
*Goofy*Girl*
Kimmy

*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogal View Post
I guess my question is, has anyone ever been given grief as a bbw (where maybe everything isn't as accessible than on a smaller person) by an esthetician?
I am so worried about this that I either wax myself or go the Nair route.

Does anyone know of BBW/SSBBW - friendly places to have this done?
*Goofy*Girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #8
gogogal

goofy - yeah me too. I mean, I know there are a lot of places that offer it I don't want to just go anywhere. It's kinda like a PAP smear, in my opinion.. you want someone with a decent bedside manner!

I have been peeking into different salons looking for a plus size esthetician... haven't seen one so far. Which is weird.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
SillyLady
I am random.

SillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSillyLady can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Oh no no no! I have never been given grief. Just do not be embarrassed. Your girl will require help depending on how you are shaped and if you have a hanging belly.

I had a new girl this last time bc mine was on vacation. She was SO shy. She wouldnt tell me when or what to hold. So I finally piped up and said just tell me what you need.

Sometimes my girl has me lay in weird angles, hold my belly up, turn my leg to the side and the other up... Luckily, I do not get embarrassed easily. If I had not prepared my roommate for this, she said herself she would have been mortified.

I am a very big girl.... and trust me.. the girls that do this are very professional about it. But you also have to remember I don't go to a neighborhood salon. I go to a well established day spa.

Does that help?

Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
SillyLady
I am random.

Btw, my girl is not a plus size girl. She is a stick. But so incredibly respectful. The first time she did me (2 yrs ago bc my other one moved) she flat out said she had never done anyone my size and was nervous. I told her don't be. She did a fantastic job. The rest is history~

Sometimes I think they are just as nervous as the customer.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
gogogal

yes that helps. Thanks Silly. I am kind of inclined to tell them when I make the appointment, that I am a first-timer and a BBW, and to please book me with someone who has experience waxing larger women.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
gogogal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLady View Post
Btw, my girl is not a plus size girl. She is a stick. But so incredibly respectful. The first time she did me (2 yrs ago bc my other one moved) she flat out said she had never done anyone my size and was nervous. I told her don't be. She did a fantastic job. The rest is history~

Sometimes I think they are just as nervous as the customer.
This is what I am nervous about too.. someone who has never done a plus size, and is nervous or awkward or (worse) rude. Trips to the spa should ALWAYS be a good experience!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would like to get it done...but, I don't want to traumatize the poor esthetician lol

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

Go get it done, it feels lovely and they & you will get over it. First time I heard the ol' "pull apart" in the formidable vietnamese accent I wanted the earth to swallow me.
First time at a new place is always hectic, makes you feel a lil vulnerable to say the least but it will be okay & most certainly cant be worse than burning your pussy to the point of blisters with veet or same such shit, which i have done.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
Moongirl75

Moongirl75 can now change their title

Thank you so much for posting this! I have never been waxed before, anywhere, and have always wanted to try it. After reading this thread, I found a place that had really good reviews and went in and had my eyebrows done. I talked to the woman who did it and asked if she would be comfortable doing a Brazilian on me. She said of course, she does them on all kinds of people all the time. She did a great job on my unruly brows and made me feel extremely comfortable. I am going to do my underarms next week and then maybe book the Brazilian!
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #16
gogogal

Moongirl - let me know how it goes!! I am basically doing the same thing - getting my brows done this weekend will ask the esthetician about a brazilian
Old 08-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #17
Moongirl75

Moongirl75 can now change their title

I for sure will, you know what sold me on her was this one thing she said to me. She told me she loves what she does because she loves helping every woman feel beautiful. Who says stuff like that?
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moongirl75 View Post
I for sure will, you know what sold me on her was this one thing she said to me. She told me she loves what she does because she loves helping every woman feel beautiful. Who says stuff like that?
I would do a Brazilian if I could find someone I could trust. Pain is not an issue for me and I like the smooth look and feel. I used to use Veet and similar and I prefer waxing above other methods in other areas, like my armpits.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #19
SoCalFatGothChick
Our Lady of Trans-Fatima

SoCalFatGothChick can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSoCalFatGothChick can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If you are ever in the Los Angeles area go to Pink Cheeks in Sherman Oaks http://www.pinkcheeks.com they are BBW/SSBBW friendly. Cindy is the bomb! They even do fat men too!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #20
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

The only part of my body I get waxed is my eyebrows. I'm pretty sure that trying to wax 'down there' would lead to extreme emotional trauma for all concerned.

But some day I'm planning on having it all just lasered off. The added expense more than makes up for just having it GONE. In the meantime, I shave with an electric shaver, which decreases the red bumps somewhat.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #21
gogogal

Laser hair removal is pretty awesome.. I have had it done on my armpits and will do it on my legs at some points. I do wonder, though, how good those lasers really are for the skin (long term).
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogal View Post
Laser hair removal is pretty awesome.. I have had it done on my armpits and will do it on my legs at some points. I do wonder, though, how good those lasers really are for the skin (long term).
Most lasers just target the hair itself and leave the skin alone. There's also IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) which is essentially the same as being in the sun for a bit.

I've only had LHR on my face thus far but eventually want to get it eeeeeverywhere
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
The only part of my body I get waxed is my eyebrows. I'm pretty sure that trying to wax 'down there' would lead to extreme emotional trauma for all concerned.

I don't know if that's necessarily true--men and women get waxed all the time, and hair removal people have certainly seen it all and would know how to wax your parts like any others.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #24
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I don't know if that's necessarily true--men and women get waxed all the time, and hair removal people have certainly seen it all and would know how to wax your parts like any others.
No! There would be trauma!

TRAUMA I SAY

I'm insanely nervous about the possibility of eventually getting it lasered. maybe I'll just buy a home electrolysis kit.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #25
gogogal

ha.. yeah I am not worried about trauma to the skin.. more like "emotional-omg" trauma. Whatever, I guess. At the end of the day, I must say that I think my vag is wonderfully sexy, chubby as it may be.