Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
princesscurves

princesscurves has said some nice things
Default Summer weight gain...possible BBW?

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around for a week or so, but finally joined yesterday

Anyway, I work in education so i've been off work since the beginning of July for summer holidays. In that time i've been on holiday a couple of times and generally eaten what I wanted. I haven't been to the gym for nearly 3 months either

I knew I'd put a bit of weight on, I normally do gain a few pounds over the summer but it falls back off when I go back to work in the autumn. A friend actually asked if I was pregnant I was on a night out at the time, not drinking alcohol (I was going on holiday the morning after) so that may have been why she asked, but she was looking at my belly when she asked..!

Well, yesterday I thought i'd better get my work clothes back out of the wardrobe ready for Monday. I tried on my favourite pair of trousers and now I can barely fasten them up and my belly hangs over the waistband
I wasn't skinny to start with, a UK size 12, I think that is a size 8 in the USA?
Hardly any of my other clothes fit now either, so i'm face with a dilemma: Quick diet and back to the gym, or accpet my new shape

The thing is, i'm actually quite enjoying the extra weight, i get a little embarassed at peoples reaction who haven't seen me for a while, but also a weird kinda rush from it? I've weighed myself this morning and I've put on 27lbs since the end of June..just under 2stones. I keep wondering what it'd be like if I gained a little more, I feel like at this stage i'm just a bit overweight, rather than a BBW...its a weird feeling, kinda like being in limbo! but I don't know if carrying on gaining would be the right thing to do health-wise and socially whether I could handle it! I so want to try though

I'm gonna put on a couple of pics in my trousers that are now too tight, just to see what you think. I'm really new to this, so any views would be helpful

Thanks guys

PC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1610.JPG (117.0 KB, 5754 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1611.JPG (109.6 KB, 5707 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1604.JPG (115.5 KB, 5694 views)
princesscurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd suggest some fast shopping, but hold onto your smaller clothes for now. You are enjoying it for now, but see how you feel once you are back at work, seasons change, and all that sort of thing. In the meantime thought, don't torture yourself and look odd by squeezing into things that are too small for you!

(and when you are shopping, do try on a few sizes....might have gone up more than one by the sound/look of things)

Have fun shopping and with your new softness!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
rootrp35

rootrp35 can now change their title
Default Why not?

If it excites you, then why not give it a shot. You said you felt like you were in limbo at this stage, so I would suggest pursuing it until you form a solid opinion for yourself. You might enjoy it
rootrp35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you like it, why stop?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Healthwise, if you're just living your life and a few pounds have snuck on, it's likely you're not going to have anything to worry about, even if you do continue to gain.

It certainly looks good on you, but you are living in what seems to be one of the most openly fat-hating places in the world, so you're likely to get others who will disagree vehemently; still, if YOU'RE happy, what can they really say? (A lot, but let's be positive here!)
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
degek2001

degek2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdegek2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Like it to read about your summer gain. Lovely gain. I like your round tummy. Fat on the wright places. Hot and very sexy. I am curious about the reactions Monday! Do you want to share them with us?

Good luck and keep on gaining. Very sexy!

<3 Henk
degek2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
MrChipz

MrChipz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrChipz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cute! I love muffin tops. No matter what you weigh, there will be guys who like the way you look.
MrChipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Educate 'Em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Healthwise, if you're just living your life and a few pounds have snuck on, it's likely you're not going to have anything to worry about, even if you do continue to gain.

It certainly looks good on you, but you are living in what seems to be one of the most openly fat-hating places in the world, so you're likely to get others who will disagree vehemently; still, if YOU'RE happy, what can they really say? (A lot, but let's be positive here!)
Education should be one of the most freethinking and least fat-hating spheres of human activity. Maybe a good many people need to be educated!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #9
princesscurves

Smile

Thank you so much for the kind replies everyone, it is very much appreciated

I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes, mostly work clothes and a few dressy/casual bits too. I really enjoyed picking up the bigger sizes and walking round the shops with them on full show, maybe a bit weird?! lol it was strangely exciting to pick up plus sized clothes I felt really proud!?!

