Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
bigbellyroll

bigbellyroll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbigbellyroll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Red face I think I need a new chair

I heard a girl at work make a crack about me not being able to fit into my chair soon. I took these and saw that she may be right. How do you ask for a new chair because you got too fat for the old one.

Last edited by bigbellyroll; 11-03-2011 at 09:17 PM.
bigbellyroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It depends on the state you're in. In some of your older posts, you mentioned Rite-Aid so I'm going to guess you live in the US.

In NJ obesity is a legal disability which means the company you work for must accommodate your disability. If you have a human resources office, I would go there and discretely express my concern and request that the chair be replaced as quietly as possible. I was able to talk to my supervisor when mine broke (the corner of my seat--the chair weight capacity was 250 lbs) and they did a lot of research and quickly and quietly replaced mine. It also helps that I'm direct and straightforward and that there are quite a few other bbws that work there.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
bigbellyroll

bigbellyroll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbigbellyroll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm not that comfortable with anyone there & the other women are thin. I'll just wait until I really can't get on or out of it anymore if that happens. All my weight seems to go to my big belly & not my hips. I'd like more hip & butt. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
It depends on the state you're in. In some of your older posts, you mentioned Rite-Aid so I'm going to guess you live in the US.

In NJ obesity is a legal disability which means the company you work for must accommodate your disability. If you have a human resources office, I would go there and discretely express my concern and request that the chair be replaced as quietly as possible. I was able to talk to my supervisor when mine broke (the corner of my seat--the chair weight capacity was 250 lbs) and they did a lot of research and quickly and quietly replaced mine. It also helps that I'm direct and straightforward and that there are quite a few other bbws that work there.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
love_my_life

love_my_life can now change their title

How about some shots off your butt in the old one?
love_my_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
bigbellyroll

Comparatively, I don't have much butt. :-( Also, it's pretty hard to take a photo of your own butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_my_life View Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_my_life View Post
In my opinion: inappropriate answer
Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #7
bigbellyroll

Default How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
In my opinion: inappropriate answer
How? That I have short arms or more belly than booty. LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #8
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Ok - I somehow must have missed that this is a joke-thread. Sorry, I thought you really need help/advice.

*runs away
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
bigbellyroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
Ok - I somehow must have missed that this is a joke-thread. Sorry, I thought you really need help/advice.

*runs away
Wel, I did but mentally I needed to drift in another direction because I can't believe I'm this big now & that's my way of coping with it & hurtful people in the real world. I just took you for a booty person. ;-)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

BBR: Firefly was responding to lovemylife, who only posted to ask for booty pics. You were asking for help....and he was asking for fap fodder. Pointing out that he was offside seemed pretty fair to me!

As to your issue....Do you use the arms of your chair? If not, check to see if they come off easily (some office chairs it just takes a screwdriver). Then you'll have the hip room you need, without having to ask for a new chair
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
bigbellyroll

Ye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
BBR: Firefly was responding to lovemylife, who only posted to ask for booty pics. You were asking for help....and he was asking for fap fodder. Pointing out that he was offside seemed pretty fair to me!

As to your issue....Do you use the arms of your chair? If not, check to see if they come off easily (some office chairs it just takes a screwdriver). Then you'll have the hip room you need, without having to ask for a new chair
Well, duh. I feel silly now. The arm thing is brilliant! Thank you! I really didn't want to deal with my super model office mgr on it.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And by the way, if you have those 'corner' desks, where your computer is on the rounded inner corner of a desk, I find the arms tend to hit the desk, keeping me from sitting how I want, so with those desks I want an armless chair anyway, not even for fit issues. So if you happen to have that sort of desk, it could make for a good excuse about why you modified your desk.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #13
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I recently purchased a huge office chair for a friend of mine, I'm pretty sure Staples has chairs fit for a a larger lady. I will say that they're not cheap so if you're a little low on funds, better hope your old chair holds out.

Let me know if you need further help, I could look at other stores that has oversized chairs.