As Tad suggested I have gone up more than one dress size, two dress sizes in most things and 3 in jeans I got such a rush having to ask the sales assistant in the changing room to go and get me a bigger sized pair of jeans I have also gone up 2 cup sizes ! So i'm now a size 16-18 uk size (12-14 US?) Not all sized 16s fitted so i'm clearly at the bigger end of that size and the things I bought in that size are elasticated/loose fitting so that they will last a little longer. I can't believe i've been squeezing into uk size 12/14s for the last few weeks Must have looked ridiculous bulging at the seems

I think my experience shopping, how much I am enjoying my extra weight, and your very kind replies has helped me reach the decision that I am definitely not going back to watching what I eat! It does excite me, as a couple of you said and I'm just going to take it as it comes. I'm going to set a mini goal of reaching 215lbs, which at 5'"1 should be quite a noticable gain and really fill me out a lot more. I'm in no particular rush though and I think it might take away the excitement of watching the pounds creep on if I do it by planning a massive food intake. I love the way my weight has increased organically through just eating what I want so I'm going to carry on doing that. I am SO excited to watch this happen. Does anyone have any expierience with gaining naturally/planning it? Would love to hear which people prefer!

I'm hoping I can update you on this thread with how it's going along the way, for support and to show you how my new fullness is looking, if that is ok?

I am really nervous/excited to see peoples reaction at work tomorrow, and of course I will update you with how that goes, Henk.

Thanks again for all your lovely responses, it really is appreciated

PC
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
joey86

joey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot picsjoey86 does more than just post hot pics
Smile

Aww you look great! glad you decided to gain :-) keep up the good work!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
princesscurves

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
Aww you look great! glad you decided to gain :-) keep up the good work!
Thanks Joey I'm going to post some more pictures tomorrow, I think those actually make me look a little smaller than I am, especially the 2nd and 3rd ones.

I've put quite a lot of my smaller clothes into some of those suction storage bags to make space for the new clothes and i'm returning a pair of work pants I bought yesterday for the next size up because they are fairly fitted and I don't think i'll fit into them for that long if i carry on gaining at a similar rate. I'm not sure yet whether this is something I will definitely continue with so i'm being careful not to spend a lot of money on clothes!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #12
rootrp35

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscurves View Post
Thank you so much for the kind replies everyone, it is very much appreciated

I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes, mostly work clothes and a few dressy/casual bits too. I really enjoyed picking up the bigger sizes and walking round the shops with them on full show, maybe a bit weird?! lol it was strangely exciting to pick up plus sized clothes I felt really proud!?!

As Tad suggested I have gone up more than one dress size, two dress sizes in most things and 3 in jeans I got such a rush having to ask the sales assistant in the changing room to go and get me a bigger sized pair of jeans I have also gone up 2 cup sizes ! So i'm now a size 16-18 uk size (12-14 US?) Not all sized 16s fitted so i'm clearly at the bigger end of that size and the things I bought in that size are elasticated/loose fitting so that they will last a little longer. I can't believe i've been squeezing into uk size 12/14s for the last few weeks Must have looked ridiculous bulging at the seems

I think my experience shopping, how much I am enjoying my extra weight, and your very kind replies has helped me reach the decision that I am definitely not going back to watching what I eat! It does excite me, as a couple of you said and I'm just going to take it as it comes. I'm going to set a mini goal of reaching 215lbs, which at 5'"1 should be quite a noticable gain and really fill me out a lot more. I'm in no particular rush though and I think it might take away the excitement of watching the pounds creep on if I do it by planning a massive food intake. I love the way my weight has increased organically through just eating what I want so I'm going to carry on doing that. I am SO excited to watch this happen. Does anyone have any expierience with gaining naturally/planning it? Would love to hear which people prefer!

I'm hoping I can update you on this thread with how it's going along the way, for support and to show you how my new fullness is looking, if that is ok?

I am really nervous/excited to see peoples reaction at work tomorrow, and of course I will update you with how that goes, Henk.

Thanks again for all your lovely responses, it really is appreciated

PC
My wife started intentionally gaining last spring and has come to enjoy it very much. She didn't really set a goal, just went on how she felt about it during the process. She seemed unsure at times to begin with, but after gaining a substantial amount of weight (40lbs+) she is very happy with her new look and freedom. She always loved to eat, but never endulged. After a pregnancy put quite a bit of weight on her and increased her appetite, she felt in limbo (as you said). I'm happy she decided to go the larger path rather than dieting and I think she is happier now than she has been in years with her body. Hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
latefreshman15

latefreshman15 has said some nice things
Default You look chubby and perfect :)

Me likes! Definitely a party belly!
latefreshman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Mmm... muffin.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
princesscurves

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootrp35 View Post
My wife started intentionally gaining last spring and has come to enjoy it very much. She didn't really set a goal, just went on how she felt about it during the process. She seemed unsure at times to begin with, but after gaining a substantial amount of weight (40lbs+) she is very happy with her new look and freedom. She always loved to eat, but never endulged. After a pregnancy put quite a bit of weight on her and increased her appetite, she felt in limbo (as you said). I'm happy she decided to go the larger path rather than dieting and I think she is happier now than she has been in years with her body. Hope this helps.
That sounds exactly how I want to do it. Did what kind of reaction did she recieve from friends/colleagues? a 40lb gain would take me to just under my mini goal, so hopefully as your wife did I won't feel so much in limbo when I reach that. I am still not sure of my partner's feelings about it, he has only commented on my weight gain once and I am quite embarrasssed to bring it up Your wife is very lucky to have your support and its great that you enjoy her larger. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by latefreshman15 View Post
Me likes! Definitely a party belly!
Heh, thank you What is a party belly??xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post
Mmm... muffin.
aah I think its slightly more than a muffin, dontcha think?!

So, for those of you who wanted an update on how my return to work went... It was ok. A few double takes from colleagues when I stood up, but I thought it best to just take the awkwardness away by drawing attention to it myself, I just patted my belly and said "as yes, slight bit of indulgence this holiday ", it got a laugh and noone said anything after that! Few jealous glances when I was eating a lovely plate of cheesy pasta for lunch while they munched on salads , though i did have an apple too. Slightly different reaction from students who rather than ask/stare decided to whisper amongst themselves deciding if I was expecting or not I just decided to say nothing, it'll be clear when in 7/8months and a baby doesn't appear that I am in fact just fat

Ive taken a few pictures the last few days and I'd thought id share some with you for the start of my journey hopefully with you lovely people Obviously not exactly at the start as i'm already +28lbs or so, but at the start of me enjoying it and seeing what happens next! I can't stop taking pictures and staring at myself in the mirror...is this normal?!? Sure I wasn't so vain when I was thin! My favourite thing atm is trying on old clothes that fitted at the end of the last academic year, and I can't even fasten/zip up now...donn't know why but it gives me such a thrill to see myself busting out of them

Anyway, here are the pictures. Hope you like

PC
xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1715cropped.jpg (32.6 KB, 4988 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1712cropped.jpg (44.1 KB, 4972 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1711cropped.jpg (113.1 KB, 4990 views)
File Type: jpg cropped.jpg (28.4 KB, 4951 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1704cropped.jpg (30.2 KB, 4937 views)
Old 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
princesscurves

Obviously as you can see, when squashed into clothes that are too small I look a lot smaller than when I just let it all hang out
Those two bottoms pictures are of me squeezing into what was one of my favourite work dresses before the summer holidays. It used to fit perfectly and now, as you can see in the right hand photo, I am very tightly packed into it even though it isnt zipped up..I can hardly breathe in it! The zip is now several inches away from being able to close, crazy to think that I used to throw this on in a morning and wear it comfortably all day, only 2 months ago! I love my fat even my back is starting to get rolls!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
rootrp35

[QUOTE=princesscurves;1779772]That sounds exactly how I want to do it. Did what kind of reaction did she recieve from friends/colleagues? a 40lb gain would take me to just under my mini goal, so hopefully as your wife did I won't feel so much in limbo when I reach that. I am still not sure of my partner's feelings about it, he has only commented on my weight gain once and I am quite embarrasssed to bring it up Your wife is very lucky to have your support and its great that you enjoy her larger. Thanks!

She only has her mother and I haven't heard anything about it from her. My side of the family seems concerned, but they'll have to get over it, haha. As far as friends go, we have only lived in this area for a little over a year or so. She only has one real friend here who is also a BBW (300lbs+). My wife thinks she is very beautiful and I think this was the major factor in her decision to gain.

Nice pics, looks like you have gotten off to a good start. I hope you are happy with your results
Old 09-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
rootrp35

Quote:
Obviously as you can see, when squashed into clothes that are too small I look a lot smaller than when I just let it all hang out
Those two bottoms pictures are of me squeezing into what was one of my favourite work dresses before the summer holidays. It used to fit perfectly and now, as you can see in the right hand photo, I am very tightly packed into it even though it isnt zipped up..I can hardly breathe in it! The zip is now several inches away from being able to close, crazy to think that I used to throw this on in a morning and wear it comfortably all day, only 2 months ago! I love my fat even my back is starting to get rolls!
Great!! from the sound of things, you can change that possible BBW to confirmed BBW to be
Old 09-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
princesscurves

Shame I can't change the title of the thread
Glad you like the pics. Thank you.

PC
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Shame I can't change the title of the thread
Glad you like the pics. Thank you.

PC
You do look lovely, hope this continues to make you happy.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #21
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not just a muffin anymore, but a beautiful potbelly
Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #22
princesscurves

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
You do look lovely, hope this continues to make you happy.
Thank you so much, that is very kind. So far I am loving it
Peoples kind words on here are so encouraging to me. I don't know anyone from this community IRL so this site is a massive support.

PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post
Not just a muffin anymore, but a beautiful potbelly
Thanks sweetie. I think its more than a muffin too. I had a little muffin before I even gained, so i'd be disappointed if I was still only a muffin!
Not had a chance to weigh myself yet this week but I think i've grown a little
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Peoples kind words on here are so encouraging to me. I don't know anyone from this community IRL so this site is a massive support.

PC
Depending on where you live and travel limitations, you could mean some great people from the group at bashes and live events. That's only if you want to of course.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
rootrp35

Quote:
Peoples kind words on here are so encouraging to me. I don't know anyone from this community IRL so this site is a massive support.:
That's the same way my wife felt once she started seeing results. She didn't plan on gaining as much as she has at first. But once she started, the more she gained, the more she liked the looks. She has really settled into the bigger lifestyle now with the support of her friend Jess and I. I wish I could get her on here as well, she isn't really into online boards and posting pics was shot down fast, for now at least, haha.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #25
princesscurves

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Depending on where you live and travel limitations, you could mean some great people from the group at bashes and live events. That's only if you want to of course.

That would be great once I pluck up the courage! At what point does one become a BBW? are there events in the uk?

ROOT: How much has your wife gained if you don't mind my asking? I have always been a little skeptical of forums too, mostly in terms of identity and personal details, I would be reluctant to post pictures of my face online for the moment, particularly working in adult education, but the supper and all the questions you have answered for you on these sites, that you couldn't ask anyone IRL is such a blessing - keep on encouraging your wife to join

I've decided to only weigh myself once a week as I think I'll drive myself mad otherwise! So Friday will be the next time as that's when I started this thread. I haven't been stuffing or anything, just continuing to eat as I want. Im probably eating meals around 1/3 bigger now because I never finished a meal before. I've also had dessert often during the week when I wouldn't have before except on a sunday. In terms of exercise I have gone back to the gym after 3 months just to go to zumba and aqua classes, but haven't been to the gym to do any intensive cardio as I usually would twice a week. I'm finding myself getting quite sweaty and tired from zumba where I wouldn't usually have broken sweat 27pounds ago. The gym instructor who used to come over to say hi after classes didn't seem to recognise me and looked straight at me when she asked if there were any newbies! I had completely forgotten to buy new gym gear when I went back so for the first class I ended up wearing pants 2 sizes too small, although they are kinda stretchy material it looked ridiculous stretched across my bum and belly... My underwear outline was SO obvious! Oops! I went straight after to buy some gym vests and sweatpants the right size. And a new sports bra since that is now too small and spent an hour digging into my back fat while I danced around I know it may slow down my gaining by exercising but I'm in no rush and I want to stay as healthy and toned as I can. Toned fat.. Is that even possible?! Haha!

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask on here or DM me

PC